BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
DrockNJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

iPhone coming to verizon !!!!

BAM...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Cool
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

If the phone didn't hate lefties, I would be excited.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Wow, glad I didn't updgrade to the iphone 4g yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Wow, glad I didn't updgrade to the iphone 4g yet.
+1!!! I was thinking about getting it soon... I prefer Verizon around here but idk about waiting till January...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
so what will happen t all the phones on att?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
+1!!! I was thinking about getting it soon... I prefer Verizon around here but idk about waiting till January...
Yeah, that will be a while. I'm just gonna buy the iphone 4g itself without renewing the contract and sell it when I hop over to Verizon.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Not...

Apple and VZ will never do business together, VZ hates what Apple has done to their business, it use to be about the network and now apple as made it about the phone and all the great extras you get with an iphone, Plus why would Apple invest all the money into a phone they can only sell to VZ when a GSM phone they can sell world wide. Apple makes one phone and sells it everywhere in the world. Plus VZ customer have an expectation of getting phones free, hell they are giving droids away now.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Not...

Apple and VZ will never do business together, VZ hates what Apple has done to their business, it use to be about the network and now apple as made it about the phone and all the great extras you get with an iphone, Plus why would Apple invest all the money into a phone they can only sell to VZ when a GSM phone they can sell world wide. Apple makes one phone and sells it everywhere in the world. Plus VZ customer have an expectation of getting phones free, hell they are giving droids away now.
How are you so confident about this information you just posted? Are you a Verizon or Apple employee?

Towards the end of this year and beginning of next year, Verizon is switching from CDMA to LTE. There is a good chance the iPhone will make it to Verizon. LTE requires sim.

They're giving away droids because there is a new one coming out next month and another one coming out in August.

Not sure where you're getting your facts from but I would advise you to check their credibility.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
It's just a rumor and speculation, like the hundreds of iPhone on Verizon rumors we've heard before.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/v...ims-bloomberg/

Quote:
Stop us if you've heard this one before: Bloomberg says Verizon will get the iPhone... sometime in January. Yep, it's another fuzzy rumor sourced from "two people familiar with the plans," and while we really do believe Big Red will eventually get the iPhone in our lifetimes, at this point we're beyond cynical about pieces like this -- chatter about a Verizon iPhone now regularly reaches deafening levels before crashing down in yet another cloud of AT&T-exclusive dust. However, if you must insist on living this impossible dream, Bloomy's latest rumor does at least line up with the piece from the Wall Street Journal in March claiming that CDMA iPhone would begin production in September, giving Apple plenty of time to ramp up for a January launch.

Of course, we have to wonder if it's the smartest move to announce the hotly-anticipated Verizon iPhone right after the holiday buying season, and we can't imagine all those iPhone 4 buyers who were just enticed into signing new two-year AT&T contracts are going to be happy to discover they could have waited and escaped the Blue, but we'll have to wait and see -- Apple just told us that they "don't comment on rumors and speculation" when we pinged them and asked for comment. Fingers crossed, we suppose.
      06-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
It's just a rumor and speculation, like the hundreds of iPhone on Verizon rumors we've heard before.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/v...ims-bloomberg/
Yep. We won't know for sure until it's close to launch date, if it even does make it to Verizon. We all know Apple likes to keep things hush hush until right before the item is to be released.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Not...

All VZ cares about is customers anymore. If they were forced to sell one phone that WILL sell MILLIONS that didn't include any VZ garbage the iPhone will be that phone. The amount of new contracts they'll add from people bailing ATT will more then make them forget.

VZ customers are only used to free phones that are either junk or been out for a decent amount of time. Typically in a buy one get one sale. The iPhone's only sale will the reduced price for a new contract or any sale dictated by Apple. VZ customers that want the iphone won't care.

If this happens there is no way it's taking place in January 2011. They'll release (if this even happens) toward fall 2011 with the annoucement prolly in next years keynote speach.

1. Apple wouldn't want to miss the holiday buying crowd
2. With the 4G just coming out the griping will be kept at a minimun since the phone will have been out a year already.
3. ATT will be hemorrhaging customers like no tomorrow.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
Bimmer-Pilot
NY Yankees #1
Cuba
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW E92

Garage List
2008 Ferrari F-430  [0.00]
06 X-3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
All VZ cares about is customers anymore. If they were forced to sell one phone that WILL sell MILLIONS that didn't include any VZ garbage the iPhone will be that phone. The amount of new contracts they'll add from people bailing ATT will more then make them forget.

VZ customers are only used to free phones that are either junk or been out for a decent amount of time. Typically in a buy one get one sale. The iPhone's only sale will the reduced price for a new contract or any sale dictated by Apple. VZ customers that want the iphone won't care.

If this happens there is no way it's taking place in January 2011. They'll release (if this even happens) toward fall 2011 with the annoucement prolly in next years keynote speach.

