BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-31-2020, 10:28 AM   #2421
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Sounds like you both need to find foods that agree more with your body lol. Something you are putting in there is obviously causing a disturbance!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 10:38 AM   #2422
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Holy shit, so you lost 100lbs. That is crazy man, good for you. 155lbs is a good goal for the time being, and you can always increase that as you progress. I have a buddy who is the same height, he weighs roughly 170 and has a mean build. So anything is possible. Also at that height your range of motion is more suited to bodybuildingesk movements. Hence once you start pushing some weight in the gym, you'll want to keep on climbing in those numbers.

I know you said you have another 2-4weeks left in your cut, but do you really think you need to cut anymore? Honest question as I don't know what you look like, but if I was in your shoes I'd start more of a lean bulk like you had mentioned. Up the weights, up the protein intake, reduce the cardio slightly. All up to you, just my two cents from an outsider looking in!
Thanks man, I appreciate that. If it wasn't for the flab around the belly, I'd be in a bulk right now. I bulked for 3 months during the gym shutdown doing calisthenics and put on a surprising amount of muscle in those 3 months. Before when I tried to get lean, I just didn't have the mass underneath to support it. The way I see it at the moment is that while I'm this size, I might as well go ahead and finish getting rid of the rest of the fat now. Then I'll slowly add daily calories until the scales stop moving, then add more. I plan to bulk all fall/winter then start cutting again February or March.

I catch hell for it, but my goal is to look more like a basketball player or gymnast rather than being built. I've been overweight most of my life and I just want to enjoy being lean for a while. I'm not the type to draw a lot of attention to myself, but for those that notice, I want it to be recognized the amount of work that's been put in ya know.

Quote:
Sounds like you both need to find foods that agree more with your body lol. Something you are putting in there is obviously causing a disturbance!
Mines more of muscles, joints and whey protein farts first thing in the morning. I swear my body sounds like someone walking around in old creaky house opening doors. My body could be used to make up all the sound effects in scary movies. One of my kids named one of my farts "The Open Door Classic"
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00
      07-31-2020, 04:18 PM   #2423
Really_fat_ninja
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
sheesh, what you been doing in the meantime?

Have been active as shit the last couple days. Gym in the AM with either golf or yardwork after work. Have been 16,000 steps+ each day, yeah I count my steps get off my back... King Rudi lol. Prolly down 3-5lbs from Tuesday, but this was after eating like a hoss for the last 10 days give or take, so assumed I'd drop relatively quickly. Hit arms this morning, I took them out of my regimen for a little while, but I am adding them in as of lately. Golf tournament got pushed, but hoping to get a vacation in within the next two months. So that's my goal for leaning out as of now!
Lol I’ve been cutting and light lifting at home.
      08-01-2020, 12:59 AM   #2424
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Well. I'm back to doing the home gym thing again. Sold all my equipment before moving out here 2 years ago, thinking I'd go to the gym down the street forever. I hate you covid.

Sucks to have to buy weights again. I really only squat so a bit easier on wallet. Squat stands for smaller footprint, bar, and bunch of plates lol The wife says don't go to the gym, so I'll bring the gym home again.

Happy lifting everyone!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #2425
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i can't stand jealous mother effers at the gym! i'm pretty cool with everyone at the gym. i always say hi and when i make eye contact with anyone i usually give a nod or raise my hand up and say hi. this one chick i always say hi to always smiles and says hi back. i walk over to the shoulder press machine and before i start this dude walks up to me giving me a sign that he wants to ask something? i take my head set off and i don't know the dude or even seen him before. here's the short conversation:

me: what's up?
db: you flirting with my girl?
me: excuse me?
db: that blonde over there?
me: (smartass tone) which one...there's like 8 of them?
db: that one!
me: are you serious? i believe we say hi to each other all the time
db: well i don't appreciate you speaking to my girl
me: dude, get out of my face before we have a problem

because i'm literally friends with all the big mofos in the gym they all heard what was going on and they all walked over. 6 dudes just circled this guy. lol i don't condone any violence or threats or anything but my buddy(275lbs all muscle) literally pokes the dude square in the chest with such politeness and tells him to take his jealousy out of this gym, walk away and enjoy the rest of your day!

it's crazy that even just saying hi to any dudes girl's in the gym bothers them
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 08:20 AM   #2426
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Interested if that air purifier even does anything. Especially if you're in a large gym, doubt it can cover the entire area.

