BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-02-2023, 02:41 PM   #639
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The pods are 20% less work and three times the price. Insanity, i'll never understand it.
Compare to what though? 20% less work only compared to what I described, no way, it's just 5% of the work for pretty much the same result. ...and Nespresso's patent expired years ago, there are many selections nowadays. Anyway, I'm not into espresso to save $, but for the taste and best/efficient way to make it.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #640
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

tranquility How do you feel about 8 string guitars? Don't tell Uli...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 02:44 PM   #641
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
tranquility How do you feel about 8 string guitars? Don't tell Uli...
LOL, dude, stop it!

The way I see it, they better be better than EVH to touch anything more than 6 strings haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 02:49 PM   #642
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
LOL, dude, stop it!

The way I see it, they better be better than EVH to touch anything more than 6 strings haha.
There isn't one in my closet, and there never will be! I can barely play 6!

Back to the topic at hand, Uli is at least on par with EVH... To my knowledge, Eddie never played an 8 string.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #643
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
There isn't one in my closet, and there never will be! I can barely play 6!

Back to the topic at hand, Uli is at least on par with EVH... To my knowledge, Eddie never played an 8 string.
Ditto re 1st para!

Really, I never heard of the guy but if you say so. I only skimmed the video but he barely touches the extra strings and ofc it's too wide to do any meaningful chords. I dunno, man, I still believe it's a gimmick, our human hands are not big enough to handle so many strings.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 02:54 PM   #644
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Compare to what though? 20% less work only compared to what I described, no way, it's just 5% of the work for pretty much the same result. ...and Nespresso's patent expired years ago, there are many selections nowadays. Anyway, I'm not into espresso to save $, but for the taste and best/efficient way to make it.
I make two coffees a day (one each), both doubles. That's going to add up REAL fast.

All I do is press a button, it grinds the beans, i then tamp and press another button to make coffee. It's REALLY not much more work than using a pod. You're also not drinking melted plastic.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:00 PM   #645
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I make two coffees a day (one each), both doubles. That's going to add up REAL fast.

All I do is press a button, it grinds the beans, i then tamp and press another button to make coffee. It's REALLY not much more work than using a pod. You're also not drinking melted plastic.
Ok, but like I said, I was referring to ppl going all-in and doing it the very traditional way; you have one of those fancier all-in-1 gizmos, so, sure, definitely more efficient than that and almost as fast as my Nespresso. Still, maybe you can invite me over next time and we can do a taste test

Nepresso uses aluminum but, sure, others use plastic: I don't think it matters much if one buys the better brands (e.g. Nespresso or some Italian ones) - they're very comparable to specialty coffee shops and other fancy home machines.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:02 PM   #646
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ditto re 1st para!

Really, I never heard of the guy but if you say so. I only skimmed the video but he barely touches the extra strings and ofc it's too wide to do any meaningful chords. I dunno, man, I still believe it's a gimmick, our human hands are not big enough to handle so many strings.
FWIW, I agree with what you are saying for 99.99999% of us. He was the first guitar player for the Scorpions, played with them until I think '78. Pretty sure "Tokyo Tapes" were his last bit with them. Also been a part of G3 with Joe Satriani and Michael Schenker, among other things and solo stuff.. Dude is absolutely no slouch, and can hang with anybody I've ever heard. If you like a really heavy, melodic sound, you will most likely dig his stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:07 PM   #647
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, I agree with what you are saying for 99.99999% of us. He was the first guitar player for the Scorpions, played with them until I think '78. Pretty sure "Tokyo Tapes" were his last bit with them. Also been a part of G3 with Joe Satriani and Michael Schenker, among other things and solo stuff.. Dude is absolutely no slouch, and can hang with anybody I've ever heard. If you like a really heavy, melodic sound, you will most likely dig his stuff.
I'm not doubting his prowess, I simple dunno who he is... All I'm saying is that he would probably be more skilled/efficient if he stuck to a 6 string instead of wasting time fiddled around w that gadget.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:12 PM   #648
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm not doubting his prowess, I simple dunno who he is... All I'm saying is that he would probably be more skilled/efficient if he stuck to a 6 string instead of wasting time fiddled around w that gadget.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:19 PM   #649
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:

I got this for Christmas and haven't been to Starbucks, or any coffee shop for that matter, since.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-us/dinam.../p/ECAM35075SI

Nearly as easy as working a K-Cup machine and so damn good with some Monin Syrups and the milk frother, if that's your thing.

I really didn't to expect to like it as much as I did. With that said, I still have a Moka Pot for the dark, oily beans (the grinder in the Delonghi above doesn't like oily beans) and it is a nice change of pace.

Last edited by T0RM3NT; 02-02-2023 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Changed url link to correct machine.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 05:01 PM   #650
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That does it, I'm gonna invent my very own 10 string axe, that'll show Uli and all those other pretenders!!!!!
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8782.00
      02-02-2023, 05:07 PM   #651
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That does it, I'm gonna invent my very own 10 string axe, that'll show Uli and all those other pretenders!!!!!
I love it!! Send vids!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 05:13 PM   #652
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I love it!! Send vids!
Don't hold your breath, unless The Almighty suddenly grants me the skills of Nuno and my fret hand grows by 50%.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8782.00
      02-03-2023, 07:31 AM   #653
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

HAHAHAH lol so true,

So many people tell me, "you, you.. you drive your BMW in winter" ?
Used to say the same thing about my Porsche back home (both convertibles)

Yes like I have enough money to have 2 luxury high end cars plus the space to store it, and the insurance for them.
<edited my comment as I was trying to be sarcastic )

Some people are so retarded it beggers belief.

BUT... BUT I do see the argument, not that you can't but should you, more likly to get into an accident in ice and snow than in summer
If your driving a winter beater, your not going to wipe out your pride and joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
We are at the point in history where people believe that they NEED a separate car for winter.

This will shock you, but you can actually drive a car in the winter… nearly any car you buy can be driven year long!

shock, gasp!

Last edited by nazali; 02-03-2023 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      02-03-2023, 10:11 AM   #654
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
We are at the point in history where people believe that they NEED a separate car for winter.

This will shock you, but you can actually drive a car in the winter… nearly any car you buy can be driven year long!

shock, gasp!
I know you can, I choose not to. I said in a perfect world I would have the M6 or M8. I don't want to drive something so low to the ground around in the snow and ice. I've been driving for over 40 years so I've driven cars in winter for many years. Tranquility admitted he got stuck 4 times this year like a beached whale because he is so low to the ground. I don't want to get stuck. So you do you. I'm perfectly happy with my X6MC.

Carry on.
Esteban43337.50
Dino GT35131.50
wtwo317945.00
hubbahubba8782.00
      02-03-2023, 10:15 AM   #655
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

shock, gasp!
my dude... i had a 135i that I drove in the winter... even got a set of winter wheels for it... thru mild snow and winters... its not something i would ever do again... if i had my x3 m40i back then and i threw on the same tires, I would feel I am in an a1 abrams tank
Dino GT35131.50
nazali1298.00
      02-03-2023, 11:45 AM   #656
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

It’s ok to drive and enjoy your car. You don’t need to constantly worry about the miles you’re putting on it and the re sale value.
Appreciate 2
Kilabyte3946.50
      02-03-2023, 01:07 PM   #657
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I know you can, I choose not to. I said in a perfect world I would have the M6 or M8. I don't want to drive something so low to the ground around in the snow and ice. I've been driving for over 40 years so I've driven cars in winter for many years. Tranquility admitted he got stuck 4 times this year like a beached whale because he is so low to the ground. I don't want to get stuck. So you do you. I'm perfectly happy with my X6MC.

Carry on.
Both sides are 'right'. I do wish to emphasize that this year has been an anomaly though, I've been driving this car for 13 years so far and never (ok, rarely as in 0 or 1 time each winter) get stuck, and if I get stuck, it's usually because I made a bone-headed decision to try to overcome some snow bank thinking I'm in a Bronco instead of my car hahaa. This year has been weird, not too much snow, but a combo of the road not being plowed that well and 'sinking snow' got me stuck many times. As long as the road is plowed and I keep this in mind, I'm fine w driving my car.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 01:10 PM   #658
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
It’s ok to drive and enjoy your car. You don’t need to constantly worry about the miles you’re putting on it and the re sale value.
Depends on the car. I ain't driving no 997 through salt infested roads.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15689.50
Dino GT35131.50
      02-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #659
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Depends on the car. I ain't driving no 997 through salt infested roads.
This for sure. It's my only car though.

At least German steel is great, no real issues so far (knock wood....uh, steel....haha).
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 02:48 PM   #660
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I just saw a used G80 w 20K miles... holy shit what a clapper after only 2 years...

Mismatched tires... all M modes set to max and they still want MSRP for it lol. This car lived a hard life...

I can guarantee some cars are not meant to be driven unlimited miles and if they are beaten to death like most M cars... I would veer miles away from them so a lot of the above doesn't ring true. YMMV