BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

02-04-2022, 11:01 PM   #1
Dnxje
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 550i

N54 535

What is the cheapest way to get 500 horsepower to the crank in an e60 535i? I can imagine it's similar to the route of any other n54 but I'm not totally familiar with the platform. Will 500 be enough get up for the 535? My goal is to be scatpack, 5.0, ish territory. Suggestions?
      02-05-2022, 06:02 PM   #2
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnxje View Post
What is the cheapest way to get 500 horsepower to the crank in an e60 535i? I can imagine it's similar to the route of any other n54 but I'm not totally familiar with the platform. Will 500 be enough get up for the 535? My goal is to be scatpack, 5.0, ish territory. Suggestions?
No cheap way to get bulletproof 500 crank.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
Dnxje
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Meaning there's only one way or what. What's the bare minimum that has to be done to reach 500. I want guaranteed 500.
      02-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #4
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Meaning there's only one way or what. What's the bare minimum that has to be done to reach 500. I want guaranteed 500.
You can simply increase the boost, add cat-less downpipes, and add a high flow intake. Don't go over 20PSI boost with the stock turbos. You may get high 400 hp to crank, but it may not be reliable. Charge pipe may crack, will lose HP as the intake air heats up without a better FMIC, may get some Miss-fires without better coils, etc.. Adding Meth injection will require an updated charge pipe, but is not that expensive to do and, with the first three upgrades, should get you to your HP goal. Again, for long term reliability, should upgrade the FMIC, turbo intake and outlets, upgrade coils, and install lower temperature spark plugs.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 06:39 PM   #5
Dnxje
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can simply increase the boost, add cat-less downpipes, and add a high flow intake. Don't go over 20PSI boost with the stock turbos. You may get high 400 hp to crank, but it may not be reliable. Charge pipe may crack, will lose HP as the intake air heats up without a better FMIC, may get some Miss-fires without better coils, etc.. Adding Meth injection will require an updated charge pipe, but is not that expensive to do and, with the first three upgrades, should get you to your HP goal. Again, for long term reliability, should upgrade the FMIC, turbo intake and outlets, upgrade coils, and install lower temperature spark plugs..
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can simply increase the boost, add cat-less downpipes, and add a high flow intake. Don't go over 20PSI boost with the stock turbos. You may get high 400 hp to crank, but it may not be reliable. Charge pipe may crack, will lose HP as the intake air heats up without a better FMIC, may get some Miss-fires without better coils, etc.. Adding Meth injection will require an updated charge pipe, but is not that expensive to do and, with the first three upgrades, should get you to your HP goal. Again, for long term reliability, should upgrade the FMIC, turbo intake and outlets, upgrade coils, and install lower temperature spark plugs..
What are efficient ways to increase boost?

Increase boost, Catless DPs, && high flow intake.
Charge pipe, FMIC, coils, spark plugs, turbo intake and outlet.
And this all for a safe/relatively reliable 430+ crank. That'll put me in the 370-380 ballpark to the wheels right?
      02-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #6
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And this all for a safe/relatively reliable 430+ crank. That'll put me in the 370-380 ballpark to the wheels right?
Get a JB4, BM3, etc
Appreciate 1
Dnxje1.00
      02-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #7
Dnxje
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get a JB4.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get a JB4.
Sounds good. Appreciate it bro
      02-05-2022, 07:06 PM   #8
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get a JB4.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get a JB4.
Sounds good. Appreciate it bro
Good luck. I have an E60 535 6MT and did the mods. Fun and fast. Would love to hear what you do and how it goes. Regards.
Appreciate 1
Dnxje1.00