I'm fine with the mask, I understand the reasoning, but it is just a little annoying. Our requires the mask at all times, only during cardio is it a real pain in the ass.

Lactose can definitely do that, it's the same on my end I limit the amount of milk/yogurt I intake for that exact reason. For majority of my life I was the opposite, I can always put on lbs unfortunately. Over the last few years I've really dialed in how my body reacts, so I know how to lean out now. With that said I can't comment on the cancer symptoms, hopefully it is nothing linked to that man.
My same thoughts too about that AirPHX thing. Went to the gym yesterday and they had a big rectangular box thing out front. It appears to be extremely heavy as it was on a pallet. I can only guess that it appears to be an HVAC unit. I can only speculate that if it is an HVAC unit they're looking to get ahead of all the talk of spread through air handlers.

We just got a state order that all public indoor areas will require a mask now. The local Y has already announced the rule changes. But I haven't seen any signage or updates at my gym about if they're also wrapped up in the executive order. I guess I'll see when I go to the gym next. I might be working out with my Bane mask.

Thanks for the sentiments. The symptoms definitely remind me of problems I had prior to being diagnosed with cancer. My cancers are GI related. I did have a colonoscopy about a year ago and had three different scans back around October. But things seem to be settling down with the bloated/gassy feel I've been having.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 08:42 AM   #2427
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i can't stand jealous mother effers at the gym! i'm pretty cool with everyone at the gym. i always say hi and when i make eye contact with anyone i usually give a nod or raise my hand up and say hi. this one chick i always say hi to always smiles and says hi back. i walk over to the shoulder press machine and before i start this dude walks up to me giving me a sign that he wants to ask something? i take my head set off and i don't know the dude or even seen him before. here's the short conversation:

because i'm literally friends with all the big mofos in the gym they all heard what was going on and they all walked over. 6 dudes just circled this guy. lol i don't condone any violence or threats or anything but my buddy(275lbs all muscle) literally pokes the dude square in the chest with such politeness and tells him to take his jealousy out of this gym, walk away and enjoy the rest of your day!

F'n hilarious. But sadly to me the gym is some times just another form of a night club. And many people's behaviors reflect this view. When Bally's was around, yes I'm dirt old, the location I went to literally looked like a night club. There were no windows on the main gym floor just artificial lighting. And I kid you not, neon lighting that you would see in a club. Many women were going there to "workout" with make up on and all done up. Guys spent more time talking to the women than actually working out.

Speaking of big dudes. There's this mountain that works out at my gym. Not a body builder but definitely a power lifter without the big gut. Watched him the other day bench press 415lbs. He picked that weight off the bench did a slow negative with it. Then rested the bar on his chest for about 2 seconds and then proceeded to press it up. There were a few of us that stopped working out to witness this. He did this for another 2 sets. I really want to know what this dude was doing to maintain that strength through the gym shutdown as it apparently didn't affect him at all.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #2428
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
F'n hilarious. But sadly to me the gym is some times just another form of a night club. And many people's behaviors reflect this view. When Bally's was around, yes I'm dirt old, the location I went to literally looked like a night club. There were no windows on the main gym floor just artificial lighting. And I kid you not, neon lighting that you would see in a club. Many women were going there to "workout" with make up on and all done up. Guys spent more time talking to the women than actually working out.

Speaking of big dudes. There's this mountain that works out at my gym. Not a body builder but definitely a power lifter without the big gut. Watched him the other day bench press 415lbs. He picked that weight off the bench did a slow negative with it. Then rested the bar on his chest for about 2 seconds and then proceeded to press it up. There were a few of us that stopped working out to witness this. He did this for another 2 sets. I really want to know what this dude was doing to maintain that strength through the gym shutdown as it apparently didn't affect him at all.
that would have killed my gym motivation and i would have just walked out
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      08-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #2429
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Come on man dont you pause rep 4 plates bro?
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #2430
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Tired of the downfall here. Started counting macros again few days ago feel better already getting enough. Was down 20 lbs at peak. Had great arms workout last night. Need to get back to mid 220 range again here and do my thing.
Appreciate 2
JP102463.00
      08-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #2431
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Come on man dont you pause rep 4 plates bro?
Every time I try, my skirt gets in the way......
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      08-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #2432
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah never been over 350 for paused reps.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      08-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #2433
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Tired of the downfall here. Started counting macros again few days ago feel better already getting enough. Was down 20 lbs at peak. Had great arms workout last night. Need to get back to mid 220 range again here and do my thing.
just keep grinding my brother
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #2434
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Lmao this made me laugh this morning, classic fuk boi move
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #2435
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I finally stopped walking like an old man over the weekend (leg day for the 1st time in weeks killed me last Wed.), so I'm happy to get back to my regularly scheduled programming.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #2436
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:

