BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
slenser
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

I can't be the first to replace the thermostat to head hose!

I've been searching and searching for a way to make it just a little bit easier to replace this stupid hose and I can't find anything on the e60 535i! I know it's so different from car to car that I can't reliably count on other how-to's to complete it.

I'm at a loss how this gets done without completely tearing out the thermostat and water pump. I just wanted to do the damn oil filter housing gasket and it's turned into a pure nightmare of broken hoses, scrapes, cuts, leaks and money going out faster than I can handle.

I'm stuck with the hose half way down to the thermostat and not sure what to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
slenser
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

I traded it in for a Prius!

NOT! I got it on there with some help from my neighbor. Wasn't easy, but it looks like it's on there and it doesn't seem to be leaking. Talk about being nervous starting it back up!

There seriously has got to be an easier way to get this done, though!
Appreciate 0