BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

08-30-2019, 02:40 AM   #4951
shobotan
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i Coupe

I have nothing against cats, a great little riff in drop d tuning
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #4952
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

WHAT?!?!?!

No Tool up in this bitch this morning????

Let's fix that shit!

Enjoy!

Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
Rmtt8206.00
      08-30-2019, 06:51 AM   #4953
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-30-2019, 08:30 AM   #4954
heatwave
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #4955
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 06:18 PM   #4956
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
WHAT?!?!?!

No Tool up in this bitch this morning????

Let's fix that shit!

Enjoy!

How are you liking the new album? I haven't downloaded it yet. They just announced some tour date stops here in November. I'm gonna grab some tickets for my buddies and wife.
Appreciate 2
      08-30-2019, 07:41 PM   #4957
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #4958
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #4959
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

08-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #4960
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

LRB-It's a long way there

This is a fine jam.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 04:41 PM   #4961
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Scorpions- They need a million

So is this. Uli.
Appreciate 1
bobowar1353479.00
      08-31-2019, 04:44 PM   #4962
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Scorpions- Temple of the King

Caught the Scorps and Dio together back in the day. Sat 2nd row, and caught a drumstick from Dio and a guitar pick from Mattias.
Appreciate 1
bobowar1353479.00
      08-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #4963
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Boston- More than a feeling
Appreciate 2
      08-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #4964
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

John Denver- Rocky Mountain High

Mix it up a bit.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #4965
heatwave
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #4966
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
How are you liking the new album? I haven't downloaded it yet. They just announced some tour date stops here in November. I'm gonna grab some tickets for my buddies and wife.
Originally I didn't like the title track. One of the funniest things I've read so far, as for a review, was "The new album sounds like A Perfect Circle featuring Tool."

At first I was a little disappointed with Maynards vocals; but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I didn't like 10,000 Days when it was released either, but the more I listened to it, the more I noticed the complexities of their work; this album is no different. There is give and take here. With the songs being so long, it's not an album that you can just play in your car if you are like me and only drive 10-15 minutes each time you're behind the wheel. At this rate, you can't finish a song between the time the car starts and you reach your destination. The length of the songs kinda force you into sitting down and really devoting some time to listen to it. It seems that each time I listen to it (in sections as I have a really hectic schedule and have yet to spend and hour and half to listen to it beginning to end) I find new sections, riffs, bass lines or drum rhythms that I really like. Adams solo on 7empest puts him in a new category of guitar greats as far as I'm concerned; it's amazing! Danny's work throughout the entire album....I simply can't find words for. After hearing the way he beats his drum kit, you'd expect to see him on an episode of cops, missing a shirt, while holding a Pabst blue ribbon while his drum kit lingers in the background crying that it doesn't want to press charges as he's being handcuffed. Justins work on this album is not to be scoffed at either. The three of those guys together just seem to lay down some amazing work together. There truly isn't another band like them. They are, hands down, in a league all their own.

I saw someone comment the other day, that Maynard had made a comment that his voice is not what it used to be. This has a lot to do with why he chose to go the route he did on this album focusing more on melodies versus his typical growl. I will say that it marries nicely with the darkness of the album though. Maynards vocal stylings, although different, seem to be the ying to the yang of the dark music playing behind him; almost in a mantra type affect. All in all, the ablum is nothing short of amazing. It's Tool in their most evolved form. Very different, but still bad ass nonetheless. I was a really hard critic of it in the beginning and hated it, but the more I listen to it, the more I notice and the more I like it.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-03-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 3
      09-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #4967
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/0AMbhzgFEcmVj46N9TPGmU
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #4968
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Mindless Self Indulgence - Fuck Everything
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:37 AM   #4969
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Stryper - The Valley
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 07:05 AM   #4970
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Danko Jones - Do you Wanna Rock?

One can NEVER have too much cowbell!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #4971
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally I didn't like the title track. One of the funniest things I've read so far, as for a review, was "The new album sounds like A Perfect Circle featuring Tool."