Dude, I'm the same way, and see this so much in S. FL. Absolutely ridiculous. Sorry for being polite to everyone around me, just like I was raised.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #2437
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I used to be the same way and still am to a degree. I generally try to be friendly to everyone. You never know when the person you've just been an ass to, will be the person you need in your pocket later.

These days, I've stopped wearing my glasses in the gym and started wearing a ball cap pulled down to my eyebrows. I wish I had started this before. Without the glasses, I can't read the text messages or emails coming through on my phone, therefore I can't reply and it's pointless to even look at my phone. The ball cap pulled down low keeps me from looking around the gym and keeps me in my zone. Also, without the glasses I can't see the hotties on the other side of the gym so that keeps me focused as well. Also keeps me out of the doghouse when the girlfriend is at the gym. I can't be accused of looking at girls when she knows I can't see them.
Appreciate 2
overcoil3072.50
      08-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #2438
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

You secretly got eye surgery and didnt tell her you sly bastard.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
UncleWede17940.00
      08-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #2439
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I used to be the same way and still am to a degree. I generally try to be friendly to everyone. You never know when the person you've just been an ass to, will be the person you need in your pocket later.

These days, I've stopped wearing my glasses in the gym and started wearing a ball cap pulled down to my eyebrows. I wish I had started this before. Without the glasses, I can't read the text messages or emails coming through on my phone, therefore I can't reply and it's pointless to even look at my phone. The ball cap pulled down low keeps me from looking around the gym and keeps me in my zone. Also, without the glasses I can't see the hotties on the other side of the gym so that keeps me focused as well. Also keeps me out of the doghouse when the girlfriend is at the gym. I can't be accused of looking at girls when she knows I can't see them.
Dude the chicks at my gym are hawt hawt they want you to look. They get mad if you don't. There's a reason why chick's wear yoga pants and makeup
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 01:55 PM   #2440
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dude the chicks at my gym are hawt hawt they want you to look. They get mad if you don't. There's a reason why chick's wear yoga pants and makeup
I'm doing something wrong then. I occasionally drop stuff so I can bend over and let them check out my hot pumpkin ass, but they never take the bait. I dop weights hoping they'll come ask if I need help, but they never do.

They must be intimidated by my example of the perfect human male condition.

Yes, I'm joking.

Girls here are wired different. If they are a solid 3-4, they act like they are a perfect 10. I've had conversations with famous people that are more down to earth than these nasty bitches that live around here. This, of course, is a case by case type scenario. Not all of them are bitches and nasty, just the vast majority of them.

With all that being said, there are a few at the gym here that like to be looked at and go out of their way to ensure that they are. These are the days that I want my glasses.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #2441
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

I'm a keep to myself kind of guy at the gym. Never take my earphones off, even if someone approaches. I just assume they're asking if either I'm done with the machine or how many sets I have left. Quick answer then back after it, usually won't even see if they responded because I don't really care what they said regardless lol. I'm not an asshole in general, but I partially am in the gym haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #2442
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I'm doing something wrong then. I occasionally drop stuff so I can bend over and let them check out my hot pumpkin ass, but they never take the bait. I dop weights hoping they'll come ask if I need help, but they never do.

They must be intimidated by my example of the perfect human male condition.

Yes, I'm joking.

Girls here are wired different. If they are a solid 3-4, they act like they are a perfect 10. I've had conversations with famous people that are more down to earth than these nasty bitches that live around here. This, of course, is a case by case type scenario. Not all of them are bitches and nasty, just the vast majority of them.

With all that being said, there are a few at the gym here that like to be looked at and go out of their way to ensure that they are. These are the days that I want my glasses.
Haha! Maybe your pumpkin is flat this one chick I talk to is super cute. One time she was having a conversation with me but I pretty much filtered that out as I was just admiring her teeth, eyes and lips 💋 and when she stopped talking I realized she asked me a question?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00