BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #89
douger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

You are in slow moving traffic and following the car in front of you at a reasonable distance. Some dumb ass tailgates you for a couple of miles then passes you on the right when they get a chance -- only to slam on their brakes once they are in front of you because the person in front of you is driving the same speed as the rest of the traffic. Makes me support capital punishment!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #90
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Joel View Post
-This afternoon I was on the highway riding with my friend. It was blindingly sunny so we slowed down. We were still doing over the limit. This a-hole in a Suburban was about 2 inches off our ass. We got over as soon as we could. The guy cuts in front of us, almost running us off the road. Then he slams on his brakes and goes down to like 40.. We tried to get around him and he kept cutting us off.. What the hell?
That's when you take the cellphone and call 911 to report the driver for road rage. While he's right there you can give a perfect description including license plate. Just don't mention you're over the limit.

Also, make sure he sees you with the cell phone.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #91
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hav2flynow View Post
Another item that bugs me is when the off ramps are backed up, which is a daily event during rush hour(s) in Miami, cars dont want to wait in line so they go past everyone and try to merge at the exit point backing up the thru lanes too. I have almost rear ended several times cars that slam on the brakes and then signal while in the thru lane trying to break in line for the off ramp. Sometimes its so bad it looks like a double off ramp lane when it NOT!
Oh that's a good one. It also bothers me when someone lets that car (the one that pulls in at the last second) into the exit lane. Maybe if you left them assed out on the thru lane, they won't try to cut in front of everyone next time.
It's called "inconsiderate driving" over here and drivers can be cited for it.
What would be nice is have the highway department put small, 3-foot poles on springs about six to eight feet apart on the solid white line between the through lanes and the exit ramp. Then, during rush hour have a cop ticketing these idiots for obstructing traffic.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #92
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
It's called "inconsiderate driving" over here and drivers can be cited for it.
What would be nice is have the highway department put small, 3-foot poles on springs about six to eight feet apart on the solid white line between the through lanes and the exit ramp. Then, during rush hour have a cop ticketing these idiots for obstructing traffic.
You obviously dont live in Miami. I dont either (its like a 3rd world country) i just commute there once or twice a week. First, there are no cops on the interstate, its a free for all. Second, they put up these 3' high plastic poles where the road divides in one area and they mowed them all down.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #93
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav2flynow View Post
You obviously dont live in Miami. I dont either (its like a 3rd world country) i just commute there once or twice a week. First, there are no cops on the interstate, its a free for all. Second, they put up these 3' high plastic poles where the road divides in one area and they mowed them all down.
third, they turned an originally planned 3-lane I95 (south) into 5 lanes...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #94
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Who's "they", the fool drivers or the highway department?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #95
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Who's "they", the fool drivers or the highway department?
HWY Dept...the lanes going south fromFt Lauderdale into Miami are super narrow...at least they were 3-4 years ago...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #96
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

fact is I'm guilty of most of the things in here. Only because I have no respect for 90% of drivers on the road.

- American drivers typically have completely different personalities when in their cars compared to when outside. I'll see someone driving like a complete douchebag, weaving, etc. I pull up to them and find out that it's a 50 year old asian woman. WTF. Either that or a skinny fucking nerd who would get his shit pushed in if he ever acted so stupid outside his car.

- I always tailgate. Usually someone is ALWAYS going slow in the left lane, leaving a 40 car distance in front of them. Fuck them, I don't care if they don't like me, I'll tailgate no matter what car you have, Porsche, SUV, whatever. Being in the right lane is a different story, but if you're in the left you better be going at least 20 over the speed limit.

- I pass on the right all the time, for the reason above.

- If someone in front of me is turning left or right, I will accelerate and pass them just as they make the turn, effectively "running them off the road". Because it gets done to me every turn I take.

- To avoid getting "run off the road" while turning, I will typically floor it to place a large distance between me and the car in front of me. That way I can turn at my own pace without some fuck SUV or pickup truck running up my ass.

- I constantly pay attention to my rearview to see if any shmuck is gonna try and pass me on the right. And if they do, I accelerate and block him in, making him look like a fucktard.

- On the rotaries/roundabouts here in Mass, I will pass people around the turns because no one has a clue how rotaries work and end up braking in the middle of the fuckin road.

- People who seem to purposely drive in 2 lanes. If I see that I usually pass them at a high speed and an extremely close distance to scare the shit out of them.

Basically, I normally cruise without problem, but there are 1 or 2 people a day that really get on my nerves. Most of the time it turns out to be a soccer mom or some other old fuckhead that doesn't even deserve to have a liscense.

This problem would be solved, all the RMV needs to do is implement a MUCH harder driving test... and stress the rules like they do in Germany... aka IF YOU WANT TO GO SLOW< STAY IN THE FUCKING RIHGT LANE.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #97
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Sounds like you need a beer....and some psychiatric help.
      01-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #98
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
fact is I'm guilty of most of the things in here. Only because I have no respect for 90% of drivers on the road.

- American drivers typically have completely different personalities when in their cars compared to when outside. I'll see someone driving like a complete douchebag, weaving, etc. I pull up to them and find out that it's a 50 year old asian woman. WTF. Either that or a skinny fucking nerd who would get his shit pushed in if he ever acted so stupid outside his car.

- I always tailgate. Usually someone is ALWAYS going slow in the left lane, leaving a 40 car distance in front of them. Fuck them, I don't care if they don't like me, I'll tailgate no matter what car you have, Porsche, SUV, whatever. Being in the right lane is a different story, but if you're in the left you better be going at least 20 over the speed limit.

- If someone in front of me is turning left or right, I will accelerate and pass them just as they make the turn, effectively "running them off the road". Because it gets done to me every turn I take.