At first I was a little disappointed with Maynards vocals; but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I didn't like 10,000 Days when it was released either, but the more I listened to it, the more I noticed the complexities of their work; this album is no different. There is give and take here. With the songs being so long, it's not an album that you can just play in your car if you are like me and only drive 10-15 minutes each time you're behind the wheel. At this rate, you can't finish a song between the time the car starts and you reach your destination. The length of the songs kinda force you into sitting down and really devoting some time to listen to it. It seems that each time I listen to it (in sections as I have a really hectic schedule and have yet to spend and hour and half to listen to it beginning to end) I find new sections, riffs, bass lines or drum rhythms that I really like. Adams solo on 7empest puts him in a new category of guitar greats as far as I'm concerned; it's amazing! Danny's work throughout the entire album....I simply can't find words for. After hearing the way he beats his drum kit, you'd expect to see him on an episode of cops, missing a shirt, while holding a Pabst blue ribbon while his drum kit lingers in the background crying that it doesn't want to press charges as he's being handcuffed. Justins work on this album is not to be scoffed at either. The three of those guys together just seem to lay down some amazing work together. There truly isn't another band like them. They are, hands down, in a league all their own.

I saw someone comment the other day, that Maynard had made a comment that his voice is not what it used to be. This has a lot to do with why he chose to go the route he did on this album focusing more on melodies versus his typical growl. I will say that it marries nicely with the darkness of the album though. Maynards vocal stylings, although different, seem to be the ying to the yang of the dark music playing behind him; almost in a mantra type affect. All in all, the ablum is nothing short of amazing. It's Tool in their most evolved form. Very different, but still bad ass nonetheless. I was a really hard critic of it in the beginning and hated it, but the more I listen to it, the more I notice and the more I like it.
Agreed. I like it a lot also man. It's different from their other work but I'm really enjoying the new direction. I end up skipping to the actual songs when I get in the car and try to at least finish one or two before I get to my destination.

I was listening to it the other day with my wife and was like "this is good, it's mellow Tool". She was like this is mellow

Much better IMO then the most recent A Perfect Circle album. Tickets go on sale in an hour for a bunch of shows. I'm gonna grab 4 for their gig in Brooklyn.

What's up with the "extra" tracks on the limited edition version of the album? I heard there is 10 extra min of material
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #4972
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. I like it a lot also man. It's different from their other work but I'm really enjoying the new direction. I end up skipping to the actual songs when I get in the car and try to at least finish one or two before I get to my destination.

I was listening to it the other day with my wife and was like "this is good, it's mellow Tool". She was like this is mellow

Much better IMO then the most recent A Perfect Circle album. Tickets go on sale in an hour for a bunch of shows. I'm gonna grab 4 for their gig in Brooklyn.

What's up with the "extra" tracks on the limited edition version of the album? I heard there is 10 extra min of material
Yeah, I kinda dig the new condense, concentrated, mellowed down version. I used to attend raves on a regular basis when I was younger. Still dig some the music, but I get more into the more minimal stuff now versus the loud, up-tempo banging stuff I was into back then. Perhaps it's just age, but I can appreciate more contemplation in a condensed version these days versus just loud and fast.

Good luck on the tickets, I'm skipping this round of shows and not even keeping up with what's going on with tickets to save my sanity. From the fans I follow on instagram, they are all pretty damn well upset with pricing and availability. It's crazy at how much their tickets are in demand, and for good reason. I've been to, I wouldn't say a ton of shows, but an eclectic mix of artists and I've yet to anyone lay it down live, like they do. Their timing is unreal.

As for the APC album, it filled the void until the Tool album dropped I suppose. Not their best work, but I did enjoy it. Also enjoyed and agreed with much of message presented in the lyrics. I have this love/hate relationship with my interpretation of who Maynard is as a person, but I definitely admire his views on society as a whole.

The missing tracks on the album are just fillers between songs. Nothing major, but it does help the album flow between tracks. The girlfriend and I will be making a small road trip this weekend, so I'm hoping to be able to listen to it in it's entirety while driving.

Good luck on the tickets and let me know how it goes.

BTW, in the event that you didn't buy the limited edition album, I read somewhere they were printing more due to high demand but only a few will be printed and sold, but then there will be no more.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread