BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #23
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
A lot of folks with God complexes here. It is in God's hands, He will decide his fate.

Fortunately for Michael, the dedicated medical staff in France dont agree with that, and thus busted their asses during the course of several procedures which are the only reason he still has any heartbeat at all today.
      01-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #24
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post

Fortunately for Michael, the dedicated medical staff in France dont agree with that, and thus busted their asses during the course of several procedures which are the only reason he still has any heartbeat at all today.
Alternately it was god that made sure that medical team was on call to assit him

Unless you think if god was going to help, he'd come down and fix him personally?
      01-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #25
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
+1.

ALL F1 drivers are certainly a different breed than "normal" people, especially when it comes to risk. They know every time they get in the race car they are once again putting themselves in the position of potentially depriving their children the opportunity to grow up with a father (much more than the average person does when they go to work), yet they do so anyway. That doesnt mean they love their kids less, it just proves that the fire they have burning inside them is too intense to be denied, despite the dampening effect that having kids would have on lots of other people. He didnt un-retire because he couldnt make the mortgage payment.

Not to minimize the hardship that anyone endures when they find themselves in a wheelchair, but I'd bet the degree to which Michael would feel constrained or oppressed by life in a wheelchair would probably exceed that of, say, an accountant or someone like that. Michaels "need for speed", or whatever you want to call it, burns far more intensely. Reminds me of the other quote from Top Gun, he wont be happy unless he's going mach 2 with his hair on fire.

i agree. it's kinda like paul walker. obviously he didn't die by his control, but if you had asked paul how he would want to leave this earth i'd feel confident he'd say in his favorite car. (The carrera GT)

If you asked Shumi, he'd say in his F1 car... these options imo, are much better than being stuck in a hospital bed counting your last days..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #26
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Would hate for him to go this way. Kind of like Steve Irwin (crocodile hunter) getting killed by a stingray while snorkelling.

are there any updates? What are the chances of walking if he does recover?
      01-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #27
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Alternately it was god that made sure that medical team was on call to assit him

Unless you think if god was going to help, he'd come down and fix him personally?
I dunno, maybe simply have him not have the accident and avoid this whole mess all together.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #28
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
When you are in your darkest hour, who will you call out for? Blasphemer.
I will blame myself, I must be doing something wrong.
But doesn't mean you don't believe in a God..

I agree with what Middleaged Al said about Schumaker's need for speed going OB through rocks..
Well if he makes it through this one, will he stop doing it so he can be with his son longer? Or is the rush stronger..?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 06:28 AM   #29
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dunno, maybe simply have him not have the accident and avoid this whole mess all together.

are you stupid? do you know the definition of an accident?

do you drive? do you go out in public? these are all risks, and with risk comes the possibility of an "accident"

I guess you didn't learn anything when your car was totaled.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
are you stupid? do you know the definition of an accident?

do you drive? do you go out in public? these are all risks, and with risk comes the possibility of an "accident"

I guess you didn't learn anything when your car was totaled.
Heeeey budddy... please read and comprehend the chain of posts before you open your pie hole. Mkay thaaanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #31
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
From what I've read, he wasn't going fast at all. They said he had stopped to help someone else who had just fallen and was just starting off again and immediately hit a rock under the snow, slamming his body to the ground and hitting a rock with his head. If you've ever caught an edge on a snowboard, even at slow speed, it's easy to understand how he could have hit that hard at low speed.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
A lot of folks with God complexes here. It is in God's hands, He will decide his fate.
Ut oh, don't stir the God pot in here.

Hopefully he pulls through given the extensiveness of his injuries. He is on my F1 calendar for January this year too, will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post

I would imagine he would float down upon a perfectly white cumulus cloud with rays of sunshine amongst the crests where he would then blast his palm against Michaels forehead and Michael would then hop up out of bed and start dancing.

At least that's what I've seen on one of those church shows on public access. Worked for the guy with paraplegia in the wheel chair.

Last edited by Billup; 01-03-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0