BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #45
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i don't hate apple because they've priced their products out of my reach, quite the contrary. i hate the "iAttitude"...the snoodiness and that absolutely obnoxious smug that is a byproduct of most apple owners. i've had an iphone before, i hated it because it was hard to get anything done on it without a keyboard. i hate people that are buttluv macs because they think they own a superior piece of machinery...they don't. the operator determines the effectiveness of the computer...the hardware just enhances the operator's capabilities. i can get tons more done quicker on a PC, not to mention i have the flexibility to change the way my computer functions by simply changing the internals...it's like modding a car. macs are not the savior of the internet generation, they're just a pretty little machine with kute buttons and icons that makes people feel awesome. apple did an absolutely BRILLIANT marketing campaign by tapping into that generation of people that want to feel like they belong to something on another level. still doesn't change the fact that most of the world still uses PCs despite an aggressive smear marketing campaign apple has ran. OH...shall we not forget who saved apple from being another defunct brand? none other than the creator of microsoft himself, mr. bill gates.

I'm replying to your post because it's the most passionate in the thread, and somewhat relevant to my input. The Mac vs. PC debate on hardware terms is now moot, as Macs ARE PCs. PC hardware for all intents and purposes is now a commodity. The real differences start to become apparent at the OS level. Personally, as a Unix Sysadmin by profession, I prefer Mac OS to Windows, but this is just a personal preference as both operating systems can be used to accomplish the same goals. Windows still has more applications readily available for it, so from the functional perspective I certainly can't begrudge anyone who chooses to use Windows.

As far as the Microsoft vs. Apple debate, both companies have done some pretty despicable sh1t (DRM for instance), so there's really nothing in it there either.

As far as the iPhone vs. * goes, the iPhone is possibly the best phone out there for those who don't need that tactile feedback that a keypad can give. For those folks who text often, touch screen typing is just a nuisance. Those users should seriously consider a Blackberry Bold or other similar device. I think as far as the iPhone's OS goes, Android has the potential to be an equal if not better platform in the long run, but it's just not there yet. The T-Mobile G1 has a lot of promise, in that it runs Android and it has a functional QWERTY keyboard. If both Android and the HTC hardware that runs it was just that bit more polished, then it would indeed by a serious competitor to the iPhone.

OS/Corporate zealots miss out on all the wonderful technology that the world has to offer. What zealots often don't realize is that competition between two companies such as Microsoft and Apple helps lead to technological advances. Pragmatism on the part of the consumer helps fuel that market. Bottom line...

Go with what works best for you to meet your needs, and let others do the same without bashing their choices.

BTW Blake, I'm not directing this at you.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #46
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
your post scored 0/100 sense points
LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #47
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
and yes, i need to get out of town sometime soon. my neighbor just recertified CFI so i'm gonna get him to do my biennial training. it's been a while, i'm probably a bit rusty.
You know what they say, "like getting back on a bicycle"
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #48
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
You know what they say, "like getting back on a bicycle"
or your girlfriend