BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #925
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So my morning was Shoulders and some light arm work. I bumped my calories up by 250 since that last post. Mostly in the form of protein and fats...and actually dropped another 1.4lbs in 5 days or so. But strength is staying the same, and I am actually setting some new 1RM on the bigger lifts. Not much....but still adding 5lbs to your max while on a diet is good enough for me.

This weekend is going to be a huge re-feed of Stir-Fry Chicken, Rice and mixed Veggies. We have this great Japanese place here that starts cooking my food when I walk in they know me so well.

When I do this, I order a Large plate and a Small plate. Combine the two and put it away. It's usually my last meal of the day.

I love these re-feeds as the next morning in the gym I get the most intense pumps and feel like I actually look like a bodybuilder for a change!
      07-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #926
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So my morning was Shoulders and some light arm work. I bumped my calories up by 250 since that last post. Mostly in the form of protein and fats...and actually dropped another 1.4lbs in 5 days or so. But strength is staying the same, and I am actually setting some new 1RM on the bigger lifts. Not much....but still adding 5lbs to your max while on a diet is good enough for me.

This weekend is going to be a huge re-feed of Stir-Fry Chicken, Rice and mixed Veggies. We have this great Japanese place here that starts cooking my food when I walk in they know me so well.

When I do this, I order a Large plate and a Small plate. Combine the two and put it away. It's usually my last meal of the day.

I love these re-feeds as the next morning in the gym I get the most intense pumps and feel like I actually look like a bodybuilder for a change!
you're already big! give us a chance to catch up!

on a side note it's hard for me to eat as I get full very easily. how do you do it?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #927
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Keep eating anyway. Get comfortable being uncomfortable
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17943.00
Rmtt8206.00
      07-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #928
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The niece is waxing my back tomorrow. Do I go big on lats or traps tonight?
      07-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #929
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
WTH does waxing your back have to do with your lats/traps workout

oh, make sure you get it like this!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #930
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
WTH does waxing your back have to do with your lats/traps workout

oh, make sure you get it like this!
#whippersnappers

Which aching body part do I prefer she pour hot wax,rip, then rub
      07-19-2019, 06:51 AM   #931
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Back day! Hitting triceps as well, favorite day of the week by far.

Agree with mod, the more you eat the more you'll get use to it. Next thing you know you're always starving and it's annoying as hell haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #932
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you're already big! give us a chance to catch up!

on a side note it's hard for me to eat as I get full very easily. how do you do it?
Just as 1MOREMOD mentioned. Years of eating out of my comfort zone. Right now in the off-season I stay about 205lbs at my heaviest.

10 years ago..I would be close to 225lbs. But by slowly increasing calories...gaining weight until it stopped, increasing calories again, and doing it over and over. I won't lie....it sucks as it seems like your life revolves around food. That's why I eventually started down sizing.

But the cool thing is when you can eat 4K a day in the off-season of mainly clean food...when it comes time to diet for something....it feels like you really aren't on a diet. I have dropped close to 12lbs? this time around...and still haven't went below 3100 calories a day!
      07-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #933
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have her wax your back leaving an inverted pyramid....it will accentuate your Lats!
      07-19-2019, 10:21 AM   #934
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have her wax your back leaving an inverted pyramid....it will accentuate your Lats!
We do that in front, for the 6-pack
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      07-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #935
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Or the outline of a stringer that way you don't have to wear a shirt to the gym
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #936
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

question. what do you guys think puts more emphasis on the front shoulders when doing front raises? for example with the barbell is it best to have a shoulder width grip...wide grip or close grip? same thing with dumbbells? wide, narrow, shoulder width and hand placement. thumbs up or palm down at the top of the movement? I've always tried several ways but never found which one is best...anyone? Bueller?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #937
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Dont know rarely do any shoulder press moves as my fronts get too much work from chest moves as is. I usually only do rears to fill them in. How do you have palms down doing an overhead pressing move bro. With dumbells I dont bring them in and touch straight up keep tension on shoulder not trap.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #938
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Killing chest yo! Feels like I have two hardon's my chest lol!
How was the rest of the workout after you left the locker room?
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2019, 08:13 PM   #939
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
How was the rest of the workout after you left the locker room?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #940
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dont know rarely do any shoulder press moves as my fronts get too much work from chest moves as is. I usually only do rears to fill them in. How do you have palms down doing an overhead pressing move bro. With dumbells I dont bring them in and touch straight up keep tension on shoulder not trap.
not presses...front raises. I've tried over the years different hand placements. palms to my side when the dumbells are on my hips but when I raise the dumbbell I end up with my palms facing down. or i'll raise the dumbbell from my side and still at the top have my thumbs up.

shoulder presses is the meat and potatoes for overall shoulder development as you can go heavy either on the smith machine, Hammer Strenghth, seated military presses, ect before going to isolation movements for the fronts, side and rears
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #941
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Raises yeah palms down more thumb is up closer to front you feel it and opposite as you do side and rear. Also dont take movement very high for side or rear or traps take over. And I usually do my isolation stuff first then press.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2019, 09:54 PM   #942
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Raises yeah palms down more thumb is up closer to front you feel it and opposite as you do side and rear. Also dont take movement very high for side or rear or traps take over. And I usually do my isolation stuff first then press.
do you know or heard which is better when raising shoulder width or narrow? yup...very aware of not going to high to prevent the traps from taking over. how about upright rows...do you take a narrow, shoulder or wide grip? I feel just passed shoulder I really feel the burn
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #943
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I'm usually wider than shoulder on raises but I just do what I feel and that varies. Upright row I'm narrower than shoulder width but dont ever do heavy feels weird on my damaged old shoulders
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:08 PM   #944
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm usually wider than shoulder on raises but I just do what I feel and that varies. Upright row I'm narrower than shoulder width but dont ever do heavy feels weird on my damaged old shoulders
Dude i'm getting old too! 48 this year but after all the years of heavy lifting i'm actually going just enough to get a nice burn. lately I've been watching my form and whether or not over the years if I've been doing movements with proper form. that's why i'm asking these questions. usually different hand placements work for some people whereas it doesn't with others. my left shoulder ever since I pulled a rotary cuff hasn't been the same since. i feel/hear a clicking sound when i do military presses
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 10:51 PM   #945
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah I've been chasing form and pump for several months now and wanna get back to heavy but gottbe slow about it. Did arms tonight and did all width exercises for biceps so brachioradialis stuff. I do new moves almost every workout these days. Measuring over 18 hot on those babies now!

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 07-19-2019 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 11:16 PM   #946
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Nice. Hammer curls will hit the brachioradialis dead on. Do you incorporate forearms movements at all? One of the new moves I use to do back in the day but haven't done in quite a few years are the spider curls
Appreciate 0