BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-31-2023, 09:47 PM   #5545
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Episode 3 of The Last of Us is a good one as others have stated. I'm really digging this show. Fingers crossed it continues to move in a good direction.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT3544.50
stein_325i25051.00
      02-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #5546
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Catching up on Vikings of Valhalla Season 2. Pretty chintzy production but I put up with it because, well, Vikings.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 11:06 PM   #5547
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Alien Worlds on Netflix. How abundant is life in the universe? I still wonder about our water-centric view of life. Water is just so caustic
      02-03-2023, 12:52 AM   #5548
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Just watched the first two eps of "Accused" and man....its really good! Each ep is a different case being tried for various situations. So many twists, definitely worth watching!
Tx, just saw the first episode. Really riveting stuff. I guess that was based strongly on certain ppl irl.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 08:08 AM   #5549
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Godfather of Harlem.
Just started that. Not bad. Not a bad watch at all.
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2208.00
      02-03-2023, 08:51 AM   #5550
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Godfather of Harlem.

Me too, I got through two episodes and my Prime account won't let me watch anymore because I'm in the US and my account is Canadian. I guess I'll have to pick it up when we get home in mid March.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13282.50
Clark_Kent2208.00
      02-03-2023, 08:59 AM   #5551
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

They make a VPN for that.
Appreciate 4
wdb4673.00
Esteban42184.00
Clark_Kent2208.00
TXSTYLE13653.00
      02-03-2023, 04:03 PM   #5552
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Godfather of Harlem.
It's in my rotation. I was waiting impatiently all those months for Season 3!
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13282.50
TXSTYLE13653.00
      02-03-2023, 06:18 PM   #5553
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
They make a VPN for that.
I have VPN and it's not doing it for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 09:53 PM   #5554
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Season 3 premiered this week of one of the best shows on cable television:
Godfather of Harlem
This is such a FANTASTIC show and series! Excellent casting. And two of my favorite and among the best actors on the planet: Giancarlo Esposito and Forest Whitaker! 💯

I tried to tell y'all several threads back about how superb this series truly is. But no one waited to listen...
Appreciate 3
Clark_Kent2208.00
Soul_Glo13282.50
      02-04-2023, 01:09 PM   #5555
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I tried to tell y'all several threads back about how superb this series truly is. But no one waited to listen...
LOL. I've been on this for a minute. But yeah, it's solid for sure.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13653.00
      02-04-2023, 09:26 PM   #5556
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Tx, just saw the first episode. Really riveting stuff. I guess that was based strongly on certain ppl irl.
I have no idea but the situation is highly plausible in today's world that is for sure!

This weeks ep kinda pissed me off....it was good but I didn't like the ending. LoL
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #5557
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Ditto, I think one just has to choose a medium and end it there. Book readers will virtually always be disappointed w the subsequent moving picture and moving picture ppl like me are too lazy to go reading haha. I tried reading once w The DaVinci Code and then saw the movie: WORST experience of my (entertainment) life since I obviously knew what was gonna happen...I don't get why readers bother, guess they are morbidly curious; just awful and one will definitely be disappointed and go nitpicking everywhere, making quips like "the book was WAY better!!!", "they left out/changed/omitted ENTIRE scenes/characters, HOW DARE THEY!!!". Cmon, what did you bookworms expect??? LMAO.
My philosophy minor in college killed my desire to read as an adult.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #5558
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal09 View Post
read "The Stand" novel [Not the garbage 2020 series]) but I don't think they'll really go down that route.
What about the 1994 one? I watched it years ago, spread over 3-4 VHS tapes. But I was like 13-14, so don't remember any of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 12:17 PM   #5559
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Re episode 3 s1 of The Last of Us, SLIGHT SPOILER maybe?

I can't believe that I noticed on YT some ppl were saying that it was 'absolute trash'... really? While I'm not going to the other extreme saying it was the best thing in the last decade, I tried to be objective and it was definitely a very above-avg episode/show, so for those ppl to say that it was 'garbage', I can't help but to feel that they are just ****phobic and did a poor job masking their foaming repulsion. For sure, the setup could've been better, the piano scene was a bit unnatural, but once the viewer accepts this being established, it's really about love and relationships.

