BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-11-2023, 07:40 AM   #23
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
809
Rep
1,597
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
That didn't take long.
Michigan State suspends coach Mel Tucker after sexual harassment allegations
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Some MSU fans have started referring to him as Mel Tugger.

Probably more like $75-80M assuming he gets fired for Cause, although my guess is they’d settle to pay him something to go away without a lawsuit. Dumb.
I think this was dumb on both ends. MSU should have never offered him that kind of money just look at his coaching track record. Give the money to Dion. Mels an idiot for not realizing the out clause in his contract for good behavior. Lets face it, MSU was looking for anything to try and get an out on their mistake and Mel made it easy for them. The things guys do cause they can't control their lil self. Come on, consensual phone sex with a previous sexual assault victim and advocate? Could almost appear to be a set-up for a fool.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2023, 11:29 PM   #24
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Colorado at Oregon next weekend. Should be interesting.
Appreciate 1
mookie45770.00
      09-12-2023, 08:24 PM   #25
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
809
Rep
1,597
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Colorado at Oregon next weekend. Should be interesting.
Its not going to be an easy task but they need to make Colorado beat them with the run. Bump and run all the receivers and bring disguised blitzes all day. What they cannot allow Shadeur to do is sit in the pocket and pass the guys got a good deep ball.
Oregon can score on Colorado's suspect defense so all they need to do is slow Colorado scoring down and win the shootout.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 12:33 AM   #26
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Its not going to be an easy task but they need to make Colorado beat them with the run. Bump and run all the receivers and bring disguised blitzes all day. What they cannot allow Shadeur to do is sit in the pocket and pass the guys got a good deep ball.
Oregon can score on Colorado's suspect defense so all they need to do is slow Colorado scoring down and win the shootout.
Imagine if Colorado pulls out another win. They have USC coming into town the following weekend. That game would have massive hype.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 09:22 AM   #27
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
809
Rep
1,597
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Imagine if Colorado pulls out another win. They have USC coming into town the following weekend. That game would have massive hype.
PAC12 is quite the gauntlet this season.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #28
Accentu8
Second Lieutenant
Accentu8's Avatar
703
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: MY24 Porsche Taycan
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Milroe looks like an absolute unit. Lets see what he does against Texas.
Not too good

Hook ‘em!
__________________
MY24 Porsche Taycan | Neptune blue | Black |

MY24 Audi SQ5 Prestige | Mythos black metallic | Magma red Nappa

Retired: MY23 BMW 840i Coupe | MY21 Audi SQ5 | MY19 Audi A6
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 10:05 AM   #29
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
RobotDoctor's Avatar
679
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Florida's first coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
PAC12 is quite the gauntlet this season.
Swan song for the Pac12. Watching the games this year is going to be a lot of fun! Go Buffs!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 10:50 AM   #30
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
809
Rep
1,597
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

So its easy to second guess but CSU coach wanted to play aggressive and started the personal spat to fire up this game and had it in the bag.
Until he started playing conservative late in the 4th quarter keeping the ball on the ground trying to runout the clock. He had the cross route all day and did not run any the last series. Then his team luckily pinned the Buff on the 2 yard line and what did he do?
Played prevent defense the absolutely worst defense to run against Shadeur Sanders. CSU, your coaching staff lost this game, you had it in the bag!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 11:40 AM   #31
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
10941
Rep
4,819
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Its not going to be an easy task but they need to make Colorado beat them with the run. Bump and run all the receivers and bring disguised blitzes all day. What they cannot allow Shadeur to do is sit in the pocket and pass the guys got a good deep ball.
Oregon can score on Colorado's suspect defense so all they need to do is slow Colorado scoring down and win the shootout.
I don't think Colorado has faced linemen on either side of the ball remotely close to what they will face this week. We'll see what happens but I will be very surprised if this one is close.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
BMWILUVU809.00
      09-18-2023, 05:08 PM   #32
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3905
Rep
2,524
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
So its easy to second guess but CSU coach wanted to play aggressive and started the personal spat to fire up this game and had it in the bag.
Until he started playing conservative late in the 4th quarter keeping the ball on the ground trying to runout the clock. He had the cross route all day and did not run any the last series. Then his team luckily pinned the Buff on the 2 yard line and what did he do?
Played prevent defense the absolutely worst defense to run against Shadeur Sanders. CSU, your coaching staff lost this game, you had it in the bag!
CSU should have wont that game. They were the better team Saturday. However, they killed themselves with penalties, 18 for 182yds, and then forgot to cover at the end of the game.

