BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2023, 11:38 AM   #287
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
AmuroRay's Avatar
2228
Rep
4,122
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Mac sucks(always).

Cam sucks(now).

Cam thinks he will be in the HOF: https://atozsports.com/carolina/pant...land-patriots/ does anyone else think he will be? Maybe if he had won that superbowl 9 years ago. Only one SB appearance and you lose? Doesn't sound like HOF to me. Only HOF he will be is in the Panthers.

"Robert Kraft wanted a white pocket passer as the face of the franchise" <-- Got anything to back that up or just your opinion? You think the old white jewish man is so racist he can't handle a black QB?
Bro, being "Jewish" doesn't exclude people from being racist (especially since part of their religion is predicated on it)

I wasn't even a Cam fan until he played with NE - (me, being a former Patriots fan) but then I realized how unlikeable the franchise is, how unlikable Josh McDaniels is - and how cheap Robert Kraft is.

Outside of sources say statements that RK and Josh wanted Mac, there is nothing anyone can/will say to "prove" that the product Kraft wanted was a white pocket passer to follow up the previous greatest QB who was just that.

Let's not kid ourselves on what kind of city Boston is, or how the fanbase reacted to Cam going 7-8 vs Mac going 8-9. Again, Mac LOST the QB competition and was still selected as QB. I don't know what you want to call that, but fair isn't it.
__________________
Mods: Yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:39 PM   #288
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
AmuroRay's Avatar
2228
Rep
4,122
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Another point -

Mac Jones has 2 (1 literally this season) game winning drives in 3 years as a player.
Cam Newton has 3 in 1 season with the Patriots. LOL - Mac Jones is TERRIBLE, and the fact that he keeps starting despite being as terrible as he is shows the NFL is not a meritocracy. Malcom Butler was benched in the SB for supposedly being late to practice and for "performance issues"

Mac Jones openly undermined the coaching staff, is a dirty player and is just GARBAGE at his job (not to mention boring) Yet, he's started for 3 years now. If he gets another start here or elsewhere, I don't know what else can be said.
__________________
Mods: Yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:42 PM   #289
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
935
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: SEPA

iTrader: (0)

Mac sucks, Cam wasn't ever great and still is very much washed up (being a future HoFer is laughable), Zappe is not the answer, Bill can't get away with cheating anymore, AFC East has 3 solid teams all add up to the Patriots not being relevant for the foreseeable future. Works for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:51 PM   #290
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Clark_Kent's Avatar
2211
Rep
1,891
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Mac sucks(always).

Cam sucks(now).

Cam thinks he will be in the HOF: https://atozsports.com/carolina/pant...land-patriots/ does anyone else think he will be? Maybe if he had won that superbowl 9 years ago. Only one SB appearance and you lose? Doesn't sound like HOF to me. Only HOF he will be is in the Panthers.

"Robert Kraft wanted a white pocket passer as the face of the franchise" <-- Got anything to back that up or just your opinion? You think the old white jewish man is so racist he can't handle a black QB?

I think it is clear MJ is not the future of the patriots. Or perhaps the future of any NFL team unless he wants to be a back up...even then...
You are correct. Cam Newton likely will not make the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but will be in the Carolina Panthers Ring of Honor, or equivalent. Cam simply didn't do enough work to make the HOF. I think that will become more apparent once Lamar Jackson finishes his career. I only mention Lamar because he's the closest analog to Cam Newton. He's in Year 7 and he's already better than the best version of Cam.
__________________
Retired: 2018 BMW M3 CS, 2018 BMW M3 ZCP, 2016 BMW M3
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      11-15-2023, 10:48 AM   #291
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
3798j's Avatar
11274
Rep
1,784
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Current/Revised Odds to Win the Super Bowl...11-15-23
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 12:34 PM   #292
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13753
Rep
4,665
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Miami is funny that high.
Baltimore too.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 02:54 PM   #293
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3905
Rep
2,524
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Miami is funny that high.
Baltimore too.
they are getting a ton of hype but ultimately, wont do anything with it.

