BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

08-12-2020, 07:24 AM   #1
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Russia’s new coronavirus vaccine

I guess this is what happenes in the pre-quel to I Am Legend.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...P37?ocid=ientp

Putin Approves

How well does it work?

Experts say they don’t really know how safe or effective the Sputnik V vaccine is.

According to Putin, the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and was shown to provide lasting immunity to the coronavirus. One of his own adult daughters has received the shot, he said.

“I know it has proven efficient and forms a stable immunity,” he said. “We must be grateful to those who made that first step very important for our country and the entire world.”
Appreciate 1
9M711232.50
      08-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #2
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

This is great news for the rest of the world as this unproven vaccine will be tested by lots of Russians and quickly. Most of the developed world won't take the risk of something going really wrong, we don't have to, have said we don't agree with it, and aren't responsible if it does go bad. I hope they are right and it works. Besides the normal risks, problem I saw it they then hoped to have 30 million doses by the end of the year? If true not even a dent in the world population.

We test vaccines by giving them to a relatively small group where have get the vaccine, half don't and we wait to see what happens or if the people get infected. Problem is a large part of this group may not get exposed quickly so it takes more time or a larger study. I read where it is much faster to give a small group a vaccine and then try to infect them. You quickly know if the vaccine works. Ethics/laws won't allow most to try to infect someone with a vaccine that might kill them. Does speed up the process....
      08-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
This is great news for the rest of the world as this unproven vaccine will be tested by lots of Russians and quickly. Most of the developed world won't take the risk of something going really wrong, we don't have to, have said we don't agree with it, and aren't responsible if it does go bad. I hope they are right and it works. Besides the normal risks, problem I saw it they then hoped to have 30 million doses by the end of the world? If true not even a dent in the world population.
Agreed for the most part but 2 questions:

1. How will we know it works? Russia's corona numbers are most likely going to go down, whether artificially or realistically

2. They will have 30 million doses by the end of the world? I'm quitting my job today and YOLO-ing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Does anyone in the civilized world take Putin at his word? It's like listening to North Korea say they've had just a couple cases and it's because someone snuck over from South Korea. Do you think any potential vaccine has gone through a complete trial after less than six months of it hitting the US? If so, I have a bridge in Moscow that I'm selling for cheap...
      08-12-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Does anyone in the civilized world take Putin at his word? It's like listening to North Korea say they've had just a couple cases and it's because someone snuck over from South Korea. Do you think any potential vaccine has gone through a complete trial after less than six months of it hitting the US? If so, I have a bridge in Moscow that I'm selling for cheap...
Who intentionally sneaks into North Korea?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

The news become trendy in a day and now there's no update. It's just another hoax.
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352338.50