BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
If the phone didn't hate lefties, I would be excited.
It hates righties, not lefties. I'm sure as a left handed person, you'd hold the phone in your right hand so you could use your left finger to navigate the screens, or take notes with your left hand as you talk on the phone.

As a right handed person, I hold the phone in my left hand and almost exclusively hold the phone to my left ear. The reception problem is from holding the phone in your left hand....

As for the iPhone coming to Verizon? That's awesome! I'm sticking with AT&T, but adding additional carries would free up AT&T's network. Then we can start hearing about all the bashing Verizon is going to get. I don't get where Verizon gets this positive perception from. I've got a Verizon Blackberry, and frankly, their service is no better nor worse than AT&T wherever I go. I've been in buildings downtown where my iPhone has full bars, but my BB is down to 1 bar or none.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Horrible day to work for verizon

God damn news announcing this rumor and everyone and their brother is in bugging the shit out me about t
his

/rant
      06-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #25
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
It hates righties, not lefties. I'm sure as a left handed person, you'd hold the phone in your right hand so you could use your left finger to navigate the screens, or take notes with your left hand as you talk on the phone.

As a right handed person, I hold the phone in my left hand and almost exclusively hold the phone to my left ear. The reception problem is from holding the phone in your left hand....

As for the iPhone coming to Verizon? That's awesome! I'm sticking with AT&T, but adding additional carries would free up AT&T's network. Then we can start hearing about all the bashing Verizon is going to get. I don't get where Verizon gets this positive perception from. I've got a Verizon Blackberry, and frankly, their service is no better nor worse than AT&T wherever I go. I've been in buildings downtown where my iPhone has full bars, but my BB is down to 1 bar or none.
true, but when I hold the phone to actually talk on it, I hold it with my left hand :P
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I'm not exactly sure what point you are trying to make about Verizon giving away Droids. Almost all of their phones are buy one, get one free. That includes Blackberries, Palms, etc. All Android based phones except the Incredible are buy one, get one free. It's a simple incentive to get new customers to sign up and previous customers to renew their contract. It's pretty straight forward. I don't see what the problem is?
My point is this and this comes form Marketing 101 the price is always price and you never lower the price otherwise you de-value your product

We all know this with BMW, because they are the same way. The most successful business in the world understand this concept very well. To name a few Apple, Rolex, Bose, they do not discount their products, they sale them at a price and that price never changes, no mater where you buy the product. We are all good shoppers and we know if we look hard enough we can find someone willing to sell a product for less however it not the case with Apple.

Apple spent many years creating value in their products and they will not let anyone devaule their brand or products. This is what VZ does, by offing these 2 for 1 deals tells the consumer the phone has not real value. I can not tell you how many people I hear saying they can not wait until their two years are up so they can get another free phone, and most all of these people are VZ customers. You do not hear that with people who buy Apple, most people can not wait for the next product to buy it they do not care about the contract, In the case of AT&T that always drop the minimum contract requirement so people will by another new phone, never see VZ doing that.

Keep in mind VZ spent the last 10 yrs marketing their network not the Phones, only in the last few months have they been trying to market the phones. What did they do when they began loosing ground they attacked AT&T network and tried to make people think the phones would not work, well they failed at that.

So all this does is makes the phone worthless and have no value, when Apple has done the opposite. For VZ to work with Apple they would have to accept that the network is the commodity and all the value is in the phone.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
im just gunna get the droid X in a month. i was thinking about switching to get the iphone but

I was at EDC with over 100k people. all my friends phones didn't work since att towers were loaded. we needed to contact our limo driver to avoid being stranded. the rule of thumb is 1-10 calls go through and they usually cut out within a few seconds. well, low and behold, my shitty alias makes 3 calls in a row first try.

thanks verizon. ill be sticking with you.
The Droid X is a really nice phone, I played with and it works well, I always said that Motorola makes really well engineered phones, and always been a Motorola fan. Sound quality is what I look at most, all the other features are worthless unless it works well as a phone.

The only down side is the Android software, it is not a sclean and smooth as an iphone and I do not believe the app develops will come as they said they would. Hell M$ has been trying to pay develops to port iphone apps to their new platform and very few are agreeing. They said that 90% of iphone app developers solely develop for the iphone and have no plans to do anything else.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #28
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
My point is this and this comes form Marketing 101 the price is always price and you never lower the price otherwise you de-value your product

We all know this with BMW, because they are the same way. The most successful business in the world understand this concept very well. To name a few Apple, Rolex, Bose, they do not discount their products, they sale them at a price and that price never changes, no mater where you buy the product. We are all good shoppers and we know if we look hard enough we can find someone willing to sell a product for less however it not the case with Apple.

Apple spent many years creating value in their products and they will not let anyone devaule their brand or products. This is what VZ does, by offing these 2 for 1 deals tells the consumer the phone has not real value. I can not tell you how many people I hear saying they can not wait until their two years are up so they can get another free phone, and most all of these people are VZ customers. You do not hear that with people who buy Apple, most people can not wait for the next product to buy it they do not care about the contract, In the case of AT&T that always drop the minimum contract requirement so people will by another new phone, never see VZ doing that.

Keep in mind VZ spent the last 10 yrs marketing their network not the Phones, only in the last few months have they been trying to market the phones. What did they do when they began loosing ground they attacked AT&T network and tried to make people think the phones would not work, well they failed at that.

So all this does is makes the phone worthless and have no value, when Apple has done the opposite. For VZ to work with Apple they would have to accept that the network is the commodity and all the value is in the phone.
Very well put.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The Droid X is a really nice phone, I played with and it works well, I always said that Motorola makes really well engineered phones, and always been a Motorola fan. Sound quality is what I look at most, all the other features are worthless unless it works well as a phone.

The only down side is the Android software, it is not a sclean and smooth as an iphone and I do not believe the app develops will come as they said they would. Hell M$ has been trying to pay develops to port iphone apps to their new platform and very few are agreeing. They said that 90% of iphone app developers solely develop for the iphone and have no plans to do anything else.
I plan on getting the Droid X but I haven't played with it yet. Does it have MOTOBLUR? I heard rumors that it has it and rumors that it doesn't have it. Can you verify?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #29
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Very well put.

I plan on getting the Droid X but I haven't played with it yet. Does it have MOTOBLUR? I heard rumors that it has it and rumors that it doesn't have it. Can you verify?
The one i saw did not, I have a CLIQ with it not a big fan since I am not a big social networking person.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-01-2010 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0