BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #1519
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Another BMW or 550
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #1520
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
He's got an 11 550i Xdrive...
Yeah that might be why.
I've heard horror stories from the 1-series all the way up to the 7-series. I'm done with the brand because imo there's isn't a good one. My friend just bought a brand new 2018 X5 50i about 6 months ago and it's been in the shop several times for DTM's and is already consuming a quart of oil every 7-900 miles.

Jesus...
      11-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #1521
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
That's the problem, no ones gna buy it. I still owe on the loan I took out on it and can't get the DTM to go away long enough to put it up for sale. I'll nvr own another one again that's for sure. This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced.
Sorry to break it to you but its the just the car that you've bought. When it comes to used cars, you never know what you're getting. My M3 has 158,000 miles on it and I've had to replace one throttle actuator and a single brake sensor over its entire life(less than $1000). I wouldn't give up on BMW because of one bad car.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #1522
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I've heard horror stories from the 1-series all the way up to the 7-series. I'm done with the brand because imo there's isn't a good one. My friend just bought a brand new 2018 X5 50i about 6 months ago and it's been in the shop several times for DTM's and is already consuming a quart of oil every 7-900 miles.

Jesus...
Sorry to hear about your luck with car man. I've been incredibly lucky with mine but also plan to get rid of it in the spring. I feel like it's a gamble and I roll the dice every day. The longer I keep it the more likely I am to end up with some serious financial issues in order to keep it going it. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and get compliments on it daily but I'm starting to get nervous about it.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #1523
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:

Jesus...
my n/a E90 was pretty bullet proof
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #1524
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Take it to dealer and bitch, maybe they can do something
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #1525
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I love my lincoln, I really want to keep it until it explodes tbh. Had it for 7300 miles now, the only money i poured into it other than gas and insurance has been wipers, filters when i got it just to be safe and today an oil change.

I got so much shit from the boys (19-20yo kid driving a grandpa car) but having a car that "just works" is beautiful. My dad's 06 CLS was like your 550i, something was always wrong with the car. The F10 has been bulletproof for the most part, had a leaky windshield fluid tank but that's it.

I hope nothing major pops up that forces me to sell the MKS, I really want to keep it until I can afford to (read: stop being a student) so that I can restore it to the day 1 condition
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #1526
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

Jesus...
There are some that aren't bad, but you really have to do your research with these cars. Anything with the N54, the 4.4L V8, the V10 or V12 I would RUN not walk away from.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
________4158.50
      11-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #1527
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Aren't the compliments INTOXICATING?!

There isn't a DAY that goes by that someone doesn't say "that car is gorgeous!" I think that's one of the reasons that I keep trying to fix things on mine. It doesn't scream attention but when it gets it, WOW! Beyond the fact that as a TRUE enthusiast I've NEVER felt more connected to the road and the car as I drive. It CATERS to my wants and NEEDS as I drive and asks "what can I do for you on this journey" instead of the typical robotic washing machine response of the typical Camry which I interpret as (Hal2000 voice) "we have to go to work today."

I wish you luck on yours and compliment the stress free experience that you've had.

What sux about my affinity for this car is that it's kinda like a cheating partner that's hot aF. You know that they'll let you down again but the sex is so awesome that you wanna do it again and again.

The other day I put it into Sport+ and had to accelerate out of a situation where I got the rear tires to smoke a bit and had to grip the steering wheel a bit tighter and countersteered to a dramatic semi-drift situation and she handled it BEAUTIFULLY (Adaptive Drive and Dynamic Drive with ARS are what WET DREAMS ARE MADE OF). I don't beat on her but when she's there for me she's THERE! That's why I'm so reluctant to let her go...

I don't give up too easily on vehicles that everyone else hates but this one is just breaking my heart. It's gta go I guess...reluctantly.
Your analogies are spot on sir. I see more of the inside of mine than I do the outside so I don't really think of how other people see it as it comes down the road. Although I've had mine for more than a year, I still find myself turning around to gawk at it after I park. As far as overall performance goes, it just freaking performs, the exhaust sounds fantastic and it just delivers when I want it to. Appearance-wise, I've change the overall look of the car so much to where the guy I bought it from wants it back now.