I dont mind the playcalling at the end of the game. You'd been stopping them most the game outside of dumb penalties. I do think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 though to seal the victory.

All the pregame stuff seemed like something those coaches planned. They turned a CU-CSU game in to national headlines the entire week. This game has never been this hyped.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410941.00
      09-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #33
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
10941
Rep
4,819
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
CSU should have wont that game. They were the better team Saturday. However, they killed themselves with penalties, 18 for 182yds, and then forgot to cover at the end of the game.

I dont mind the playcalling at the end of the game. You'd been stopping them most the game outside of dumb penalties. I do think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 though to seal the victory.

All the pregame stuff seemed like something those coaches planned. They turned a CU-CSU game in to national headlines the entire week. This game has never been this hyped.
Same penalty story for Boston College. Could have beaten FSU.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 10:01 PM   #34
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
809
Rep
1,597
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
CSU should have wont that game. They were the better team Saturday. However, they killed themselves with penalties, 18 for 182yds, and then forgot to cover at the end of the game.

I dont mind the playcalling at the end of the game. You'd been stopping them most the game outside of dumb penalties. I do think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 though to seal the victory.

All the pregame stuff seemed like something those coaches planned. They turned a CU-CSU game in to national headlines the entire week. This game has never been this hyped.
Now the guy who hit Travis is getting death threats. The drama just gets worse. Oregon is going to school CU and expose them for only having a handful of players. This over-the-top hype ends with Oregon when reality hits home and it should have ended with CSU had they only continued playing aggressively. Why change what worked all game in the last few minutes?
Starting to feel sorry for Mel Tucker a bit. MSU really made bad decisions they should eat it. All for greed.
This week 4 has too many matchups to watch. Saturday will be vampire day, I don't think I will see any sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 08:43 AM   #35
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3905
Rep
2,524
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Now the guy who hit Travis is getting death threats. The drama just gets worse. Oregon is going to school CU and expose them for only having a handful of players. This over-the-top hype ends with Oregon when reality hits home and it should have ended with CSU had they only continued playing aggressively. Why change what worked all game in the last few minutes?
Starting to feel sorry for Mel Tucker a bit. MSU really made bad decisions they should eat it. All for greed.
This week 4 has too many matchups to watch. Saturday will be vampire day, I don't think I will see any sunlight.
yeah and it wasnt exactly that egregious of a hit. That doesnt get called a penalty in the NFL. That kind of play happens every single game in the NFL. Doesnt target the head. Doesnt blow him up like he could have. Just puts a shoulder in to his chest.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 12:22 PM   #36
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Oregon is going to school CU and expose them for only having a handful of players.
You should put some money on it, CU is +17 this weekend.

I could see them ending 8-4 maybe 7-5, hell of an upgrade over 1-11 season last year. Prime is definitely going to attract even more talent next year(portal and recruits), they need some size on offensive and defensive lines.

On a side note, what is with analysts hype on Bo Nix being a first rounder. The kid failed in SEC and is above average QB in Pac 12. Second rounder at best talent, he isn't Mariota.

Last edited by M3WC; 09-19-2023 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2023, 12:45 PM   #37
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
RobotDoctor's Avatar
679
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Florida's first coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I don't think Colorado has faced linemen on either side of the ball remotely close to what they will face this week. We'll see what happens but I will be very surprised if this one is close.
I agree with this. My gut tells me that CU will be able to score but probably not win the Oregon game. However, the USC game ...... there is a chance. I believe the SC game will be a shootout and that CU has a chance because 1) the game is in Boulder at 5,000+ feet above sea level and 2) USC's defense isn't as good as it has been. This game should be a shootout and who ever has the ball last could possibly seal the win. That being said, CU has already exceeded the expert's opinion. I don't think CU is done yet and believe that they will win a few more games.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 12:49 PM   #38
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
RobotDoctor's Avatar
679
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Florida's first coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
CSU should have wont that game. They were the better team Saturday. However, they killed themselves with penalties, 18 for 182yds, and then forgot to cover at the end of the game.

I dont mind the playcalling at the end of the game. You'd been stopping them most the game outside of dumb penalties. I do think they should have gone for it on 4th and 2 though to seal the victory.

