BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #89
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: caprice wagon

i have stacks of free chicken biscuits from chik fil a.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #90
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
i is sad.

m car ftw.
sweet, which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
depending on how much i want to spend at the time either lm or lm reps in that diamond black or whatever they call it color
Nice, that should look good.

This is how my e90 sits atm.

Quote:
time to try chick filla ?
nope too far, had a bento box! chick fil a will be later.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #91
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
sweet, which one?
e90 m3.

not sure how you roll on hankooks. they are truly the worst tires ever.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #92
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
e90 m3.

not sure how you roll on hankooks. they are truly the worst tires ever.
awesome, must sound lovely.

that used to be true, they have really stepped up their game though. between V12's and RS3's they are probably the best bang for the buck tire around. I use RS3's on my track car and track wheels for the e90 and havent encountered any issues. they take a bit of time to get temp into but once theyre up to par they stick like crazy for a street compound.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #93
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep

Quote:
awesome, must sound lovely.

that used to be true, they have really stepped up their game though. between V12's and RS3's they are probably the best bang for the buck tire around. I use RS3's on my track car and track wheels for the e90 and havent encountered any issues. they take a bit of time to get temp into but once theyre up to par they stick like crazy for a street compound.
sounds even better with an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #94
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
i have stacks of free chicken biscuits from chik fil a.
throw some here!

Quote:
sweet, which one?

Nice, that should look good.

This is how my e90 sits atm.

nope too far, had a bento box! chick fil a will be later.
car looks good man, those wheels compliment the car real well actually
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #95
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep

alright im throwin in the towel and calling it a day. have some personal issues that need handling.

see you all in the AM!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #96
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

What's good everyone, figured I would join in since i'm in the same situation.

e90 looks great! Stance and everything is sick. Were you thinking of changing anything?

What's wrong with hankook's? For every day use, they seem to be a good choice based on price and performance.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #97
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post

e90 looks great! Stance and everything is sick. Were you thinking of changing anything?

What's wrong with hankook's? For every day use, they seem to be a good choice based on price and performance.
if you think the v12's are a performance tire, you haven't had much experience with performance tires. just saying......

for the street, great. but if you are looking for that performance edge, i don't think most users see it with the v12.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #98
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
throw some here!

car looks good man, those wheels compliment the car real well actually
Thank you, needs a drop though and lci rear and mtech front and more power and well a lot of stuff

Quote:
alright im throwin in the towel and calling it a day. have some personal issues that need handling.

see you all in the AM!
Good luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #99
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

I actual have no performance experience so good call on that. Just wanted some insight.

Just looking for something on the street. The guy that I just bought my car from put a new set of V12's on the rear. Need to purchase a set for the front. I don't know if I would want to go through the hastle of selling the rear's in order to purchase a whole new set.

I used to have a set of Falken FK-452's that I really enjoyed. The V12's seem to be on the same level as those though.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #100
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:
if you think the v12's are a performance tire, you haven't had much experience with performance tires. just saying......

for the street, great. but if you are looking for that performance edge, i don't think most users see it with the v12.
I dont think he called it a "performance" tire, I believe his point is similar to mine its a great "bang for the buck" tire, for what you are paying its a great tire, its not gonna match up to Michelin pss's but its also not ~$500 a tire.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #101
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep

Quote:
I actual have no performance experience so good call on that. Just wanted some insight.

Just looking for something on the street. The guy that I just bought my car from put a new set of V12's on the rear. Need to purchase a set for the front. I don't know if I would want to go through the hastle of selling the rear's in order to purchase a whole new set.
im not one for mixing tires, so may as well throw v12 on the front.. especially if you dont want to sell the rears.

IMO, the best performance tires for the dollar are nittos.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #102
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

I dont think he called it a "performance" tire, I believe his point is similar to mine its a great "bang for the buck" tire, for what you are paying its a great tire, its not gonna match up to Michelin pss's but its also not ~$500 a tire.
That's exactly what I was saying!!! Bang for the buck type of tire.

I'll def check out the Nitto's. If I can sell the v12's for a solid price then I might think of purchasing a whole set of something a little better but to be honest, I think my money is better well spent towards other things. I guess we will ahve to see when the time comes around.

Thanks for the advice. Now i'm searching tire's for the rest of my day at work hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #103
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's exactly what I was saying!!! Bang for the buck type of tire.