McCarthy is actually looking like a real OC now which is nice. He adjusted away from a run first, ball control type offense to a "fuck it, CD down there somewhere" type of offense and theyve been playing lights out. Wish it had been the gameplan since week 1.

Also refreshing to see an OC that adjust midway through the season based on how the team is playing. we havent had that in a long time.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 06:46 PM   #294
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13753
Rep
4,665
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
they are getting a ton of hype but ultimately, wont do anything with it.

McCarthy is actually looking like a real OC now which is nice. He adjusted away from a run first, ball control type offense to a "fuck it, CD down there somewhere" type of offense and theyve been playing lights out. Wish it had been the gameplan since week 1.

Also refreshing to see an OC that adjust midway through the season based on how the team is playing. we havent had that in a long time.
I am so pleased with the offensive play calling, Dak's movement and passing, C
Lamb, Cooks. The only weak link is Gallop. SMFH
And we can use more beef on the Line.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 08:47 AM   #295
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
935
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: SEPA

iTrader: (0)

The playoffs are going to be interesting. If I'm being honest, I could see SFO, PHI, DFW, DET or to a much lesser extent SEA come out of the NFC. The bye and homefield will be pretty important, but of the top four I think the healthiest team will be the superbowl representative.

In the AFC, besides KC and BAL, I'm not sure who will even be in the mix. JAX has the talent to catch lightening in a bottle. I can't see MIA playing their style on the road in January. BUF looks broken, and CIN has too much of a hole to dig out of even if Burrow comes back. The crazy outlier will be if NYJ can keep their head above water and qualify then Aaron comes back. Their defense is superbowl quality. The +17000 odds for them look like the best bet.

If I was putting my own $$$ down, it would be SFO over KC.
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50
      11-19-2023, 06:28 PM   #296
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
6799
Rep
3,677
Posts

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL/Shelbyville, IN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The Commodores are an embarrassment for losing to the pathetic Giants, especially to an undrafted 3rd stringer. Any fan of that team should hide under a rock for eternity.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
Also our E90 330 and 325 will soon have some sort of boost. So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615025.00
      11-19-2023, 11:09 PM   #297
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13753
Rep
4,665
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

I was very impressed with Russell Wilson and Denver defense in this Sunday night game against Vikings.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 08:45 AM   #298
JMcLellan
Major
JMcLellan's Avatar
United_States
1993
Rep
1,137
Posts

Drives: 2024 M2
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I was very impressed with Russell Wilson and Denver defense in this Sunday night game against Vikings.
On the inverse I was not impressed with the Vikings turning over the ball 3 times and getting burned on that last minute Courtland Sutton touchdown. It was a painful game and especially with the Vikes history against Russell Wilson and Sean Payton. Hopefully that is the last game the Vikes ever have against those guys.
__________________
2024 M2
2019 M240i- Sold
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17934.00
      11-20-2023, 04:58 PM   #299
nawfoo
New Member
8
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: Integra
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Hockensen did drop two key passes
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 07:43 AM   #300
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
935
Rep
293
Posts

Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: SEPA

iTrader: (0)

9-1?!!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 08:44 AM   #301
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
4995
Rep
4,139
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (1)

boths eagles and chiefs are not playing to their potential this year and both looked sloppy even for a wet game. eagles have a better team, but KC has a way better quarterback and defense. if marques catches that ball that hit him in his hands then its a different story.

the OC on the eagles needs to go NOW, if he is kept this season THEY will lose or not even make the super bowl, the abandoning of the run, the constant removal of Swift, and refusal to run plays under center will be the demise of this team. shit is too cute and will lose. chip kelly 2.0
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 12:44 PM   #302
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13753
Rep
4,665
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
boths eagles and chiefs are not playing to their potential this year and both looked sloppy even for a wet game. eagles have a better team, but KC has a way better quarterback and defense. if marques catches that ball that hit him in his hands then its a different story.

the OC on the eagles needs to go NOW, if he is kept this season THEY will lose or not even make the super bowl, the abandoning of the run, the constant removal of Swift, and refusal to run plays under center will be the demise of this team. shit is too cute and will lose. chip kelly 2.0
Gotta agree with you.

