BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #243
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
I love how all of you douchebags are disrespecting this careless driver .....
      05-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #244
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

You don't deserve it to be totalled. You suck at driving and need to learn a lesson. You will do the same or something similiar with the new car, guranteed.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #245
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
You're right, on the street he's only going 25 above the speed limit and on the highway it's 50.

When we remember laws of physics, you remember that 50 miles per hour into something going 0 miles per hour puts out less force then someone going 100 miles per hour into something 0 miles per hour, or even better a synergistic effect of one vehicle traveling at 100 miles per hour and a 2nd at 70mph in the opposite direction. Well that, and the increased breaking time/stopping time and more dangerous emergency maneuvers. The person at 50mph is less likely to roll then the one going 100mph. The list does go on like 6 lanes of traffic with vehicles at speeds of greater then 55mph...

Then again the force of the seatbelt on the chest of someone at 100mph is more likely to cause a cardiac contusion then one at 50mph, and if a seatbelt is not worn, death is imminent at 100mph.

You're right, big difference; thanks for clearing that up.
OK, I know it's complicated but try to stay with me here. On a highway, you drive in a straight line. The car is easily capable of handling this at any speed and it takes very little skill to do. On a residential street, you need to negotiate 90 degree turns like the one the OP messed up in addition to stop signs. It is incredibly difficult and skill intensive to take a turn like the OP did at 50 if it's possible at all. There is a huge difference which you've conveniently decided to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #246
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I think people forget why speed limits are posted. --> B/c of the level of training American driving students receive...hardly any at all. I know, i was one of them.

Years and years ago it was - fall asleep in a classroom for several hours, wake up and slosh through a sort of "exam" - drive with someone else in the car for a bit...go to MVA - bingo, license in hand.

Go take a few turns way over the limit :thumbsup

c'est la vie, mes amies

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with, related to, or considered to be french.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #247
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
You're right, on the street he's only going 25 above the speed limit and on the highway it's 50.

When we remember laws of physics, you remember that 50 miles per hour into something going 0 miles per hour puts out less force then someone going 100 miles per hour into something 0 miles per hour, or even better a synergistic effect of one vehicle traveling at 100 miles per hour and a 2nd at 70mph in the opposite direction. Well that, and the increased breaking time/stopping time and more dangerous emergency maneuvers. The person at 50mph is less likely to roll then the one going 100mph. The list does go on like 6 lanes of traffic with vehicles at speeds of greater then 55mph...

Then again the force of the seatbelt on the chest of someone at 100mph is more likely to cause a cardiac contusion then one at 50mph, and if a seatbelt is not worn, death is imminent at 100mph.

You're right, big difference; thanks for clearing that up.

What are you this guys mother? Or even worse...his father? You're failing to see the bigger picture loser. What he did could have killed someone. Of course we're gonna rag on him. You take a 90 degree turn in a residential neighborhood at 50 mph when you can't see what's on the other side and then you end up hopping the curb and end up in someone's front yard...

What if there was some kids playing over there or someone walking their dog or ANYTHING. He got lucky and should take it, learn from it, and never do it again.

So stop defending him. Unless you think it's ok...then please continue to show your ignorance.
Appreciate 0