I'll def check out the Nitto's. If I can sell the v12's for a solid price then I might think of purchasing a whole set of something a little better but to be honest, I think my money is better well spent towards other things. I guess we will ahve to see when the time comes around.

Thanks for the advice. Now i'm searching tire's for the rest of my day at work hahaha.
be cheap and just get two v12's for the front as well. dont roll on different brands thats just bad for street driving the v12's (imo) are really good. Unless youre gonna be running qualifiers all day they should last and provide all the street performance you need. and theyre cheap I like cheap because I go through tires very very very very very very fast, especially on my track car. (also why i good with hankook) ive tried other brands rcomps and I just cant afford to buy a new set of $2k tires every two or three months.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #104
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
be cheap and just get two v12's for the front as well. dont roll on different brands thats just bad for street driving the v12's (imo) are really good. Unless youre gonna be running qualifiers all day they should last and provide all the street performance you need. and theyre cheap I like cheap because I go through tires very very very very very very fast, especially on my track car. (also why i good with hankook) ive tried other brands rcomps and I just cant afford to buy a new set of $2k tires every two or three months.
Haha, sounds good. I always find myself looking for just a little nicer and a little better. I thought I could avoid the mod bug but as time goes on, there's no use. New wheels, need new tires, needs a better stance, needs a better exhaust, maybe i should get a tune. bla blah blah. It just NEVER ends.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #105
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha, sounds good. I always find myself looking for just a little nicer and a little better. I thought I could avoid the mod bug but as time goes on, there's no use. New wheels, need new tires, needs a better stance, needs a better exhaust, maybe i should get a tune. bla blah blah. It just NEVER ends.
yup, I know how that goes. I started off with a tune...3 months later I was fbo now im just wanting more power OR im gonna ride it out for a year or two, and move up to big boy toys. GTR
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #106
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:

see you all in the AM!
good luck man

Quote:

welcomeee

Quote:
Thank you, needs a drop though and lci rear and mtech front and more power and well a lot of stuff

Good luck to you!

lol yeah damn mod bug... a drop would definitely be the first thing on my list if i were you though , my coilovers are at my bro's apt in la, gotta find time to go pick em up! can't wait
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #107
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm getting a set of VMR V710's to put my summer tires on. Previous owner scuffed up the stock wheels so putting winter tires on there.

I would love to put either EPK or coilovers on the car but with the G37, you get some serious pos/neg camber when changing the stance. So once you change the ride height, that involves front and rear camber kits and your now looking at $3k if your buying coilovers or even over $1k for just springs. Still deciding what to do.

Since i'm buying 19" V710's I'm hoping the ride height remains descent and I don't have to worry about it looking like a 4x4. Otherwise looks like i'm saving up for springs.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #108
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

what coilovers did you go with? at this point, idk if I want to drop that kind of money on this car anymore. Like I mentioned earlier im getting kind of bored of it, so i could drop it into my track car or just do nothing for a year or two and get me a gtr.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #109
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm getting a set of VMR V710's to put my summer tires on. Previous owner scuffed up the stock wheels so putting winter tires on there.

I would love to put either EPK or coilovers on the car but with the G37, you get some serious pos/neg camber when changing the stance. So once you change the ride height, that involves front and rear camber kits and your now looking at $3k if your buying coilovers or even over $1k for just springs. Still deciding what to do.

Since i'm buying 19" V710's I'm hoping the ride height remains descent and I don't have to worry about it looking like a 4x4. Otherwise looks like i'm saving up for springs.
im not too familiar with the g37, but couldnt you just add some camber plates and call it a day?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #110
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what coilovers did you go with? at this point, idk if I want to drop that kind of money on this car anymore. Like I mentioned earlier im getting kind of bored of it, so i could drop it into my track car or just do nothing for a year or two and get me a gtr.
Save up for the GTR 100%. 2014 GTR is supposed to have some serious improvements on it. 2014 Corvette is going to be awesome also. 2014 BMW (every new model they are coming out with) should be pretty sweet also. 2014 is a big year so I think 1 more year without touching the car isn't a big deal.

I honestly think its the people running very aggresive setup's on 20" wheels that have the camber problems and when they do, they need the plates and adjustable camber arms. I'm sticking with the 19" size and probably won't have much of a problem. I'm just worried about falling into a money pit because I want this car to be comfortable enough for full year driving (getting me through NY winters) and get me through the next couple years. Then i'll get something that I can dedicate as a "fun weekend" car and then have a commuter that gets 40+ mpg lol.

Last edited by pgviper; 11-28-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0