BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: What are they?
Fake vids 4 12.50%
US Drones 0 0%
DOD skunk works airplanes 2 6.25%
Naval pilots radar got hacked 0 0%
UFO 26 81.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

10-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

UFO vids released by the Navy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...op-saying-ufo/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/polit...rnd/index.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...avy-2019-10-15

https://time.com/5680192/navy-confirms-ufo-videos-real/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-them-n1056201

Quote:
In December 2017, two videos emerged that showed Navy pilots encountering mysterious spherical objects that appeared, at first glance, to move through the air in ways that baffled experts. A third, released in March 2018, depicted a similar encounter.

Everyone who watched — including the pilots who filmed them — had the same question: What, exactly, are these things?

Last week, a Navy official publicly called these mysterious objects “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP),” giving name to the inscrutable little dots and reigniting scrutiny around the unidentified flying objects (a term the Navy does not want to use even though the objects that are flying cannot be identified.)
Any speculations would be too weird and probably even weirder than the vids themselves.

Here are some possibilities:

1. Vids are faked: confirmed by the Navy so not sure why they would fake the public (where are the UFO fake vid whistleblowers)
2. US Drone: if the HUD and radar info are accurate, no US drones can fly that fast.
3. Navy pilots being fooled by faked radar data being fed as part of the training: then the pilots would have found out during the debrief and there's no point of releasing the vids.
3. US anti-gravity tech: don't know of any that exists. Besides, anyone who possesses anti-gravity technology, he would probably already have ruled the world and enslave the entire world population by now.
4. Have no explanation for the underwater UFO.
4. Russian secret air crafts: unlikely the Russian would want to show off their latest and greatest right in front of a US Naval exercise.
5. StarTrek traveled back from the future.
6. GM testing the latest ZR1 lols.
7. It's the Truman show.

These two show an UFO accelerating at velocity that not possible with current propulsion technology (at least that's what the HUD info showed if it is accurate).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=6rWOtrke0HY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=tf1uLwUTDA0

This one appears to show something traveling either on the water surface or underwater at almost the same speed or faster as the F18 at Mach .61. Maybe it's Elon Musk modified speed boat doing a pre-Ring test lols. Seriously, if that thing is underwater, then there is nothing can go that fast today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wxVRg7LLaQA

Quote:
The official world water speed record is 275.97 knots (511.09 km./h, or 317.58 mph) by Ken Warby in the unlimited-class jet-powered hydroplane Spirit of Australia on Blowering Dam Lake, New South Wales, Australia, on 8 October 1978

Last edited by WestRace; 10-19-2019 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 12:13 AM   #2
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Well I did not read all the article, however if they don't know what it is then by definition they would be a UFO. Doesn't means it's aliens. Probably why they are trying to get away from the term UFO since most people associate it with aliens and Giorgio Tsoukalos.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 02:04 AM   #3
WestRace
Major
Rep

If the unidentified object was a conventional aircraft or even experimental aircraft or drones, my guess they would have be able to figure it out eventually. It was supposedly seen by multiple pilots and it was not the first time since there were multiple sightings and these are just scratching the surface. The fact that they couldn't figure it out is a bit troubling.

It is unlikely a US experimental unman aircraft with some top secret or out of this world technology since who in the world would show off such technology in the middle of a Naval air exercise? Even then, is there any existing propulsion technology that allows for that kind of acceleration? The most advance propulsion we have is the ram jet but it's still in experimental phase and it takes all sort of supporting to get it up the air. It's not something that you can just take out for a quick ride.

If it were an Russian aircraft or Russian drone and for whatever reason the Navy couldn't figure it out, boy, we are in trouble. And since the airspace was used for the Naval exercise, any foreign intruders would have been spotted long before it could have a chance entered the area that is unless the Navy wasn't doing its job or the object possesses some type of technology that cannot be detected by conventional radar.

But then the alien UFO explanation is just as unlikely and it is even more far-fetched than any of those above possibilities.

Another explanation that a little more down to earth is that the pilots were just seeing false radar data but then these were not isolated incidents so it's not likely either.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 02:19 AM   #4
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Clearly all weather balloons.