I can't hate. They have managed to pull out the Ws.
But if you watched the games, the majority of these are by less than one score, or a few points. There tougher stretch begins now. Although, they also somehow benefit from playing the hardest Teams at home.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 01:50 PM   #303
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
4995
Rep
4,139
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Gotta agree with you.

I can't hate. They have managed to pull out the Ws.
But if you watched the games, the majority of these are by less than one score, or a few points. There tougher stretch begins now. Although, they also somehow benefit from playing the hardest Teams at home.
for sure. honestly no real front runner this year. phi and KC have the best talent and will likely be a rematch on last year.

but honestly from a hardcore birds fan, we really need to committ to the run and learn from a similar offense run when andy reid had owens and westbrook. The 4th and 1 push is extremely gimmicky and a crutch and when push comes to shove and god forbid someone goes down, they will be caught with their pants down as they REFUSE to experiment any other short yardage plays. Hard for me to watch NFL in general, the lack of running and constant gun formation....no full backs has really made the game one dimensional
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 05:41 PM   #304
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Clark_Kent's Avatar
2211
Rep
1,891
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
for sure. honestly no real front runner this year. phi and KC have the best talent and will likely be a rematch on last year.

but honestly from a hardcore birds fan, we really need to committ to the run and learn from a similar offense run when andy reid had owens and westbrook. The 4th and 1 push is extremely gimmicky and a crutch and when push comes to shove and god forbid someone goes down, they will be caught with their pants down as they REFUSE to experiment any other short yardage plays. Hard for me to watch NFL in general, the lack of running and constant gun formation....no full backs has really made the game one dimensional
The short yardage push is indeed gimmicky; however, it has proven to be unstoppable. I can see the NFL Competition Committee enacting a rule to outlaw the play. As of Week 11, none of the teams in the NFC can see PHI. That could change, but for now, the NFC is their's to lose.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 08:41 PM   #305
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
3782
Rep
7,151
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
The short yardage push is indeed gimmicky; however, it has proven to be unstoppable. I can see the NFL Competition Committee enacting a rule to outlaw the play.
It is 'semi unstoppable' if you go all in to stop the rush and ignore the pass. Plenty of times it has not worked. Plenty of times it leaves someone wide open if you fake it for a pass or run it etc.

It gets you 1 or 2 yards best per down best case? Not a winning strategy. Unless you need 1 yard. Then it is a gamble for the defense.

I don't see how you remove it from the game.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 09:52 PM   #306
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Clark_Kent's Avatar
2211
Rep
1,891
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
It is 'semi unstoppable' if you go all in to stop the rush and ignore the pass. Plenty of times it has not worked. Plenty of times it leaves someone wide open if you fake it for a pass or run it etc.

It gets you 1 or 2 yards best per down best case? Not a winning strategy. Unless you need 1 yard. Then it is a gamble for the defense.

I don't see how you remove it from the game.
That's exactly what I'm referring to: short yardage and nothing else. The Eagles aren't running it on 1st and 10 or 3rd and 7. In short yard situations, which is largely, if not exclusively when it's used, it's virtually unstoppable and it's not even debatable. Teams know it's coming and cannot neutralize it. If it's less than 2 yards to go, the success rate on that play is >93% over the last two years.

It can be removed from the game very easily. Let one guy get hurt and that's all the NFL needs to ban it. Safety first, right? Not really, but that's how they'd frame it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 08:04 PM   #307
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
GERMAN M3's Avatar
Germany
4181
Rep
1,770
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (0)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Great performance by Dak and the rest of the Cowboys in their 45 to 10 win over the Commanders! To finish things off, DaRon Bland had his record breaking 5th pick-six of the season! Dude is the real deal.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      11-24-2023, 02:24 PM   #308
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13753
Rep
4,665
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERMAN M3 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Great performance by Dak and the rest of the Cowboys in their 45 to 10 win over the Commanders! To finish things off, DaRon Bland had his record breaking 5th pick-six of the season! Dude is the real deal.
YES INDEED!!!!!
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST