BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #45
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Poor people live in Orange County
Poor people live in LA
He owns a Carrera S

He should be able to manage financially.

I agree with one poster when they said LA lacks a downtown. LA was built around the time of car culture. Therefore, public transportation sucks and there's limited walkability. After visiting dense metro areas, LA sucks in comparison if you are thinking of exploring the city on foot.

I like the accessibility of Orange County. Though I don't mind walking, I do enjoy the ability to park in the general vicinity of where I will be shopping. Orange Country has a lot of outdoor malls or town centers to make living more convenient. However, a crappy part about Orange County is the dull feel of said town centers. I like mom and pop shops and chef owned restaurants. Living near the vanilla capital of the world, we lack a lot of those shops, however, they are slowly increasing in numbers which is nice.

Still can't believe people want more Apple Bees restaurants, haha. I am happy when those crappy places are replaced.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #46
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Being from Canada you probably wont even notice the pounding you'll get from California taxes.
Yeah except no free health care to show for it!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #47
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

I just came back from Orlando and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATED the experience. Hate the confusing toll roads. Hate how every store is mega-sized and everything is 10 miles away from each other. Hated the weather. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of this place. It's a completely night and day difference to LA.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #48
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
I just came back from Orlando and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATED the experience. Hate the confusing toll roads. Hate how every store is mega-sized and everything is 10 miles away from each other. Hated the weather. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of this place. It's a completely night and day difference to LA.
Who goes to Orlando?? Only thing in fucking Orlando is Disney and I'd rather go to hell. As for the weather, yeah it sucks, extra juicy.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:09 AM   #49
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Yeah except no free health care to show for it!
Americans don't need healthcare, that shits for pussies. All you need is a nice deep breath of that freedom smog to cure what ails you!!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #50
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Who goes to Orlando?? Only thing in fucking Orlando is Disney and I'd rather go to hell. As for the weather, yeah it sucks, extra juicy.
for work lol
Appreciate 0