BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-26-2018, 02:43 PM   #2201
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Depending on the location though, there is capital appreciation that far outstrips the costs of these minor repairs when you go to sell. That is something that you don't have renting.

I'm not keen on renting though - unless it is short term (ie. 1-2 years to figure out where you want to live / whether job will work out), then it makes sense.

We've had our house for 4 years now, and its probably worth about $300K more than what we purchased it for. We've probably spent about $60K over that period with the new roof, generator, and some minor stuff. So I'll take that any day of the week.
I'm not discounting your point here. Mine has probably increased in value by $20k in the past 4 years. I still have much to do in order to get it either a.) where I want it or b.) we I need to get it to sell it and make a nice profit, sell and start life over again, still undecided. For a younger fellow though, I wouldn't recommend buying until one is fully seated in life.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #2202
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Oh sorry. I'll tell you what he wrote:

"I can't go on with Danyell because she found the shrine in my closet I have of my one true love, OnerDriver."

See, you can understand why he couldn't share this with you.
And neither of them are now around...have Onesy and Doc run off together?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #2203
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Quote:
Oh sorry. I'll tell you what he wrote:

"I can't go on with Danyell because she found the shrine in my closet I have of my one true love, OnerDriver."

See, you can understand why he couldn't share this with you.
And neither of them are now around...have Onesy and Doc run off together?
Bimmerpost is the new Tinder.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
      11-26-2018, 07:23 PM   #2204
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And we were here to see it blossom...

I’m getting emotional.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #2205
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Does this mean that all of you are going to stop talking to me once someone with more money starts talking to you?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #2206
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
mmm bacon!!
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #2207
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Does this mean that all of you are going to stop talking to me once someone with more money starts talking to you?
No, but we will only talk to you once the other asshole we were seeing has hurt us.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
wrickem2101.00
EricVR4602.50
      11-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #2208
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
No, but we will only talk to you once the other asshole we were seeing has hurt us.
You sir have a firm grasp of dating in the new world.

....and I will allow this as my confidence is incredibly low and I will take whatever I can get.....until a prettier girl with less self esteem comes along and then I shall ghost you.
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #2209
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Not bad. Not bad at all sir.

I like how you picked a bar that was already set so low that we'd practically have to dig to get under it and set that forth as the standard of measurement by which you'll judge us.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #2210
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
this thread needs another story??

where is doc- danyell?
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #2211
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

where is doc- danyell?
Romeo - Juliet. Modernized.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #2212
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not bad. Not bad at all sir.

I like how you picked a bar that was already set so low that we'd practically have to dig to get under it and set that forth as the standard of measurement by which you'll judge us.
No judgement passed here, just trying to understand the situation to better plan my next move as always.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #2213
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No judgement passed here, just trying to understand the situation to better plan my next move as always.
WHAT???

You mean you would leave us? Don't you dare. The various forum members that I like to banter with are the only reason I'm still around, because I certainly don't own a BMW anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #2214
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
WHAT???

You mean you would leave us? Don't you dare. The various forum members that I like to banter with are the only reason I'm still around, because I certainly don't own a BMW anymore.
Not at all. I plan to ditch my E93 next year and I will still be a part of the fam here. This place has become an integral part of my day. The banter here with some of the forum members is far more enjoyable than the dialogue with the people I spend my day with.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #2215
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
Quote:
WHAT???

Quote:
Not at all. I plan to ditch my E93 next year and I will still be a part of the fam here. This place has become an integral part of my day. The banter here with some of the forum members is far more enjoyable than the dialogue with the people I spend my day with.
same! I don't really "own and drive" a BMW except for maybe 4 months in a year tops, but im here daily...

I used to frequent tech forums but people there are SOOOOOOO petty it's insane, you can tell these people rarely amounted to anything other than having the newest cpu or the most amount of graphics cards... pretty annoying/disgusting group of people tbh.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      11-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #2216
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post

I used to frequent tech forums but people there are SOOOOOOO petty it's insane, you can tell these people rarely amounted to anything other than having the newest cpu or the most amount of graphics cards... pretty annoying/disgusting group of people tbh.
Oh god yeah.

I work in the technology field. I've actually had people tell me they were surprised an "IT guy" could be so personable and communicate well with others. At first I had no idea what they meant since most of my experience was working at a university. After branching out to a company, I now know exactly what they mean. I've worked with some of the most intelligent yet insecure and condescending people on the planet.

Appreciate 2
      11-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #2217
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:

Oh god yeah.

I work in the technology field. I've actually had people tell me they were surprised an "IT guy" could be so personable and communicate well with others. At first I had no idea what they meant since most of my experience was working at a university. After branching out to a company, I now know exactly what they mean. I've worked with some of the most intelligent yet insecure and condescending people on the planet.
right?? they are so condescending and uptight its actually kind of funny when/if you remove yourself from that environment.

i also managed to reduce my electronics spending drastically after leaving, rn im running a computer that cost me roughly $600-700 all included and it's doing more than fine...

but now every day i look at buying a BMW so idk if it was good after all
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      11-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #2218
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
right?? they are so condescending and uptight its actually kind of funny when/if you remove yourself from that environment.

i also managed to reduce my electronics spending drastically after leaving, rn im running a computer that cost me roughly $600-700 all included and it's doing more than fine...

but now every day i look at buying a BMW so idk if it was good after all
It's ridiculous. Part of my job is going to different school systems my company has contracts with and discussing technology plans and needs with the administrators/board members. The guy who was in my position before basically was a know-it-all with no communication skills and pissed everyone off. If the district's equipment was a month out of date he would just tell them they were idiots.

Many of these people are very smart, make a ton of money, but literally sit home in a closet all day figuring out how to manipulate people. One guy I work with is a pathological liar, and he lies about the stupidest things that nobody would care about. He's likely never been on a date.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #2219
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post

where is doc- danyell?
i'll more info after tonight
Appreciate 3
      11-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #2220
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

I'm jaded from dating by seeing how disgusting some of the girls my age behave, especially here in California. Most are vapid, shallow, immature and uninteresting. Only really dated one girl that was worth it but we stopped because of school. I have yet to meet someone my age that I believe I could find a valuable relationship in. Not some puritan but so many girls display an utter lack of self-respect by sleeping around and being irresponsible.

I'm into older women anyway who can at least be interesting and make me laugh with little to no drama. Luckily where I live there are a lot of good-looking, wealthy divorcees!! Who knows when I'll be in another relationship, not really worth while for me at this point in time.
      11-27-2018, 02:02 PM   #2221
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
I'm jaded from dating by seeing how disgusting some of the girls my age behave, especially here in California. Most are vapid, shallow, immature and uninteresting. Only really dated one girl that was worth it but we stopped because of school. I have yet to meet someone my age that I believe I could find a valuable relationship in. Not some puritan but so many girls display an utter lack of self-respect by sleeping around and being irresponsible.

I'm into older women anyway who can at least be interesting and make me laugh with little to no drama. Luckily where I live there are a lot of good-looking, wealthy divorcees!! Who knows when I'll be in another relationship, not really worth while for me at this point in time.
how old are you my dude?
because im pretty much in the same boat, except the closest good looking wealthy divorcees are 2 hours away in and near the city
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #2222
Banned
United_States
Rep

So doc showed up briefly, but still no Onesy... I’m thinking about sending out my St. Bernard to find him... he’s probably in a snow drift in Canada lamenting all this global warming.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00