BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #67
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi330xi View Post
Locally some dumbass 17 yr old did this to some unsuspecting guy using a stungun, but the guy had a conceal and carry permit and shot the kid in the ass as he ran in fear.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._out_brut.html
Yeah the kid was playing Russian roulette in that case. He spun the barrel and did not know which one had the bullet with his name on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #68
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
hypothetical here. What if a kid one punches me and I fall to the ground. I'm not completely KO'ed and I reach for my gun and point it at the kid. The kid sees the gun, gets scared and starts to run off. Is it still self defense if I shoot him in the ass while he's running off? Can carrying really prevent something like this from happening?
let put it this way, police shoot fleeing criminal all the the time and in the back.

However to your point, you say nothing to the police and get a lawyer very fast and one who specially deals with self defense shootings. Because you could simple state you were in fear for your life and you shot at the person, you can not help if turned before the bullet hit him.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #69
turb0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 x5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
let put it this way, police shoot fleeing criminal all the the time and in the back.

However to your point, you say nothing to the police and get a lawyer very fast and one who specially deals with self defense shootings. Because you could simple state you were in fear for your life and you shot at the person, you can not help if turned before the bullet hit him.
Lol, do not listen to this.

Just don't shoot someone when they are running away. Self defense only applies to protect yourself (or others) from imminent harm and/or battery. I'm pretty sure you will have a much harder time proving that he immediately turned his ass when you pulled the trigger than him proving he was running away.
e92 JB/CR 335 // CF GTR Hood // CF HM Splittters // CF Ericcsson Trunk // CF HM Quad Diffuser // Shadowline Trim // Matte Black 19" Vortex VT996 // JB Reflectors // Black Grills // 20% Tint // JB3 2.0 // DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #70
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Isn't there a saying that goes something like "shoot them outside, drag them inside".
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #71
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

11-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #72
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Also, what are you going to do with your fists here that can't be done with a gun? What if there were two of them? Three? Four? What if they have a gun of their own? What if you're in a gas station that some goons decide to hold up? Are you going to drink a protein shake, tear off your MMA shirt and come over the counter at them with your "natural defenses?"

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #73
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

This f*cking makes me sick. Videos and reports like this do not help the black community at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #74
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Rarely am I out and about without my boy...., the punk would lose his arm at best.

Though I'd love to see one of these cowards try....
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #75
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
This f*cking makes me sick. Videos and reports like this do not help the black community at all.
Those black kids don't help the black community as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #76
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Rarely am I out and about without my boy...., the punk would lose his arm at best.

Though I'd love to see one of these cowards try....
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #77
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
That's just it though, anyone who trains to CC a gun knows that it is just as much about mental preparation and putting yourself in a certain state of mind as being good with your weapon. That's why we train under stress when possible. I can guarantee that CC'ers here to include myself are *quite* aware when out and about. We haven't lost our instincts either, you know, as if our earplugs never come out and we see everything through amber lenses. Two different types of defenses (which aren't mutually exclusive).

Also, what are you going to do with your fists here that can't be done with a gun? What if there were two of them? Three? Four? What if they have a gun of their own? What if you're in a gas station that some goons decide to hold up? Are you going to drink a protein shake, tear off your MMA shirt and come over the counter at them with your "natural defenses?"
LOL, I lost it at "tear off your MMA shirt."

Excuse me but, it's a Tapout shirt to be more specific.

On the internet, everyone is an octagon champ.
      11-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #78
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
+1

This can perpetuate an unneccesary acute awareness of people when I'm simply walking down the street with a few of my buddies.

Black guy walking down street with friends = potential thug, gang member, knockout suspect, etc...

My people (I'm of African-American descent) are really fucking it up for the rest of the educated, African-American, law abiding citizens that actually contribute to society.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #79
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
+1

This can perpetuate an unneccesary acute awareness of people when I'm simply walking down the street with a few of my buddies.

Black guy walking down street with friends = potential thug, gang member, knockout suspect, etc...

My people (I'm of African-American descent) are really fucking it up for the rest of the educated, African-American, law abiding citizens that actually contribute to society.
Summarized my thoughts and feelings 100%.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #80
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
And everyone on the internet is Dirty Harry. Most who carry a gun never even get the chance to use it. Developing your fighting skills is clearly more practical. Be happy to spar with any of you if you get down to the Ft Lauderdale area. Just leave that paper weights at home. Can’t have someone shooting their nads off in the gym.

Why stop with hand to hand training, why not train yourself in weapons as well? I see no advantage in limiting myself. I'm 28 and my gun has already saved my life once, from three attackers( one of whom was armed with a crowbar)and I didn't even have to fire , just drawing it did the trick. I have a friend who had a similar experience as well. And the fire extinguisher analogy holds true: I would rather have it and not need it, than not have it and need it!

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #81
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
there's not many left after the Huxtables dissapeared HAHAHAHA !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #82
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
there's not many left after the Huxtables dissapeared HAHAHAHA !!!!!
Really though! Now we get BET (Black Entertainment Television) and WSHH to be the voice of black folk.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore and I'm sure Mr. Cosby agrees haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #83
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Really though! Now we get BET (Black Entertainment Television) and WSHH to be the voice of black folk.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore and I'm sure Mr. Cosby agrees haha.
I hate to say it, but I agree. The mass majority has ruined it for those who have actually strived to change things, but the most prominent picture discounts the smaller pictures that make a difference. You know the saying, one bad egg can ruin a whole carton, but when 1/2 the carton is rotten, you can only blame the farm.

Straight up, I would give it to Rudy Huxtable all night long and then sing her a sweet song.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #84
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
And everyone on the internet is Dirty Harry. Most who carry a gun never even get the chance to use it. Developing your fighting skills is clearly more practical. Be happy to spar with any of you if you get down to the Ft Lauderdale area. Just leave that paper weights at home. Can’t have someone shooting their nads off in the gym.
Get the chance? I pray to God, Vishnu, Buddha, whoever, that I NEVER have to draw my gun on another human being. If I never have to use it then FANTASTIC! But in the meantime it is there if I need it and if I need to beat someone's ass instead then I can do that too.

It is up to each and every individual to determine what they need for their protection. Don't try to tell me what is appropriate for mine. You seem satisfied with your fighting skills and I say super. I carry a gun because the bad guys have guns, and in my city there are a lot of bad guys. But to that note, we don't see our guns as replacements for body training or other forms of defense. As I said before the two aren't mutually exclusive things. It's just one more layer of preparation, not a choice that must be made.

Last edited by PINeely; 11-20-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #85
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #86
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep