BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
SekZi
Shawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i Black/Red/Aluminum

Started a new site let me know how you guys like it!

Hey everyone so i've been inactive for a while working on my site. before launching it I still want to fix a few bugs and get input from friends and family. Any input from you guys would be great. The site is
www.mogreet.com and it is a website used to send video messages. It is free as long as you have a text messaging plan and unlimited internet. type in FREE for the promocode so you guys can test it out.

The first time sending one is tricky due to laws and regulations so text the phrase it says to 22095 the first time your trying to send a message and then you guys are all set and can send it to family and friends have a great week guys! and your advice is truly appreciated.
      03-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Hoothout
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 328i

Garage List
2008 e92 328i  [0.00]
looks good, the layout doesnt really flow well
iDrive,Premium Pkg,Sport Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Black Dakota Leather,GP Thunder 8500k cornering,drl,and foglights, ,Blacked Out Grills,Painted Reflectors,Shadowline Emblems,Hardwired Beltronics V-995, AFE Intake, Muffler Delete, Berger tune
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCman328 View Post
looks good, the layout doesnt really flow well
I think there's some sort of problem with your CSS. Scrolling the page produces weirdness, at least in firefox. BTW, nice to see you used rails. Ruby FTW!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Lovely idea.

However,

1. why is the site so slow? It even slows down other tabbed explorers when your site freeze up by clicking back or main banner.

2. Lack of home button or main page button is bit annoying. I know you can go back to main if you click the mogreet banner on the top but separate buttons dedicated for main page menus would be nicer.

3. Your hyperlinked key words on main page isn't clear. Maybe bit more eye catching color?

4. "enter your search term" on the main page isn't too attractive or clear. It's the main convinient navigation tool you guys offer but doesn't appeal or is understandable in blink of an eye. First time users won't even know what that does. Your eyes only go down to 4 colored buttons on the bottom. However it is clear and does good job in sub pages.

5. Your slogan isn't too appealing. Words are boring plus single colored, similar sized, hard-to-tell bold style texts don't help neither. It would be better if words are more attractive or text layout and design is more unique.

6. A lot of messages you guys have made look very unprofessional. Very lame, plain and ghetto. Definately doesn't worth my .99 cents. Colors are too saturated, granny and cheap. Using simpler and cleaner graphic would be better, or at least have basic concepts of your graphic direction as they appear very random.
In the end, you guys are selling those messages so only library of rich message materials would bring customers down the road.

Anyways, this looks like a bright idea and I really hope you guys stack up some cash with it!
Best of the luck to you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
SekZi
Shawn
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the insightful help, I will take that into consideration when fixing up the website. Have you guys used the clips yet and sent it to friends/family to see if it works with their phones or not? that would be of great help. Use the promo code FREE so it doesn't charge anyone in your family. This is for help not money thanks!
      03-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
SekZi
Shawn
United_States
Rep

There is also a St. Pattys day theme that you guys can use for the special holidays.