I hate to see you give up on a brand over your experience with this particular car but I can also see your point.
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #1528
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Quote:
That's the problem, no ones gna buy it. I still owe on the loan I took out on it and can't get the DTM to go away long enough to put it up for sale. I'll nvr own another one again that's for sure. This is the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced.
Sorry to break it to you but its the just the car that you've bought. When it comes to used cars, you never know what you're getting. My M3 has 158,000 miles on it and I've had to replace one throttle actuator and a single brake sensor over its entire life(less than $1000). I wouldn't give up on BMW because of one bad car.
I'm just talking ish, you and I BOTH know that I'll be back in a BMW. I was looking at the F90 M5 and that drop dead gorgeous M4 but am so TERRIFIED to make the leap because of this experience. Maybe after I get rid of this one I'll take a break and drive my boring Volvo for a while. It's reliable but the hair dryer sounding "turbo" 5-cylinder is less than inspiring but the ability to crank everyday is confidence inducing.

Once a BMW enthusiast, ALWAYS a BMW enthusiast. This story is to be continued...especially if I can fall out of Love with the turd that I've gotten lol. And it's a crazy kind of love because everytime I look at my car I literally DROOL!
      11-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #1529
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

I confess....I've spent 44 years HATING blue cheese. Actually, just hating the idea of it as I had refused to try it. The thought of eating moldy cheese made me want to vomit. Well my wife convinced me to finally try it. It's freaking delicious.
Appreciate 6
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00
wrickem2101.00
AntF32446.50
upstatedoc7555.50
wdb4716.50
      11-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #1530
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I confess....I've spent 44 years HATING blue cheese. Actually, just hating the idea of it as I had refused to try it. The thought of eating moldy cheese made me want to vomit. Well my wife convinced me to finally try it. It's freaking delicious.
Oh man me too. But it's been a few years now.

I'll always have a blue cheese filet mignon (tenderloin) if it's on the menu... recommended
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11456.00
King Rudi13154.00
      11-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #1531
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:

I'll always have a blue cheese filet mignon (tenderloin) if it's on the menu... recommended
That sounds delicious! I'm discovering all these uses for it. So far I have not ventured past blue cheese crumbles on a chop salad. Will put some steak in the shopping cart this weekend and give that a shot. it's a whole new world!
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      11-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #1532
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That sounds delicious! I'm discovering all these uses for it. So far I have not ventured past blue cheese crumbles on a chop salad. Will put some steak in the shopping cart this weekend and give that a shot. it's a whole new world!
It's made like a sauce on top, perhaps with butter (I can't cook lol), it's awesome. have fun cooking it!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #1533
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Next up: shave the dome.

amirite Judy???

I confess to wishing I had done this 30 years ago.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11456.00
King Rudi13154.00
      11-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #1534
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I had fiberglass contractors at work yesterday and today readying 250K gallon tanks for radar detection devices to affixed to the top of said tanks in order to measure volume and alcohol content.....I really need to go take pictures of completed and inspect......but 40' tall scaffolding and it cold. Bimmerpost keeps my feet on the ground and warm inside. I'll check it tomorrow when it's warmer out.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #1535
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
I'm just talking ish, you and I BOTH know that I'll be back in a BMW. I was looking at the F90 M5 and that drop dead gorgeous M4 but am so TERRIFIED to make the leap because of this experience. Maybe after I get rid of this one I'll take a break and drive my boring Volvo for a while. It's reliable but the hair dryer sounding "turbo" 5-cylinder is less than inspiring but the ability to crank everyday is confidence inducing.

Once a BMW enthusiast, ALWAYS a BMW enthusiast. This story is to be continued...especially if I can fall out of Love with the turd that I've gotten lol. And it's a crazy kind of love because everytime I look at my car I literally DROOL!
I'm not sure if this hold true for everyone, but in my experience the BMW M cars and the naturally aspirated cars have always seemed to be more reliable than the rest. I cant say much about the F90 since its so new but the F8x series has had a good track record in terms of reliability.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #1536
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Quote:
Have you tried having blue cheese with ice wine? I don't really love blue cheese (its ok), but that pairing is actually quite good.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #1537
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Have you ever tried drinking Bailey's from a shoe?
Appreciate 1
AntF32446.50
      11-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #1538
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Have you tried having blue cheese with ice wine? I don't really love blue cheese (its ok), but that pairing is actually quite good.
Not yet. Not sure I've had ice wine yet... lol what's that?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #1539
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
Have you ever tried drinking Bailey's from a shoe?
Have you ever tried blue cheese straight out someone's toes?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #1540
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Have you ever tried blue cheese straight out someone's toes?
Prefer pumpkins spice myself.

Be right back . . .
Appreciate 0