BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #23
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
You mean like when some lame cocksucker named Blake MAGICALLY came on to this forum and posted a totally inane comparison. Yes, it is MAGICAL, isn't it?
who the fuck are you again? and why the fuck are you here? gtfo, newfag.

do mods no longer ban habitual trolls?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

So how is what Scientology believes any stranger than say, talking snakes (Christians) or magical underwear (Mormons)?

Oh yeah, it's not.

Hopefully we'll outgrow religion before some fanatic pushes the nuclear button.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #26
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Hopefully we'll outgrow religion before some fanatic pushes the nuclear button.
that won't happen until people learn how to quit being fearful of one another because of ideology.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
I think Blake makes a very good point.

You on the other hand may want to practice 'turning the other cheek."
DO they really do that? God!... I gotta find myself some christians to fuck with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
It is a shame that natural selection has failed to weed out those dumb enough to actually believe this crap.
I'm sorry autoshocker... but you need to get your facts straight. You see, natural selection actually rely on the inferior for some reason or another (unable to survive, unable to attract a mate.... or just plain ass ugly) not being to reproduce. And judging by the way markoni speaks, h the probability that he would get laid is less than zero (yes I know that violates any statistics, but it is indeed justified in this case). So, natural selection does work. He'll surely die off after his generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Damn....I guess we know what you do on Sundays.

Figure out where the dinosaurs fit into the whole thing and maybe we'll consider your point of view valid. Until then, STFU.
I think that they do have a BS explanation for that. I mean, it sure is easy to make claims wothout proof isn't it.

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #28
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
LOL @ you gals. I'm sure you're all very bright and have figured out all of life's mysteries, which is why you're spending your limited days on an internet forum giving each other high-5's over which choice of wheel/tire combo you went with. If only MY life could be so deep and fulfilling. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to promote the stereotype of the vain, materialistic, totally shallow & braindead BMW driver. Good job, ladies.
wat
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #29
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, because the cause of all conflict isn't money & power, it's religion.
Religion has been a HUGE contributor to conflict. And nothing makes it easier to kill your fellow man than religion.

Silly theists, myths are for kids.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #30
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
... said the guy who put cholo rims on his German luxury coupe.
Hmm, ad hominem attacks usually indicate an inability to respond with anything substantive.

I'll take the win. Thanks! :P
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #31
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

markoni, i bet you feel pretty good about yourself, dont you? youre probably one of those cunts who thinks theyre right about everything in every argument. i seriously hope you fucking die in a fire.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #32
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

ha^
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #33
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
markoni, i bet you feel pretty good about yourself, dont you? youre probably one of those cunts who thinks theyre right about everything in every argument. i seriously hope you fucking die in a fire.
Give him a minute, my last post has him Googling "ad hominem". lol
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #34
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
+1

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL. There's always the one loser who busts out terms he learned in high school debate and thinks he's the shit for it. I know what ad hominem is better than you do. I'm not impressed.
Apparently not, given that you immediately jumped to it.

Quote:
Your claim is that religions cause all wars.
That was not my claim, get it right.

Quote:
My claim is that man's natural desire for wealth and power is what causes wars. Religions are just a tool, not the cause. Ever heard of COMMUNIST Russia? What did those 8+ million people in the Soviet genocide die from? Islam? Christianity? Oh, right, they died at the hands of the anti-religion, communism. Stop with your foolish generalizations. You're just another ignorant fool who gets a little bone thrown his way in life and all of a sudden thinks he's Professor Knowzshit.
It can be argued that the state actually replaced religion in these regimes. Please research North Korea and it's "Dear Leader". While it was not a traditional religion, communism was very much religious in nature and dogma.

Really, it takes more than a paragraph to explain and you're hardly worth it.

Quote:
... And your wheels still belong on a '96 Impala. What can I expect. KC never was known for its style... nor for it's intellectual class.
I like you Markoni, you're funny in a sexually-repressed kind of way.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #36
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Quote:
Oh, so now communism is "religion"? Well then, one could say that people like you make themselves (self-obsession, self-centeredness, ego) their religion. Man can't escape religion. Man always believes in a god, whether it be the God of the Bible, the State, Money, or simply their own ego.

BTW, you ain't funny, so quit trying. Your quips are lame.
and you are a troll. why are you here anywho?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #37
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, so now communism is "religion"? Well then, one could say that people like you make themselves (self-obsession, self-centeredness, ego) their religion. Man can't escape religion. Man always believes in a god, whether it be the God of the Bible, the State, Money, or simply their own ego.
Well then we may be well and truly fucked if that's the case. But then it's a good thing the words of an obviously uneducated internet troll aren't taken seriously by anyone reading them, isn't it?

Quote:
BTW, you ain't funny, so quit trying. Your quips are lame.