Those ppl are ironically outing themselves by being haters, kinda reminds me of the Gillette incident: some ppl still need to be/do better and don't even realize it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 01:27 PM   #5560
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:

I can't believe that I noticed on YT some ppl were saying that it was 'absolute trash'... really? While I'm not going to the other extreme saying it was the best thing in the last decade, I tried to be objective and it was definitely a very above-avg episode/show, so for those ppl to say that it was 'garbage', I can't help but to feel that they are just ****phobic and did a poor job masking their foaming repulsion. For sure, the setup could've been better, the piano scene was a bit unnatural, but once the viewer accepts this being established, it's really about love and relationships.

Those ppl are ironically outing themselves by being haters, kinda reminds me of the Gillette incident: some ppl still need to be/do better and don't even realize it.
It was a great episode all in and I really enjoyed it. My only gripe is that it wasn’t depicted as it was in the game. The game had a much harsher reality. Frank grows to resent Bill and leaves him. Joel later finds Frank who had hung himself after being bitten while trying to escape the town. It’s a much darker story. I get the pivot though, the game story probably wouldn’t make for a good tv episode.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 01:53 PM   #5561
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
I have no idea but the situation is highly plausible in today's world that is for sure!

This weeks ep kinda pissed me off....it was good but I didn't like the ending. LoL
Tx again and to all for telling me about this series, quality tv.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 02:33 PM   #5562
slow_g82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G82CX 23 X3M

Quote:

I can't help but to feel that they are just ****phobic and did a poor job masking their foaming repulsion.
That's what im willing to bet is 90 percent of the negative reviews.

Last night's episode was good, not great by any means.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 02:36 PM   #5563
slow_g82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G82CX 23 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
What about the 1994 one? I watched it years ago, spread over 3-4 VHS tapes. But I was like 13-14, so don't remember any of it.
I was just referring to a novel that really goes into great detail about the fall of society.

The 1994 Stand was definitely solid but just sort of glazed over the chaos of the pre-apocalypse.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 03:45 PM   #5564
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:

I will straight up and say the whole woke TV thing is completely and utterly out of hand. It is getting beyond ridiculous. In their desperation to tick every box i've seen shows WHERE THE CHILD ISN'T THE SAME RACE AS THE PARENTS.

It's all become so predictable and laughable, you NEVER see a hetero couple, it's like they are extinct.

BUT, in Episode 3 they handled it very well and it didn't feel fake or forced.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT3544.50
TTM0TION421.00
      02-06-2023, 05:46 PM   #5565
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:

I believe your post is pretty spoiler free.

I agree with you entirely. This has nothing to do with my "personal beliefs". This is a fictional, scfi, fantasy TV show. Nothing more or less. It just happens to have real life elements. The acting and emotions of this episode are undeniable.

And who even uses the term "woke" anymore?
I find that the ones that do, are easily offended about anything. You know, like "Karen's".
Appreciate 2
slow_g82202.00
      02-06-2023, 08:03 PM   #5566
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I will straight up and say the whole woke TV thing is completely and utterly out of hand. It is getting beyond ridiculous. In their desperation to tick every box i've seen shows WHERE THE CHILD ISN'T THE SAME RACE AS THE PARENTS.

It's all become so predictable and laughable, you NEVER see a hetero couple, it's like they are extinct.

BUT, in Episode 3 they handled it very well and it didn't feel fake or forced.
Ok, I don't have the same vehement reaction as you haha, but, yes, I do agree w what you're saying. If we go by %ages, supposedly heteros are 90% of the population but it seems like they are the minority in media portrayals. I dunno what the agenda is, but they are going about it the wrong way regardless. I just can't help but feel it's yet another ulterior motive thing, why now and why so emphatic? I totally accept others and I accept natural ways of introducing elements and nuances, but to be overbearing is a bit too much. To be fair though, as a counterpoint, maybe it only seems excessive because these *never* used to be portrayed at all. In any event, I don't have such a strong reaction, in the end, I'm not gonna lose any sleep either way.

Quote:
I believe your post is pretty spoiler free.

I agree with you entirely. This has nothing to do with my "personal beliefs". This is a fictional, scfi, fantasy TV show. Nothing more or less. It just happens to have real life elements. The acting and emotions of this episode are undeniable.

And who even uses the term "woke" anymore?
I find that the ones that do, are easily offended about anything. You know, like "Karen's".
Tx, I put a warning just in case.

I think some ppl put way too much emphasis on ppl's sexuality. Yes, it can be distracting for whatever reason/agenda, but if the story holds, I'll still watch it unless they insert scenes like that at the gas station for Zoolander every 5 mins LOL.

Who knows about the 'woke' term, I'm alright w it even though it's meant to be derogatory; some ppl really do need to 'wake up' haha.
Appreciate 0