1. Apple wouldn't want to miss the holiday buying crowd
2. With the 4G just coming out the griping will be kept at a minimun since the phone will have been out a year already.
3. ATT will be hemorrhaging customers like no tomorrow.
Where do you guys get your info from....LOL
      06-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #14
e92ttaz2
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
How are you so confident about this information you just posted? Are you a Verizon or Apple employee?

Towards the end of this year and beginning of next year, Verizon is switching from CDMA to LTE. There is a good chance the iPhone will make it to Verizon. LTE requires sim.

They're giving away droids because there is a new one coming out next month and another one coming out in August.

Not sure where you're getting your facts from but I would advise you to check their credibility.
He's probably PMSing. He knows nothing and is probably not even in communications industry
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #15
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Pilot View Post
Where do you guys get your info from....LOL
Still not confirmed though...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post

2 random schmucks 'leaked' something.... is everyone that's getting happy completely new to the 'leaked' world? 99% of the time it doesn't mean shit.... you REALLY think apple would let something like this leak through after the iphone 4 disaster? yea fucking right... this would be so locked down, no one shy of the top execs would know about it this early on
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post

Lets put this way I work in the industry, less relevant but I does provide insight, I worked for Apple at one time for 7 years so I am very familiar with their business practice and how Steve does things.

You are correct the new droid is coming out, but VZ been giving them away for month, it part of their marketing strategy, they give away product to lock in customer to them and devalue the phone and put more value on the network and extra services they want to market to people like pay for down load, pay for ring tones, and the list goes on.

Yes VZ is moving to LTE, but it will not be widely deployed until 2013, and maybe then Apple will have a product for LTE, but they are not going to make two product, unless they both sell in high volumes.

This rumors are attempts by VZ to delay people exit from them or market makers trying to drive up or down VZ stock or possible Apple's stock. This is no different than the rumors a few months ago that VZ was getting and Iphone or Ipad, well the iphone was in fact the Droid X, and the ipad will be another competitors products.

Lastly the two companies have two completely different business model and go to market strategies, we know Jobs will not change so will VZ change, probably not, since they have not figured out what the iphone is doing so well, they still think it about the network.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-30-2010 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Lets put this way I work in the industry, less relevant but I does provide insight, I worked for Apple at one time for 7 years so I am very familiar with their business practice and how Steve does things.

You are correct the new droid is coming out, but VZ been giving them away for month, it part of their marketing strategy, they give away product to lock in customer to them and devalue the phone and put more value on the network and extra services they want to market to people like pay for down load, pay for ring tones, and the list goes on.

Yes VZ is moving to LTE, but it will not be widely deployed until 2013, and maybe then Apple will have a product for LTE, but they are not going to make two product, unless they both sell in high volumes.

This rumors are attempts by VZ to delay people exit from them or market makers trying to drive up or down VZ stock or possible Apple's stock. This is no different than the rumors a few months ago that VZ was getting and Iphone or Ipad, well the iphone was in fact the Droid X, and the ipad will be another competitors products.

Lastly the two companies have two completely different business model and go to market strategies, we know Jobs will not change so will VZ change, probably not, since they have not figured out what the iphone is doing so well, they still think it about the network.
I'm not exactly sure what point you are trying to make about Verizon giving away Droids. Almost all of their phones are buy one, get one free. That includes Blackberries, Palms, etc. All Android based phones except the Incredible are buy one, get one free. It's a simple incentive to get new customers to sign up and previous customers to renew their contract. It's pretty straight forward. I don't see what the problem is?

Yes, LTE will not be fully implemented until 2013. It's a 3 year step by step process. The first people that are going to get to enjoy the new network are BlackBerry users. The new BlackBerries all have SIM cards in them, so they are ready to go.

They only way to really know if Verizon is ever going to get the iPhone is to just wait and see. We all know how Apple and Verizon are. There's no way to really tell if it is or isn't going to happen.

I would like to apologize for doubting you in my previous post. You do have some knowledge in this area.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #19
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:

i didnt agree w/ your first post but this one makes a lot more sense

there have been rumors of a CDMA iPhone but this was mainly targeted for china but people like to assume this mean its coming to verizon

the only way i ever see this working for apple is if they come out w/ ONE iPhone that accepts GSM/LTE/CDMA, until all the networks have made the switch to LTE

and im not sure if thats the route they will choose to do
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
If the phone didn't hate lefties, I would be excited.
What, it's a conservative phone or something?

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

im just gunna get the droid X in a month. i was thinking about switching to get the iphone but

I was at EDC with over 100k people. all my friends phones didn't work since att towers were loaded. we needed to contact our limo driver to avoid being stranded. the rule of thumb is 1-10 calls go through and they usually cut out within a few seconds. well, low and behold, my shitty alias makes 3 calls in a row first try.

thanks verizon. ill be sticking with you.
      06-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
interesting info thx.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0