BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation If You Want HORROR And To Be Scared $hitless...

Watch this film asap at night in the dark (of course) and get back to me here in this thread...

I am a avid movie buff and used to review/critic movies as a hobby online.

I enjoy horror movies. Not the ridiculous BS that comes out of Hollywood 90% of the time. If you're interested, I can list some of my fav Scariest.
Those of you who watched the original Evil Dead in the 80's may recall it was VERY scary and over the top compared to anything made at that time. Well this remake which has the star of the original: Bruce Campbell executive producing as well as Sam Rami (who is an icon in the horror genre), is so unsettling and unnerving (the word scary doesn't apply) that many people walked out of the theater and even reports of a fainting or two at the theater.

Think I'm simply blowing hot air? Do a simple google search and see what critics have to say:

Quote:
Evil Dead, circa 2013, is produced by the first film’s director Sam Raimi (The Grudge, Spiderman, Drag Me To Hell, Spartacus) as well as the man who starred in the original (Bruce Campbell). As such, the new film has a reverence for the classic original, while still pushing the envelope to the furthest reaches of fear.

In the film, a group of five friends heads to a remote cabin to help one of their own get off some serious drugs. At first when she has visions, they just discount it as one of the awful symptoms of withdrawal. But, as they begin seeing these horrors on their own… it is too late.

Jane Levy impresses as the main character, and she is surrounded by a cast that is up for raising their game. That’s a very good thing, since the original film is so beloved. Director Fede Alvarez is a huge fan of the first film, and it shows on every frame. Simply watch the Evil Dead trailer and it is easy to see this is simultaneously a love letter to the Raimi film, and also one that seeks to step out on its own.

The Blu-Ray and DVD bonus materials astound. Simply watching it, you will marvel at what the cast had to go through to get physically and mentally ready for the picture. That is explored on Making Life Difficult and witnessing the cast and crew and everything they went through to get the movie made.
*UNCUT Red Band Trailer*

07-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Yea saw this last weekend. Scariest shit if seen in a while. Good plot and not corny like most movies on this type.
      07-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I LOVE horror movies. Going to get this. Will probably have to sleep at a friends house or with the light on. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I don't get it - why do people like horror movies?

Is it because it makes their life seem less stressful / bad / whatever they are feeling? Genuine question. I hate, HATE horror movies. I don't want to be thinking of that crap as I fall asleep.

Plus I sleepwalk - who knows what imaginative things my stupid brain would come up with if I did, probably be throwing myself literally across the room trying to avoid (insert whatever horrifying thing the movie was about here).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Horror movies don't bother me (impossible for me to get scared) because I was taught very young that there is no such thing as a human or animal that can take gunshots and keep coming as in the movies "Friday the 13th". I have access to a 20mm rifle I am willing to bet would stop anything on Earth, including a Rhino, moving bus, etc... Anti-aircraft/tank firearms are amazing! So are Barrett 50BMG 20 inch semi-auto rifles.

A 20mm round is so strong it would tear a 12 foot tall grizzley's head clean off. It would split a full male lion in half. lol And yes we use these as anti-tank weapons too.

I also do not believe in ghosts, spirits, and all myth creatures.

Last edited by Endless619; 07-25-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Horror movies don't bother me (impossible for me to get scared) because I was taught very young that there is no such thing as a human or animal that can take gunshots and keep coming as in the movies "Friday the 13th". I have access to a 20mm rifle I am willing to bet would stop anything on Earth, including a Rhino, moving bus, etc... Anti-aircraft/tank firearms are amazing! So are Barrett 50BMG 20 inch semi-auto rifles.

A 20mm round is so strong it would tear a 12 foot tall grizzley's head clean off. It would split a full male lion in half. lol And yes we use these as anti-tank weapons too.

I also do not believe in ghosts, spirits, and all myth creatures.
I would cast you in my next horror movie, you'd be perfect...and probably the first to die!

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Is it because it makes their life seem less stressful / bad / whatever they are feeling? Genuine question. I hate, HATE horror movies. I don't want to be thinking of that crap as I fall asleep.

Plus I sleepwalk - who knows what imaginative things my stupid brain would come up with if I did, probably be throwing myself literally across the room trying to avoid (insert whatever horrifying thing the movie was about here).
I love the feeling of being scared (only when watching tv) and so wrapped up in "whats next" suspense that it gives me.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
I would cast you in my next horror movie, you'd be perfect...and probably the first to die!
LMAO... Kids.... Horror movies are so petty... And I am almost certain this site is M3post not standard 335i post...LMAO...

OP: Movie was not scary at all. I laughed as much as I did in Rat Race and White Chicks.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
LMAO... Kids.... Horror movies are so petty... And I am almost certain this site is M3post not standard 335i post...LMAO...

OP: Movie was not scary at all. I laughed as much as I did in Rat Race and White Chicks.
The off topic section is the same for each forum, whether it's e90post or M3post. It's in the Universal forum.

Funny how people still don't realize that when trying to troll...
      07-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I saw this last week with my wife...purposely left only one lamp on in the entire house to add to the thrill. Let's just say she was scared or grossed out by the gore, I wasn't really...the movie is okay. Insidious jacked me up more! lol Never saw the first one, but this version was predictable for me. Slept just fine that night.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #11
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

This is a fantastic movie. Please provide your top favorites. I would love to watch if I have not seem. I am a pretty big horror buff.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you say so friend. If you find anything funny in the above trailer filled with graphic violence, blood, and gore, I'd be more concerned with your sense of humor...
      07-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The off topic section is the same for each forum, whether it's e90post or M3post. It's in the Universal forum.

Funny how people still don't realize that when trying to troll...
T H I S.

Oh and FYI for trolls of you, I mean those of you who don't realize:

The Off Topic forum on this website is tied into multiple forums! Example: I posted this thread on 7post.com in the Off Topic forum. But as the intelligent guy above stated, this is OFF TOPIC.
A bit of advice I've used and will continue: See a post that you either can't contribute and or would otherwise flame or start some shit, best to just ignore it.
      07-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Can't speak for the masses but here's my reply/take:

I personally find some not all horror movies entertaining. Why? Like any other genre of film, it has a certain level of entertainment that I can appreciate. I'm a middle aged married guy with 2 small children fyi. Ironically as a child, I didn't care for scary movies for the obvious reasons. But when they are done well, they are as entertaining as any of my favorite other movies: action, comedy, sci-fi etc.
Now why has there been a huge rash of horror films dating back to the last 5-7yrs particularly? Simple. $$$ They generate ca$h! Even when they suck. Folks I believe find them to be a "release" or maybe the feeling of fear like an amusement park ride or a dare, can be somewhat exhilarating.

List of my favorite/recommended Horror films in no particular order:

Alien
The Ring
The Exorcist
Halloween (John Carpenter)
The Thing (John Carpenter)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original 1974)
Ju-On (the movie The Grudge is based on which too is great)
The Mist
Invasion of The Body Snatchers (original)
Rec (2007)
Orphan
The Descent
Audition (Asian horror)
Session 9

Just some off the top of my head.
      07-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Yessssssss hahahahaha
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Alien
The Ring
The Exorcist
Halloween (John Carpenter)
The Thing (John Carpenter)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original 1974)
Ju-On (the movie The Grudge is based on which too is great)
The Mist
Invasion of The Body Snatchers (original)
Rec (2007)
Orphan
The Descent
Audition (Asian horror)
Session 9

Just some off the top of my head.
What about Aliens?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

This movie is not nearly as scary as The Conjouring nor The Exorcist (the one that came out in 2000 i think). I had trouble sleeping after these two.

I slept like a baby after "evil dead", although it is suspenseful at times like every other horror movie.

Then again this is my opinion, and peoples opinions vary a lot in movie tastes.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

After I rented the original exorcist when I was very young with my sister and my mom I stopped watching. I still remember my sister running upstairs and screaming for our dad who wouldn't watch it after she saw that fuckn face.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

I saw it, I wasnt impressed. Its more blood than scary but I wouldnt say it sucked either.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What about Aliens?
Aliens is way beyond horror. I don't consider it scary but VERY entertaining!
In fact it is in my Top 20 Greatest Movies of ALL Time!
I've probably watched Aliens over 50 times. It is a "SciFi Masterpiece".
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
Kauro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
this made my night LOL!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

So after seeing this thread yesterday I was at the grocery store and stopped at the redbox and rented Evil Dead.... I got to the part where the nurse girl gets possessed and pees on her self and I turned it off and watched Airplane repo on Discovery Channel instead. That movie was so stupid and not scary. More gross and a bad story line.
Appreciate 0