I love you too Marconi.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #38
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

It'll be funny when we all die, we realize the real god is Buddha...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #39
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
It'll be funny when we all die, we realize the real god is Buddha...
or hanukkah harry
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #40
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I'm cockasian.

Born and raised in FL.

Believed in Christianity as a child, but now I'm agnostic.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #41
bluespeed117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Garage List
2007 e90 328i  [0.00]
arguing on the internet is fun!
      03-03-2009, 04:54 AM   #42
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
LOL @ you gals. I'm sure you're all very bright and have figured out all of life's mysteries, which is why you're spending your limited days on an internet forum giving each other high-5's over which choice of wheel/tire combo you went with. If only MY life could be so deep and fulfilling. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to promote the stereotype of the vain, materialistic, totally shallow & braindead BMW driver. Good job, ladies.
dude u almost have as many posts as I do.. and I lurk these forums every day
doesn't that make you as "lifeless" as us?

ur no better than the rest of us... hollier than thou attitude gets u sent to hell buddy
      03-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #43
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
ha^
Well said man, a bit difficult to understand, but I agree 100%.

And on the 7th day man created god...

I'm from a Catholic family, and my wife as well but I found out it's better to have faith in yourself. Sorry.

@Markoni: I'm born and raised in the Netherlands, that very small Westeuropean country, where we debate and argue about ANYTHING you can imagine(ie 18" or 19"alloys) , with 183(or was it 187?) different nationalities/cultures getting along together sometimes not very well, because of....religion and those idiots from the damned left wing government here...but why are you attacking Blake, he wasn't attacking YOU in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #44
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Blake, are you German, Jewish, or neither? What nationality are you exactly. I'm just curious. Same goes for the rest of you. Where are you from? Just curious.
hey broski, i'm from the human race. is you had any sense or intellect up there in your hollow skull, you'd probably affirm the same thing. why do you care what race, creed, country, etc. i'm from? (or anyone for that matter) does it really fucking matter in the end? i assume you're a christian, because you are sure defending your belief set like one. you need to dust off that old text of yours and read up, you've seem to lost track of the basic principles that book teaches. pay EXTRA close attention to the parts where it preaches patience, acceptance, and tolerance of others and everything...you're severely lacking in that department broski.

but since you asked, i was raised in a southern baptist family. we went to church and i got to see the inner workings of something that would be considered a cult if it were established in today's modern times. but then again, all these things are ancient dating back to the dark ages. (well, not protestantism, perhaps, but religion in general.)

Quote:
I've made it pretty clear why. He DID attack people's faith.

Atheism is a religion. Whether you want to accept it or not, you are religious. Everyone is. You don't KNOW that there is no God, you BELIEVE it. It's your faith.

I find it hypocritical that someone like Blake can trash other people's faith yet he can't take it when someone bashes his.
i have no problem with your antiquated views on society or your mythical sky pixie, to each their own. i have close friends from just about every creed imaginable, i get along with them just fine and it doesn't bother me that they have faith in some flavor of diety. i see them as humans...not christians, muslims, buddhists, jews, etc. in my mind, they all have an equal shot at attaining happiness as i do, and that has NOTHING to do with their belief set. your problem is that you only know one way and everyone else's way is wrong. and then, like any good christian, you attack the person that doesn't walk your way. attaway to stay awake during church, broski.

MY faith lies within myself and the people that i choose to surround me, and a heapin' helpin' of science. i don't need some old text to tell me how to live life properly. thankfully, i was given the gift of common sense! i know it's not right to fuck my neighbor's wife, steal, kill, etc. do you naturally have that ability on your own? sometimes i wonder...

MY belief about religion is that religion was established as a way to control the minds of ancient time serfs. remember in that history class, which you were probably sleeping through also, how in ye olde tyme, the clergy were the highest authority and were able to do evil things to common "stupid" people? and all kings were sent down by sky pixie himself to rule the lands in "just" ways? in the name of god, of course. through the fear that most religions preach, they are able to scare the piss out of the average joe into believing that if he/she were to break a simple rule, they would be doomed to eternal damnation, hell, fire, brimstone, etc. if that were the case, then we'd all be fucked.

you show me i'm wrong about ANYTHING pertaining to religion, i'll believe it. but you can't. you can't even show me that YOU'RE RIGHT about anything, because you have nothing tangible to show me! (besides the virgin mary on a grilled cheese) and before you retort with the "having faith" argument, that's just great...have faith in something. i'm glad you do. we all have faith in something. but believe it or not, the majority of the rest of humankind doesn't have faith in your asinine BS.

so repent ye sinner, your day is coming, broski. i'll be sitting somewhere on a warm beach drinking a pina colada, listening to jimmy buffett, laughing at you.

Last edited by Blake; 03-03-2009 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0