BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #1
ColoBimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528Xi

Lci professional radio to cic retrofit

Hi all, first post here.
I recently came into possession of a wrecked 2010 LCI 5 series. I have a 08 LCI 528 currently, and I am wondering what the process would be to retrofit a CIC with nav to a non-nav car. I know I need an updated controller, screen, gps antennae and wiring, and the usb wiring and port. Is there anything else I need besides coding? I keep seeing something about an emulator needed to run CIC as well, or switching around cabling on the CIC unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 08:10 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoBimmer View Post
Hi all, first post here.
I recently came into possession of a wrecked 2010 LCI 5 series. I have a 08 LCI 528 currently, and I am wondering what the process would be to retrofit a CIC with nav to a non-nav car. I know I need an updated controller, screen, gps antennae and wiring, and the usb wiring and port. Is there anything else I need besides coding? I keep seeing something about an emulator needed to run CIC as well, or switching around cabling on the CIC unit.
You're not likely to get many responses here as this forum is basically dead except for for sale ads. My recommendation though is just to replace it with an android head unit that will give you far more functionality. I have a CIC head unit in my 2010 e60–it's extremely antiquated by todays standards. With an android head unit, you'll get CarPlay and android auto.
Appreciate 0