BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-13-2022, 06:39 PM   #177
Ginster6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 with a Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
It just sounds like you meant FORTUNATE that you'll be getting it at MSRP when everyone else will have to pay ADM.

ESL?
Yes ESL problems.......... LOL
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 09:46 PM   #178
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post

Quote:
So an M2C/CS, M3C, M5CS should all be as readily available as the sedan counterparts they're based on?

An M3, M5 etc is also a mass produced car. If you are worried about exclusivity, go get a 250 GTO
I don't care if they make 6500 or 65000

I'm not arguing exclusivity. I'm saying the Corolla badge is irrelevant. Regardless of how many they make it's a special car.
You keep changing your argument.
No one is impressed by a Corolla.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:49 PM   #179
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post

Quote:
Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.

Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Nothing wrong with the car being as fast as a Golf R or an STI or a type R civic, isn't that the yardstick for hot hatches?

0-60 times are a pointless metric, it'll come down to driving dynamics and the "fun" factor plus price paid.

In terms of pricing, would I pay $55k for a GR Corolla? Definitely not. But I also don't think an m2 comp is worth $70k nor a Porsche carrera S at $170k nor a GT3 at $250k.

There's plenty of trash being made by BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, pretty much every brand. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not into 90% of cars in any manufacturers current lineup. I do think as an enthusiast community, we should all be giving props to any manufacturer making a car like a GR Corolla, or a manual M3, or any of the aforementioned sports cars.

If you're not into the aesthetic of the GR Corolla I get it, but it's an actual Japanese built rally inspired hot hatch. If you're upset that a Corolla is commanding a markup solely bc it's badged as a Corolla, then you're most likely a brand snob that's way too insecure.

I'll also say, that we have no idea how this will drive, hopefully it's not all hype. Fingers crossed that reality meets and exceeds expectations.
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:20 AM   #180
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Exactly. It's not that the formula was old and tired and more that Subaru kept using the exact same formula for nearly 20 years. Toyota's take on the formula is purely modern.
Yet it's still the same formula so...
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #181
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Toyota made a Yaris cool. Think about that. Surely they can do okay with a Corolla. The TNGA one isn't bad aside from being underpowered. I suspect this little thing will be great to drive.
Not in the United States they didn't so the Yaris is still boring lol
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:56 AM   #182
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
kyriian872.00
      04-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #183
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Yet it's still the same formula so...
So your point makes no sense because all ICE vehicles today are based on old formulas. Just let it go as you have nothing to offer to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:16 PM   #184
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:
So your point makes no sense because all ICE vehicles today are based on old formulas. Just let it go as you have nothing to offer to this thread.
What exactly did your post add then? Come on
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2022, 08:24 PM   #185
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28793145"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "damnitBobby;28792225"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28771558"
Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.

Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Nothing wrong with the car being as fast as a Golf R or an STI or a type R civic, isn't that the yardstick for hot hatches?

0-60 times are a pointless metric, it'll come down to driving dynamics and the "fun" factor plus price paid.

In terms of pricing, would I pay $55k for a GR Corolla? Definitely not. But I also don't think an m2 comp is worth $70k nor a Porsche carrera S at $170k nor a GT3 at $250k.

There's plenty of trash being made by BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, pretty much every brand. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not into 90% of cars in any manufacturers current lineup. I do think as an enthusiast community, we should all be giving props to any manufacturer making a car like a GR Corolla, or a manual M3, or any of the aforementioned sports cars.

If you're not into the aesthetic of the GR Corolla I get it, but it's an actual Japanese built rally inspired hot hatch. If you're upset that a Corolla is commanding a markup solely bc it's badged as a Corolla, then you're most likely a brand snob that's way too insecure.

I'll also say, that we have no idea how this will drive, hopefully it's not all hype. Fingers crossed that reality meets and exceeds expectations.
I really hope impressing strangers brings you plenty of validation.

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
Appreciate 5
Burrcold5043.00
kyriian872.00
heavyD^23684.00
Biginboca3759.50
      04-19-2022, 09:12 PM   #186
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
He's got a Hellcat...typical. He's probably got a bumper sticker that says "if you ain't first you're last".
Sublime001129.00
      04-19-2022, 10:44 PM   #187
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
The media is playing it up because; A) It's a sporty car that's actually made by Toyota and B) It's a modern take on EVO's and STI's of the past.
Plus this is a practical, sporty, MT car priced near the bottom of available enthusiast offerings. That gets people excited.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 11:33 AM   #188
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
What exactly did your post add then? Come on
Why do you even post here? The vast majority of your posts are just crapping on other vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 09:46 AM   #189
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:

Consider adding a response that was not typed by a 5 year old that didn't get their way. God bless!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 09:04 AM   #190
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Toyota Announces Pricing for the GR Corolla: $36,995 Starting Price

2023 Toyota GR Corolla Pricing Ranges from $36,995 to $50,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car and Driver
  • Toyota has announced pricing for the 2023 GR Corolla hot hatchback.
  • It starts at $36,995 for the base Core model, $43,995 for the Circuit, and $50,995 for the Morizo Edition.
  • The Core will go on sale later this year, while the Circuit and Morizo won't arrive until next year.
Pricing for the highly anticipated 2023 Toyota GR Corolla spans a wide range, from $36,995 for the base Core model up to $50,995 for the track-oriented Morizo special edition. All GR Corollas have the same 300-hp turbocharged inline-three, all-wheel-drive system, and six-speed manual transmission, but there are various performance options available as you move up the price ladder.

It's worth noting that the Core's base price undercuts the AWD hot-hatch competition, which for now consists only of the VW Golf R, starting at $45,385. The previous-generation Honda Civic Type R started at $38,910; a new model is arriving for 2023, also only offering front-wheel drive, and will likely be more expensive still.

Trim Models and Options
The Circuit model splits the difference between the GR Corolla's Core and Morizo trims, at $43,995, and comes standard with front and rear Torsen limited-slip differentials, upgraded brakes, and a host of comfort and convenience equipment including heated seats and a nicer audio system. The Core does offer a few packages to bring it closer to the Circuit: the $1180 Performance package adds the Torsen differentials and larger brakes; the $770 Technology package adds the JBL audio system and wireless smartphone charger; and the $500 Cold Weather package adds heated front seats and a heated steering wheel.

The Morizo Edition is a bigger step up because of its more significant changes that include a rear-seat delete, more aggressive Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and extra 22 pound-feet of torque from the turbo-three for a total of 295 pound-feet. Toyota claims it is 106 pounds lighter and that it is more rigid thanks to extra strut braces. Only 200 units will be available in the U.S.

The GR Corolla Core will be the first model to arrive and is slated to reach dealerships later this year. Those who want the Circuit or Morizo Edition models will have to wait until 2023.
ntg442887.50
      09-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #191
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Interesting. I think I would go for it at 40-45k if I didn't already build up my STI. I think it's priced just high enough that it's still worth the money, but would make dealer markups hard to swallow, but maybe that's the point. Price of Morizo edition is whack, but I'd never be interested in that trim anyway. I can't see many people paying high 40s-50k+ on a non-Morizo. Not on a 300hp hot hatch. But I've been wrong before...
      09-06-2022, 11:29 AM   #192
atek
I like biscuits
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m235i

I'll take the Core with performance pack.
Appreciate 1