BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #23
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arben72 View Post
-40 That's my suby high centered in 3ft of snow. We got through the worst of it.
-40!!! That is ridiculously cold!

The coldest I've ever experienced is about 25 F and that was unbearable..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #24
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What in God's name are you doing there...

They tell me I'm a security guard, but all I do is push buttons and open doors for people. Military duty station.
      01-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #25
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

The global warming folks are still trapped in the ice in Antartica, but parts of Australia are going to reach 50C (122F) tomorrow??? I think Mom Earth is PISSED! Or a meteor is on it's way and she's changing the climate to match the new dominant life force of the planet.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #26
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The global warming folks are still trapped in the ice in Antartica, but parts of Australia are going to reach 50C (122F) tomorrow??? I think Mom Earth is PISSED! Or a meteor is on it's way and she's changing the climate to match the new dominant life force of the planet.
Dude, you didn't get the memo? After the failed Global Warming and Climate Change that scared no one it's now Climate Extremes!!!.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #27
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudamang View Post
75 degrees here in San Diego today. Having lived in NYC and CT, I feel for you guys. Hope you stay warm while I turn on the AC in the car haha. Sometimes I forget why I paid such a high premium for real estate but when it's 75 in January, I remember why...
Went there for new years. Literally it was the perfect weather!! This coming from a bay area guy. Seriously considering moving there.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #28
BASTOS HUMARUROT 335i
New BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: No Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post
I experienced the coldest in VT around -5'F in last week of Dec. Today's temp in NYC is the coldest in 100years 3'F or -16'C. I walked like 4 blocks this morning and felt the pinch of cold on my face. Other than that it is manageable.
When I hopped into the E92 335i early this AM, it read 2 degree fahrenheit. The dash also showed low tire pressure on my two front wheels. WTF!? This is from a brand new set of OEM BMW rims with RFT that's nitrofilled. Didn't bother driving the car and used the X5 instead. Called BMW of Silver Spring regarding the matter and was told by my SA that it's normal to have nitrogen air leaks because of the current inclement weather. The X5 isn't nitrofilled and suffers from no air leak. Quite disappointed at spending money on nitrofilling. Lesson learned: NO MORE NITROFILL FOR ME!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #29
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTOS HUMARUROT 335i View Post
When I hopped into the E92 335i early this AM, it read 2 degree fahrenheit. The dash also showed low tire pressure on my two front wheels. WTF!? This is from a brand new set of OEM BMW rims with RFT that's nitrofilled. Didn't bother driving the car and used the X5 instead. Called BMW of Silver Spring regarding the matter and was told by my SA that it's normal to have nitrogen air leaks because of the current inclement weather. The X5 isn't nitrofilled and suffers from no air leak. Quite disappointed at spending money on nitrofilling. Lesson learned: NO MORE NITROFILL FOR ME!
Your tires probably lost pressure because gas has less pressure the colder it gets. Nitrofilling isn't the issue, in fact air is about 80% nitrogen and tends to behave exactly like pure N2. Sounds like your dealer is BSing you a bit.
Appreciate 0