UFO’s/aliens are us from the future/past using time travel obviously. I’m a believer!

About three months ago I spotted this floating object around the Dade (Miami)/Broward (Ft. Laudy) border. Blurry as hell but to me I saw a UFO hovering in the sky with lights around it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 02:44 AM   #5
WestRace
Major
Rep

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ufo-sightings/

Quote:
In some cases, pilots — many of whom are engineers and academy graduates — claimed to observe small spherical objects flying in formation. Others say they’ve seen white, Tic Tac-shaped vehicles. Aside from drones, all engines rely on burning fuel to generate power, but these vehicles all had no air intake, no wind and no exhaust.
Is that the tic-tac in War Game lols.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national...-ufo-incidents

Quote:
Having worked closely with Navy pilots, I can also confirm that this breed of military aviator has a particularly unique sense of humor. Therefore, it is possible that Fravor and his colleagues are embellishing technical glitches with tall tales of out-of-this-world encounters. But while CDR Fravor freely admits (in a particularly entertaining anecdote) to occasionally terrifying hapless desert campers into becoming full-blown UFO believers, it is relatively unlikely that he and so many of his fellow aviators are pulling off the prank of the century (hats off, of course, to CDR Fravor and his buddies if they are).
This vid was supposedly came from that sighting. It would even be more cool if the F18 was inverted on top of the UFO.

Last edited by WestRace; 10-20-2019 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #6
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I have been watching this unfold for awhile. Apparently former frontman for Blink 182...Tom Delonge is now dedicated to getting"world leaders" to come forward and explain themselves.

I've seen all the shows....a former AATIP guy who's supposedly gone rogue, and interviews with the pilots from the Nimitz. Crazy videos showing objects that move from sea level to 70Kft in just a couple of seconds. No one according to physics as we currently understand them would survive the "G's" pulled in a maneuver like that.

Then there is this (below). Navy applying for a patent for a new propulsion system.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en
      10-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #7
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List

Seriously though, I was within 500 feet of a triangular phenomenon one evening back in the 1980's. It blew the aftermarket stereo in my VW Rabbit out! There was local newspaper coverage the next morning, and I spoke with other people who also saw it that night. I can't tell you what it was, but their behavior seemed suspicious...like they wanted to be seen.....
      10-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #8
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

[thinking about how old stealth aircraft tech must be given how long it has been declassified/visible]

What do we have that is classified?
What do others have, that we prob know about, but don’t want to disclose?

Is there any better way to explain sightings of classified stuff than to bundle it up as UFO sightings? People no longer seem to be afraid of the idea of alien visits.

@vreihen16 I had a similar flyover at very low altitude of something black, triangular and fast. Around 1982/3. Assumed it was something classified (was dusk so hard to see, terrain hid it fast, too). Later decided it must have been stealth bomber.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #9
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
People no longer seem to be afraid of the idea of alien visits.
Why? If all these sighting are alien UFOs then the little bastards don't seem to be doing much other than joy ridding around and taking a couple hillbillies now and then for some anal probage.

If they are planning an attack to enslave us then wtf are we gonna do about it anyways? We can't even solve our own problems we are going to defeat some aliens with super advanced technology ala independence day?
Appreciate 2
2000cs3443.50
vreihen1614882.00
      10-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #10
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

im ready for many years for taken away by aliens..
      10-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #11
WestRace
Major
Rep

Yeah, the UFO angle is too good to be true. It's like Navy version of April fools jokes. I mean these vids are authentic Navy F18 captures being confirmed by the US Navy, not from some UFO nuts. But if the accounts from these pilots are indeed true, then there is nothing on this planet that could do that.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #12
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Off topic confession: 1996 Independence Day movie, seen it with my wife (1st movie date)

I got teary eyed watching "Bill Pullman" make the speech before the contour attack @ the last military base

Theresa reminds me all the time she was 1" of dumping me and continues to bring it up when we see a movie

Theresa: Jake, please don't cry, your a big boy...