- To avoid getting "run off the road" while turning, I will typically floor it to place a large distance between me and the car in front of me. That way I can turn at my own pace without some fuck SUV or pickup truck running up my ass.

- I constantly pay attention to my rearview to see if any shmuck is gonna try and pass me on the right. And if they do, I accelerate and block him in, making him look like a fucktard.

- On the rotaries/roundabouts here in Mass, I will pass people around the turns because no one has a clue how rotaries work and end up braking in the middle of the fuckin road.

- People who seem to purposely drive in 2 lanes. If I see that I usually pass them at a high speed and an extremely close distance to scare the shit out of them.

Basically, I normally cruise without problem, but there are 1 or 2 people a day that really get on my nerves. Most of the time it turns out to be a soccer mom or some other old fuckhead that doesn't even deserve to have a liscense.

This problem would be solved, all the RMV needs to do is implement a MUCH harder driving test... and stress the rules like they do in Germany... aka IF YOU WANT TO GO SLOW< STAY IN THE FUCKING RIHGT LANE.
Like you yourself deserves to have a "liscense"? BTW, it's L-I-C-E-N-S-E.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #99
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Your driving antics are probably why many have said the worst drivers are in Boston. Do a lot of Bostonians speak the same filthy language you do?
      01-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #100
Heidelberg328i
2007 328i in Germany
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Damn herbz....

Looks like we'll be reading about your sorry ass in the obituaries some day soon.

Chill out, dude...you don't own the road, we all do...it's called tax payers dollars.

Plus two wrongs will not make a right...two wrongs usually leave someone DEAD!:mad:
      01-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #101
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:

Hypocritical isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #102
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:

^^Why I can't stand Boston drivers...

Everyone in Boston needs to have a beer and chill out. Herbz, looks more like you need an IV hooked up to you.. Where do you live, I'll swing by and we'll set you up on a 4 beer/hour drip of Sam Adams??

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #103
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
5 lanes have for sure made improvments in the flow, but sill many slower drivers are oblivious of the other 3 and 4 other lanes to the right of them. I drive fast, but i always move from the far left if no one is infront of me. I have my car set to the 3 blinks on the lane changer stalk, that really comes in handy changing lanes so much,but I think im a courtous driver not a dumb ass that sits in left lane all day. The 2007 x3 loaner im driving now does not have it, i really miss that feature. Cant wait to get my baby back.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #104
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Your driving antics are probably why many have said the worst drivers are in Boston. Do a lot of Bostonians speak the same filthy language you do?
yeah... sadly... being around bad drivers makes you a worse driver i guess, i'm not denying any of the things i said above

being around bad drivers also makes me curse excessively, what can i say
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #105
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
Hypocritical isn't it?
not really though, because if i'm in the left lane, i'm at least going at a reasonable speed (faster than the other 4 lanes), so if someone tries to pass me on the right, it's out of pure stupidity.

if i feel like going slow i'll take it to the right lane where if someone wants to pass me they can do so on the left.

when i pass people on the right, it's because someone on the left is going slower than the people in the other 4 lanes. i won't pass someone on the right that's going a reasonable speed.

Quote:
Damn herbz....

Looks like we'll be reading about your sorry ass in the obituaries some day soon.

Chill out, dude...you don't own the road, we all do...it's called tax payers dollars.

Plus two wrongs will not make a right...two wrongs usually leave someone DEAD!
i'm still here... like i said 99% of the time i'm chillin in the right lane, but when you're around other terrible drivers every day of the week, it gives you angry tendencies. i think i posted that post after a terrible ride home ( most days )

you dont gotta call me a sorry ass though, did i insult you in my post??
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #106
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like you yourself deserves to have a "liscense"? BTW, it's L-I-C-E-N-S-E.
spelling on an internet message is extremely improtant to me. sorry.

maybe i don't deserve a liscence, but the US driving test is so easy that it doesn't matter does it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #107
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
^^Why I can't stand Boston drivers...

Everyone in Boston needs to have a beer and chill out. Herbz, looks more like you need an IV hooked up to you.. Where do you live, I'll swing by and we'll set you up on a 4 beer/hour drip of Sam Adams??
lets go... as long as we stay away from the expressway during rush hour
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2007, 07:22 AM   #108
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
lets go... as long as we stay away from the expressway during rush hour

The whole "people driving slow in the left lane and don't move over for you when you come up behind them thing" drives me nuts too. It really causes miles of traffic, for no reason. It's funny, everytime someone moves to the right to let me pass, I almost want a huge scrolling LED sign on the back of my car saying "THANK YOU!!! "

My observation is that the majority of the time it is some clueless woman in her big SUV talking on her cell phone completely oblivious to the outside world too.. Can't they make that illegal?? Woman in SUV's on cell phones??

Tough town though, like I say, let's go have a meeting with Dr. Sam Adams sometime to de-stress...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #109
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

http://autos.aol.com/article/general...30105009990001

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #110
EHDEN
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [7.00]
1) When they turn into your lane just to go the same speed limit as they were behind the driver on their original lane!
2) drive slow on the fast lane...
3) rocks or debri falling from cars and trucks...
4) people on cell phones switching lanes like they are the only ones out there..
5) cars with accessories worth more than the engine itself that make motor boat noise ... and think it looks good.
6) 826 Palmetto...worse place to drive!!!
7) girls speeding and trying to be hard ass by racing. or girls speeding period.
8) cigarette tossing while you are driving behind the vehicle.
9) Traffic for no reason.
10) Cars waiting for last minute to turn on their exit and slow down to turn to the correct lane slowing traffic...

ps:
For turn signal..you turn in the lane and half way into it, you put your turn signal on....hahaha...so that way no1 can speed into your lane.