BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

04-20-2016, 06:33 AM   #26137
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Nah, hers will be silver.

And BMW paid for mine, however- I never use the charge station. It charges automatically when you drive in sport mode - and when in full electric- it only gives you 15 miles- so I barely use it.

Sports mode is what I use about 99% of the time. Which gives me about 35 mpg. Which is still a hell lot better than the 13mpg the m6 used to give me.
I understand, I was going to ask if they include it for you; I suppose for i8 purchases they will, but not for i3 purchases? Lol. Sport mode is probably the most appropriate balance anyway.

Speaking of M cars, not sure if you care for it, but did you receive an M4 GTS invitation? I saw on the homepage that folks were starting to receive some.

I know I'm not getting one, but I read that P-Car and recent ///M owners would be receiving them.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 06:43 AM   #26138
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Quote:
Nah, hers will be silver.

And BMW paid for mine, however- I never use the charge station. It charges automatically when you drive in sport mode - and when in full electric- it only gives you 15 miles- so I barely use it.

Sports mode is what I use about 99% of the time. Which gives me about 35 mpg. Which is still a hell lot better than the 13mpg the m6 used to give me.
I understand, I was going to ask if they include it for you; I suppose for i8 purchases they will, but not for i3 purchases? Lol. Sport mode is probably the most appropriate balance anyway.

Speaking of M cars, not sure if you care for it, but did you receive an M4 GTS invitation? I saw on the homepage that folks were starting to receive some.

I know I'm not getting one, but I read that P-Car and recent ///M owners would be receiving them.
I'll let you know if they will include it or not...but thank you for reminding me to ask if they use the same plug in.

Hmm...and I haven't received anything. Guess I'm not a cool kid in the M club anymore. Boohoo. I'll really miss hanging out with all those guys who think "everyone notices me in my m2/m3/m4/"

04-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #26139
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I'll let you know if they will include it or not...but thank you for reminding me to ask if they use the same plug in. However, she lives in Rosarito so it's a little different getting the wall chargers mounted in Mexico so I'd honestly rather not have them set up so she'd be forced to drive on gas solely.

Hmm...and I haven't received anything. Guess I'm not a cool kid in the M club anymore. Boohoo. I'll really miss hanging out with all those guys who think "everyone notices me in my m2/m3/m4/"

I gotcha, I don't see why not though, if they both employ petrol hybrid technology.

LOL dude they've gotten horribly bad on the M2 boards. I thought F80post was bad.

I just want a nice car to enjoy without internet bias or stigmas. Too much to ask sometimes.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #26140
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I'll let you know if they will include it or not...but thank you for reminding me to ask if they use the same plug in. However, she lives in Rosarito so it's a little different getting the wall chargers mounted in Mexico so I'd honestly rather not have them set up so she'd be forced to drive on gas solely.

I gotcha, I don't see why not though, if they both employ petrol hybrid technology.

LOL dude they've gotten horribly bad on the M2 boards. I thought F80post was bad.

I just want a nice car to enjoy without internet bias or stigmas. too much to ask sometimes.
Realllllyyy? Hahahaha I'm going to have to take a peek.

Man, just get a car that you know you'll love and not for anyone else. To quote cool runnings "if you weren't man enough without it, you'll never be enough with it"

Just make sure it has AC. I drove my Yaris all day yesterday and the ACs broken and holy fuck I thought I was going to pass out.
      04-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #26141
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

Man, just get a car that you know you'll love and not for anyone else. To quote cool runnings "if you weren't man enough without it, you'll never be enough with it"

Just make sure it has AC. I drove my Yaris all day yesterday and the ACs broken and holy fuck I thought I was going to pass out.

LOL, I was actually going to message you the developments.. in fact I'll do that after this post.

Yaadi mon wheya gwaan widdeh.

whoa that was weird, I rarely type patois.

Have you considered replacing the Yaris for another DD?

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 06:58 AM   #26142
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
@MKSixer

Looks like I'm leaving the sophisto grey club.

Upgrading to a 16 at no extra cost, but in white (I'm also upgrading my moms ride)
Very nice and a great gesture for your mom!!
Well done!
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #26143
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, I was actually going to message you the developments.. in fact I'll do that after this post.