Toy story 3, good will hunting, million dollar baby and Marley & me (to name a few) I guess I'm a softy when it comes to movies

Back to topic: yes I BELIEVE, we're like the last tribe in the Amazon still using sticks and rocks and they are like the government of Brazil that keeps an eye on us and careful not to spook us
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #13
WestRace
Major
Rep

I wonder what if the Navy accidentally blows the sh$t one of these things out of the water ... wars of the world.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #14
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I wonder what if the Navy accidentally blows the sh$t one of these things out of the water ... wars of the world.
Maybe they should. At least put a decent freaking camera on the damn thing. A little nikon has 85x zoom. We could of seen the fucking aliens scales!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #15
WestRace
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Maybe they should. At least put a decent freaking camera on the damn thing. A little nikon has 85x zoom. We could of seen the fucking aliens scales!!
Yeah, it would be awesome seeing a little green man wiggling on an autopsy table. Let me guess ... no cock :-) I'd say pay per view.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 04:10 AM   #16
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Fake, like your OP Capricorn

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 06:50 AM   #17
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
As with any extreme advances in military technology, we...the lay public, don't know crap.

Look for clues and for things that are missing. Best example is SR-71 retired. What the heck replaced. Then you see reports of "Aurora" contrails.

The stories of the T-3s have been around for a long time and while they don't fit the description of what the Navy calls a UAP in this case, they are definitely in the Unknown/Unidentified classification.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
2000cs3443.50
      10-21-2019, 11:22 AM   #18
WestRace
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
As with any extreme advances in military technology, we...the lay public, don't know crap.

Look for clues and for things that are missing. Best example is SR-71 retired. What the heck replaced. Then you see reports of "Aurora" contrails.

The stories of the T-3s have been around for a long time and while they don't fit the description of what the Navy calls a UAP in this case, they are definitely in the Unknown/Unidentified classification.
I don't care whichever super secret aircraft on this earth, nothing can come even close to what described by the pilot accounts, of course given the pilots accounts are accurate. For example, the infrared capture shows absolutely no heat exhaust on these crafts. Every single aircraft on this planet has some type of exhaust contrails.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #19
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I don't care whichever super secret aircraft on this earth, nothing can come even close to what described by the pilot accounts, of course given the pilots accounts are accurate. For example, the infrared capture shows absolutely no heat exhaust on these crafts. Every single aircraft on this planet has some type of exhaust contrails.
Heat signature. Not exhaust contrails.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #20
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Theres an article here on Delonge and how he came to form the ttsa, the meetings he went to with the heads of skunkworks, nasa, and the pentagon, and what he learned.

Cliff-notes seem to be the High ups he met agreed it was time for disclosure,they confirmed ufo crashes since the 40s, a life form they communicated with during the cold War that was able to turn on and off nuclear weapons, etc.

My take from all this is that they are realising it's becoming harder to hide anything now that space is on the verge of becoming open to all.

The longer version is hard to believe, but Delonge never wavers on any of this, and confirms its been told to him by the highest up there is. Some things he says are:

(Not my personal views, but his words.)

1. Our civilization is and has been manipulated and messed with by what can be interpreted as "gods".

2. It's been going on for awhile.

3. They use religion to pit us humans against one another.

4. They have repeatedly, purposefully and, strategically delivered technological revolutions to humans in the form of UFO crashes.

5. Technology provided to humans was intended to further arm us in our efforts to kill each other.

6. It was during the cold war that humans became aware to these gods and their manipulations.

7. Since then we have worked tirelessly to invent our own technologies and strategies to defend and fight against these gods.

8. In doing so we have "cracked new propulsion means" and are currently building on that.

9. The American people should be extremely proud of our defense department and contractors that have made such leaps in technology and should support them in these endeavors.

10. Through art and technology TTSA is a platform that can gently expose the public to this larger reality and therefore assisting in uniting us as a species in support of our global defense.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...info-operation
      10-21-2019, 02:20 PM   #21
WestRace
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Heat signature. Not exhaust contrails.
Same thing. Too much semantics for me. You obviously got too much time.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #22
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Not really...
Appreciate 1