BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

12-25-2023, 03:09 PM   #1
Cruwil
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

LM1 to LM2 Fog Light problems

Hey,
I recently changed from LM1 to LM2 and retrofitted xenon lights with leveling sensors and everything works perfectly except the front fog lights. In the process I had to change the car VO code from pre lci to lci.

The problem is while the key is on and turning on front fog lights, the front fog lights stay on for couple seconds and then the front fog lights turn off. After they turn off the rear fog lights turn on. If the car is running I'm able to turn on the front fog lights but can't turn them off (They go off if I turn the key off). The rear fog lights work normally.

The light switch is not broken since I've tested it with my old one.

Is this faulty light module or just some coding error? Could there be different wiring on LM1 and LM2 from the fog light?

How should I proceed with this, has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? Thank you.

EDIT: the error codes I get are 9CB0 LM: Light switch faulty (position 2) and 9CAF LM: Light switch faulty (position 1)

Last edited by Cruwil; 12-26-2023 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0