Yaadi mon wheya gwaan widdeh.

whoa that was weird, I rarely type patois.

Have you considered replacing the Yaris for another DD?
HAHAHAH I started snooping around.

I wanted to leave a troll comment like "HAHAHAHA YOURE ALL POOR CAUSE YOU DRIVE AN M2" but I know that's probably not the case and probably get a temp ban. So I refrained.

That was weird. Is that what Rihanna speaks in her new song? The workworkworkworkwork song?

And yeah, I'm starting to heavily consider it. With my order of an m4, I really don't need three different cars- and I would first fix all the major issues on the Yaris, then donate it to my church since I really have no use for it and it could help another family out. So will probably do that once I place the order for the m4/it arrives.
      04-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #26144
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
@MKSixer

Looks like I'm leaving the sophisto grey club.

Upgrading to a 16 at no extra cost, but in white (I'm also upgrading my moms ride)
Very nice and a great gesture for your mom!!
Well done!
My mom hates it since she's not materialistic at all, but oh well- sucks for her that I love her
      04-20-2016, 07:06 AM   #26145
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

I wanted to leave a troll comment like "HAHAHAHA YOURE ALL POOR CAUSE YOU DRIVE AN M2" but I know that's probably not the case and probably get a temp ban. So I refrained.

That was weird. Is that what Rihanna speaks in her new song? The workworkworkworkwork song?

And yeah, I'm starting to heavily consider it. With my order of an m4, I really don't need three different cars- and I would first fix all the major issues on the Yaris, then donate it to my church since I really have no use for it and it could help another family out. So will probably do that once I place the order for the m4/it arrives.
LOL!

"Oh, here's another salty driver of a luxo-barge M car with no steering feel and mainstream, blah blah blah blahb oashd iuhsdiahbud".

It's actually just a random assortment of words in the dialect. No meaning whatsoever.

And that is really nice. Who would have known that you possessed such charitable qualities? I really like those new turbo Civics. AND you can get them in stick, now!

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:10 AM   #26146
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!

"Oh, here's another salty driver of a luxo-barge M car with no steering feel and mainstream, blah blah blah blahb oashd iuhsdiahbud".

It's actually just a random assortment of words in the dialect. No meaning whatsoever.

And that is really nice. Who would have known that you possessed such charitable qualities? I really like those new turbo Civics. AND you can get them in stick, now!
Hahahahahahah, I'm sure one of these nights I'll get into it with one of them. Just have to be in a bad mood for it.

Eh, people trip out when they meet me in person and actually see I'm genuinely a nice guy.

In Bimmerposts case- people would be heavily let down since most would expect my "IDGAF" frame of mind to be 24/7.
      04-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #26147
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Hahahahahahah, I'm sure one of these nights I'll get into it with one of them. Just have to be in a bad mood for it.

Eh, people trip out when they meet me in person and actually see I'm genuinely a nice guy.

In Bimmerposts case- people would be heavily let down since most would expect my "IDGAF" frame of mind to be 24/7.
They're all over the place. In fact, I can actually identify them by name, now. Probably the biggest fanboy is user Adem1534 or some shit. Dude's posts literally make me cringe and lose 3 years off my life each time I read one.

Honestly, the best way to employ a DGAF state of mind would be to employ it 24/7. I toned mine down a tad because apparently I was starting to offend people, in real life and on the internet. So, now I just offend people I don't like, as opposed to offending everyone in the room.

I'm a work in progress.

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #26148
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Dude... troll on my good man. It is awesome over there. So much butthurt over so little. I have never seen so many people who are worried about everyone else's perception. It is awesome. I recommend playing the serious troll card though. The "you're all poor" thing will just get what Verbiage said - dismissed. You need to post something more nuanced - like... "I was reading research the other day about people's perceived worth being defined by brand affiliation and how that gets exploited by brand and heavy adoption of low-end offerings and I think that is what is happening with the M2. It is a way to get the more common folk separated from their money by faux M affiliation... kind of like the Cadillac Cimmaron - which was a rebadged Oldsmobile. What do you all think?" *drops match, doesn't look back*

Edit: You have to make it SEEM like you care, but about something different than they all seem to care about!
      04-20-2016, 07:21 AM   #26149
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

