BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2022, 06:39 PM   #177
Ginster6
Private First Class
143
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: G80 with a Stick
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
It just sounds like you meant FORTUNATE that you'll be getting it at MSRP when everyone else will have to pay ADM.

ESL?
Yes ESL problems.......... LOL
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 09:46 PM   #178
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
So an M2C/CS, M3C, M5CS should all be as readily available as the sedan counterparts they're based on?

An M3, M5 etc is also a mass produced car. If you are worried about exclusivity, go get a 250 GTO
I don't care if they make 6500 or 65000

I'm not arguing exclusivity. I'm saying the Corolla badge is irrelevant. Regardless of how many they make it's a special car.
You keep changing your argument.
No one is impressed by a Corolla.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:49 PM   #179
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.

Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Nothing wrong with the car being as fast as a Golf R or an STI or a type R civic, isn't that the yardstick for hot hatches?

0-60 times are a pointless metric, it'll come down to driving dynamics and the "fun" factor plus price paid.

In terms of pricing, would I pay $55k for a GR Corolla? Definitely not. But I also don't think an m2 comp is worth $70k nor a Porsche carrera S at $170k nor a GT3 at $250k.

There's plenty of trash being made by BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, pretty much every brand. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not into 90% of cars in any manufacturers current lineup. I do think as an enthusiast community, we should all be giving props to any manufacturer making a car like a GR Corolla, or a manual M3, or any of the aforementioned sports cars.

If you're not into the aesthetic of the GR Corolla I get it, but it's an actual Japanese built rally inspired hot hatch. If you're upset that a Corolla is commanding a markup solely bc it's badged as a Corolla, then you're most likely a brand snob that's way too insecure.

I'll also say, that we have no idea how this will drive, hopefully it's not all hype. Fingers crossed that reality meets and exceeds expectations.
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:20 AM   #180
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Exactly. It's not that the formula was old and tired and more that Subaru kept using the exact same formula for nearly 20 years. Toyota's take on the formula is purely modern.
Yet it's still the same formula so...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #181
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Toyota made a Yaris cool. Think about that. Surely they can do okay with a Corolla. The TNGA one isn't bad aside from being underpowered. I suspect this little thing will be great to drive.
Not in the United States they didn't so the Yaris is still boring lol
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:56 AM   #182
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Canada
3467
Rep
3,019
Posts

Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
__________________
Current: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2022 Audi Q7
Gone: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2020 BMW M340i / 2019 Audi Q7 / 2019 Audi S5 Sportback / 2019 Audi S4 / 2018 Audi S5 Coupe / 2018 Lexus IS350
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #183
heavyD^2
Colonel
heavyD^2's Avatar
Canada
3141
Rep
2,713
Posts

Drives: X3M Competition
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Too close to Santa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Yet it's still the same formula so...
So your point makes no sense because all ICE vehicles today are based on old formulas. Just let it go as you have nothing to offer to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:16 PM   #184
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
So your point makes no sense because all ICE vehicles today are based on old formulas. Just let it go as you have nothing to offer to this thread.
What exactly did your post add then? Come on
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2022, 08:24 PM   #185
Sublime00
Captain
940
Rep
624
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28793145"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "damnitBobby;28792225"


Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sublime00;28771558"
Back to the Corolla, I do think that this is a special car, much more special than a RS3 or STI (no offense) and once the hype dies down a bit, it should be available at MSRP. Yes this will never be a car you can walk down to the local Toyota dealership and pick up on a weekend, and will require you to do a little leg work in order to purchase at a good price. With the car being built in Japan on the same factory and production line (i could be mistaken about the production line) as the LFA, this is a rare modern Japanese built sports car with a lot of the same R&D that makes the GR Yaris special. I can't say too much more, bc reviews aren't out and I haven't driven it, but I do have high hopes for this car. And as mentioned above, I had a pretty easy time getting a deposit on the car at MSRP. Hopefully the car won't suck ass, lol.

Respectfully disagreeing here. I know the media got this car real hyped right now. But let's be honest with ourselves, this car will be no faster than a STI, EvoX, CTR, Golf R or any of those cars that have been on the market for quite some time now. There's nothing groundbreaking in what will be offered here. AWD economy car with souped up little motor

I know it's a Toyota product and it will be reliable. We all know that. But people these days (especially the people on here) don't keep their cars long enough to see it go past 100k miles. Most get bored and trade it in before they probably even reach 40-50k miles. I'm guilty of this myself lately.

I mean it's a cool car and all, and I think it's one of the better looking hot hatches. But the media coverage is really playing up a car that is recycling a very old formula.
Nothing wrong with the car being as fast as a Golf R or an STI or a type R civic, isn't that the yardstick for hot hatches?

0-60 times are a pointless metric, it'll come down to driving dynamics and the "fun" factor plus price paid.

In terms of pricing, would I pay $55k for a GR Corolla? Definitely not. But I also don't think an m2 comp is worth $70k nor a Porsche carrera S at $170k nor a GT3 at $250k.

There's plenty of trash being made by BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, pretty much every brand. I can't speak for everyone but I'm not into 90% of cars in any manufacturers current lineup. I do think as an enthusiast community, we should all be giving props to any manufacturer making a car like a GR Corolla, or a manual M3, or any of the aforementioned sports cars.

If you're not into the aesthetic of the GR Corolla I get it, but it's an actual Japanese built rally inspired hot hatch. If you're upset that a Corolla is commanding a markup solely bc it's badged as a Corolla, then you're most likely a brand snob that's way too insecure.

I'll also say, that we have no idea how this will drive, hopefully it's not all hype. Fingers crossed that reality meets and exceeds expectations.
Nothing wrong with it being as fast as them, no. However it better be priced accordingly and at least here in America 0 to 60 does still matter. That's where most people do their driving. The hype is already out of control on this car. Seems like great engineering with all the horsepower they got out of that tiny motor and all that stuff but other than that let's face it there's nothing really special here. It's going to be a slow daily driver for those that can't afford to step up into something that's an actual performance car that's an actual performance car
I really hope impressing strangers brings you plenty of validation.

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
Appreciate 5
Burrcold3466.50
kyriian387.00
heavyD^23141.00
Biginboca3456.00
      04-19-2022, 09:12 PM   #186
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Canada
3467
Rep
3,019
Posts

Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
I really hope impressing strangers brings you plenty of validation.

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
He's got a Hellcat...typical. He's probably got a bumper sticker that says "if you ain't first you're last".
__________________
Current: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2022 Audi Q7
Gone: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2020 BMW M340i / 2019 Audi Q7 / 2019 Audi S5 Sportback / 2019 Audi S4 / 2018 Audi S5 Coupe / 2018 Lexus IS350
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2022, 10:44 PM   #187
Quadruple VANOS
Second Lieutenant
185
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The media is playing it up because; A) It's a sporty car that's actually made by Toyota and B) It's a modern take on EVO's and STI's of the past.
Plus this is a practical, sporty, MT car priced near the bottom of available enthusiast offerings. That gets people excited.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 11:33 AM   #188
OkieSnuffBox
Captain
853
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: '13 135i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: OKC, OK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
What exactly did your post add then? Come on
Why do you even post here? The vast majority of your posts are just crapping on other vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 09:46 AM   #189
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
United_States
202
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: Hellcat & Turbo Miata
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
I really hope impressing strangers brings you plenty of validation.

Consider laminating and hanging your bank balance around your neck for all to see when you're not doing 0-60 times between traffic lights in your "actual performance car".
Consider adding a response that was not typed by a 5 year old that didn't get their way. God bless!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST