BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #23
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperSYTFU View Post
Biggest reason blades will go dull is water.
I get a few weeks out of mine by making sure I dry them immediately after use.
Promise they will go longer than if you just toss them onto the shelf wet especially if you shave in the shower.

Like the look of Harry's Winston kit. May try it out.
I do shave in the shower but dry the blade off afterwards. The room is pretty humid though and I know that lessens their lifespan.

Switched to my second blade today after 10 days with the first so they do last me longer than the gillettes. Still shaved smoother than the gillette but it was a little irritating. New blade today, zero irritation, baby soft, wife approved.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

DE blades are comically cheap, I buy a hundred at a time and usually spend between $15 and $30. I use them for five days and toss them, you can get more, but why bother? I get about two years out of those hundred blades, or about the cost of two or three months worth of refill cartridges for a multi blade razor.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

I was sick and tired of paying for Gillett and started looking for a cheaper replacement. With Gillett I would also get a week, maybe a week and a half with the blade before it was usless. I dry it off soon as I am done and store it in a dry place etc etc. Nothing worked.

I found Wilkinson Sword Tech 4. I can get these at Walmart. 6$ for 4 cartridges and the razor itself is only 6$ and comes with 2 cartridges. Thats only 1.5$ a cartridge. I get 2 weeks or more out of them and takes less time to shave.

I can't beleive how much money I wasted on the Gillett product after finding the Wilkinson Sword brand.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Edwin Jagger DE89L along with Feather Blades

/thread
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

first thing that came to mind was that dollarshavecrap i tried it and those razors sucked big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
I was sick and tired of paying for Gillett and started looking for a cheaper replacement. With Gillett I would also get a week, maybe a week and a half with the blade before it was usless. I dry it off soon as I am done and store it in a dry place etc etc. Nothing worked.

I found Wilkinson Sword Tech 4. I can get these at Walmart. 6$ for 4 cartridges and the razor itself is only 6$ and comes with 2 cartridges. Thats only 1.5$ a cartridge. I get 2 weeks or more out of them and takes less time to shave.

I can't beleive how much money I wasted on the Gillett product after finding the Wilkinson Sword brand.
going to give these a try.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

I know some of you have since gotten the Harry's razor.

Curious to find out if you liked it.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I never liked the HeadBlade razors, but their shave lotion is pretty cool!

I too use the BM3, do face and head about every 3 days. Dragging the razor over a sheet of glass removes some of the tiny knicks that leads to bleeding on the face. I normally get about 3 weeks out of the GM3 blades with that and drying the blades.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #30
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
I know some of you have since gotten the Harry's razor.

Curious to find out if you liked it.
Ordered the Winston set yesterday. For $25, I've been meaning to try it out but it was low on the totem pole. Now that I'm down to my last few cartridges for my Mach 3....it was time to act.
      08-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #31
zgood4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMconcept View Post
+1 This is my set up also, cold water shave is awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #32
bolty
/r/trees
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
I use these. cheapest out there.
http://www.dorcousa.com/
+1 for the dorco's. By far the best value for the money.

I was a long time double edge safety razor advocate. I still think they are the most economical and give you the best shave but its not so convenient because the prep is time consuming.

I find that cartridge blade (especially the Gillette Mach3's) to be more than satisfactory, and convenient but they were just too expensive. That's till I found the Dorco's. The blades are great. I use their 3 or 4 blade cartridges and havent looked back since.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #33
haajehaa
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 LCI M-Sport

Straight razor ftw! Learn the technique and you'll never go back to the cartridge crap.

If you're not man enough get a safety (double edge) razor. Get a badger brush and some shaving cream and you're good to go for your best shave ever. I started a year ago with a safety razor and I now use a straight razor every morning. Saving money in the long run and no skin problems anymore!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #34
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by haajehaa View Post
Straight razor ftw! Learn the technique and you'll never go back to the cartridge crap.

If you're not man enough get a safety (double edge) razor. Get a badger brush and some shaving cream and you're good to go for your best shave ever. I started a year ago with a safety razor and I now use a straight razor every morning. Saving money in the long run and no skin problems anymore!
+1 Straight razors are the way to go for all of the above reasons. I still use my safety razor when I travel purely for convenience.
Appreciate 0