Dude... troll on my good man. It is awesome over there. So much butthurt over so little. I have never seen so many people who are worried about everyone else's perception. It is awesome. I recommend playing the serious troll card though. The "you're all poor" thing will just get what Verbiage said - dismissed. You need to post something more nuanced - like... "I was reading research the other day about people's perceived worth being defined by brand affiliation and how that gets exploited by brand and heavy adoption of low-end offerings and I think that is what is happening with the M2. It is a way to get the more common folk separated from their money by faux M affiliation... kind of like the Cadillac Cimmaron - which was a rebadged Oldsmobile. What do you all think?" *drops match, doesn't look back*

Edit: You have to make it SEEM like you care, but about something different than they all seem to care about!
LOL this was one well thought out post.

I'm not sure if I'm there yet, on that level of troll-ism. But honestly, you were the person that crossed my mind since I know you're well off, but ordered an m2, so it debunked my urge. There are a lot of butt hurt folks over there however...

Can't I just post a picture of my i8 next to my dealerships m2, call them all a bunch of earth killing Bernie sander lovers and call it a day?
      04-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #26150
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

I'm not sure if I'm there yet, on that level of troll-ism. But honestly, you were the person that crossed my mind since I know you're well off, but ordered an m2, so it debunked my urge. There are a lot of butt hurt folks over there however...

Can't I just post a picture of my i8 next to my dealerships m2, call them all a bunch of earth killing Bernie sander lovers and call it a day?
Dude, jtodd_fl is the KING of troll posts. Show him the one of the M2 on the dyno!

Also, latter option also works.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #26151
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Hah... this opens an AMAZING troll opportunity. You should post that picture under a thread called "Just got an M2". Then say they gave it to you because you bought a real high-end car. They will lose their shit, because people are scouring the country for them. Haha... I would pay to read that thread.

Edit: Add that you are giving to a friend because you have real Ms also and that the first guy you tried to give it to wouldn't take it because he already had a Focus RS.
      04-20-2016, 07:28 AM   #26152
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Dude, jtodd_fl is the KING of troll posts. Show him the one of the M2 on the dyno!

Hehe... this one?
      04-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #26153
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Hah... this opens an AMAZING troll opportunity. You should post that picture under a thread called "Just got an M2". Then say they gave it to you because you bought a real high-end car. They will lose their shit, because people are scouring the country for them. Haha... I would pay to read that thread.

I literally laughed out loud.
      04-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #26154
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Hehe... this one?
LOL HOW ARE YOU SO WITTY??

I'm jealous.
      04-20-2016, 07:37 AM   #26155
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post

Edit: Add that you are giving to a friend because you have real Ms also and that the first guy you tried to give it to wouldn't take it because he already had a Focus RS.
Quote:

I literally laughed out loud.
DUDE!!!

OMG please do it. Be like "free gift with purchase".

Dude they'd ban TF out of you.

Also, people would seriously re-evaluate their lives since most of them swear by that little thing.

Not gonna lie, I REALLY hate the back of it though.

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #26156
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
LOL HOW ARE YOU SO WITTY??

I'm jealous.
Heh... thanks. It is mostly because I am repressed and cannot say half the shit I think lest I be shunned, fired, divorced and/or murdered (depending on situation). I have learned a type of intellectual judo... using peoples own comments or positions as the basis of a counterargument. According to people that care enough to tell me the truth, it is apparently absolutely infuriating in real life circumstances. Plus, I negotiate for a living.
      04-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #26157
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
stuff
Dude...I just saw the F13 thread.

My god that frozen silver is a BEAST. WTF.

jtodd_fl have you seen it?

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #26158
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
DUDE!!!

OMG please do it. Be like "free gift with purchase".

Dude they'd ban TF out of you.

Also, people would seriously re-evaluate their lives since most of them swear by that little thing.

Not gonna lie, I REALLY hate the back of it though.
Yes... pretend to be completely ambivalent about everything they hold so dear...
"So... all you others that got this, what are you going to do with? Did you find someone to take it? You gonna just keep it for a DD beater?"

I actually like the car though (obv). Have you seen one in real life yet? It does truly look better in the metal.