All the pregame stuff seemed like something those coaches planned. They turned a CU-CSU game in to national headlines the entire week. This game has never been this hyped.
As a former resident of Fort Collins, having worked in Fort Collins for 33 years and a CSU fan, what I saw from CSU was utterly embarrassing. There is no doubt in my mind some of the players were looking to take out CU players, namely Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders. That goes to the coaching. CSU played a dirty game and their tactics cost them the win. Jay Norvell put the tone of the game to his players and from what I have seen it was bush league. I don't think Norvell's leadership is going to be a positive one.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 12:54 PM   #39
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
RobotDoctor's Avatar
679
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Florida's first coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Now the guy who hit Travis is getting death threats. The drama just gets worse. Oregon is going to school CU and expose them for only having a handful of players. This over-the-top hype ends with Oregon when reality hits home and it should have ended with CSU had they only continued playing aggressively. Why change what worked all game in the last few minutes?
Starting to feel sorry for Mel Tucker a bit. MSU really made bad decisions they should eat it. All for greed.
This week 4 has too many matchups to watch. Saturday will be vampire day, I don't think I will see any sunlight.
Absolutely no call for any kind of threats against Henry Blackburn. While I think he meant to take out Travis Hunter, there are methods in handling this within the NCAA and CSU if warranted. For anyone in the public to take matters into their own hands and to consider any kind of threat is way out of bounds. Anyone making a threat should be turned over to law enforcement and dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:02 PM   #40
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
RobotDoctor's Avatar
679
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Florida's first coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
yeah and it wasnt exactly that egregious of a hit. That doesnt get called a penalty in the NFL. That kind of play happens every single game in the NFL. Doesnt target the head. Doesnt blow him up like he could have. Just puts a shoulder in to his chest.
That is not how I saw the play. The ball was clearly out of bounds, had already hit the ground and Blackburn hit a defenseless player. Hunter had given up on the ball and was coasting to end the play. And actually yes, this call does get called in the NFL. It was an unnecessary hit.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 01:05 PM   #41
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17936
Rep
9,377
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
2) USC's defense isn't as good as it has been.
This year, after all my screaming at the TV for at least the past 2 seasons, they are actually TACKLING instead of just hitting and trying to get a headline reel.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #42
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3905
Rep
2,524
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
As a former resident of Fort Collins, having worked in Fort Collins for 33 years and a CSU fan, what I saw from CSU was utterly embarrassing. There is no doubt in my mind some of the players were looking to take out CU players, namely Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders. That goes to the coaching. CSU played a dirty game and their tactics cost them the win. Jay Norvell put the tone of the game to his players and from what I have seen it was bush league. I don't think Norvell's leadership is going to be a positive one.
no but thats definitely the narrative that people are trying to push. if anything, Sanders was out there poking dudes in the eyes. Thats never been a football move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
That is not how I saw the play. The ball was clearly out of bounds, had already hit the ground and Blackburn hit a defenseless player. Hunter had given up on the ball and was coasting to end the play. And actually yes, this call does get called in the NFL. It was an unnecessary hit.
you must not watch much football.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 03:43 PM   #43
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This year, after all my screaming at the TV for at least the past 2 seasons, they are actually TACKLING instead of just hitting and trying to get a headline reel.
As a Trojan fan, defense looks better than it has in years(but that isn't saying much to be honest). Still have trouble stopping the run.

I want to see Shedeur against Oregon. If he is still slinging the rock and moving the offense, they have a chance against USC defense. Could end up a Caleb vs Shedeur shootout.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17935.50
      09-19-2023, 03:47 PM   #44
M3WC
Brigadier General
3645
Rep
3,244
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
That is not how I saw the play. The ball was clearly out of bounds, had already hit the ground and Blackburn hit a defenseless player. Hunter had given up on the ball and was coasting to end the play. And actually yes, this call does get called in the NFL. It was an unnecessary hit.
Agree, with the way NFL refs call games these days...instant flag. Late and defenseless.

Blackburn was almost 5 yards from Hunter when ball had already hit the ground. Hunter made no attempt to catch the ball and had eased up. Ball was basically uncatchable for Hunter. Far from a bang-bang play.

The pile drive by Kamara in beginning of overtime is a post game NFL fine, along with the ejection.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST