BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #1
Dark Vader
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E60, 2002 E46 Convert

E60 Newbie... Lots of questions so be gentle with me...😁

I just picked up my new-to-me 2010 535i (E60)

1. When I plug my phone into the AUX cable jack (3.5mm) I can't select "AUX" on my head unit... the screen button lights up and it looks like it's accepting the command, but it doesn't actually change... I can go from FM-AM-WB, but nothing happens when I click AUX... does the head unit aux ONLY work with USB jack? (I haven't tried connecting a USB cable to it yet) Is mine not functioning properly?

2 Does my sound system even HAVE the subwoofers under the seats?... I hear bass, and there are speaker grills under the seats, but the bass is so anemic and it doesn't sound like it's coming from under the seats (that's actually kind of a good thing) that I would swear that any bass I hear is coming from the rear deck speakers... there are tweeters in the A-pillars, SO I'm assuming it's the "HIFI" system... (tweeters and mids in the doors, mids in the rear deck and 200mm subs under the seats)

Is anemic bass the 'norm' for the factory system? I'm not looking for hair tricks, but I'm looking for more than I've got and I want it to go deep (25Hz)

Should I replace the ones under the seats, or should I just put a 10" in a ported box in the trunk...lol

3. is it hard to add a backup camera to the CCC system (I'm assuming it's the CCC from the bland interface)

How about Apple CarPlay?

there may be more questions but that's all for now

Thanks for the help in advance
Attached Images

Last edited by Dark Vader; 09-02-2022 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
Reevofev
Rep
Drives: x3, 335i, M3, 528i

I think these articles will answer a few of your questions when it comes to your AUX port and backup camera/Android Auto... is super helpful and very straightforward...used it to install a backup camera myself in my E60.

https://bmwrepairguide.com/bmw-e60-idrive-upgrade/
https://bmwrepairguide.com/bmw-auxil...-installation/

As far as the sound system I'm afraid I can't help you there, but maybe someone else can give you a hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #3
Jerinoid
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 530xiT Wagon

If you have the standard sound system and you're used to aftermarket or high-end sound it may seem kind of anemic. You can go to https://bimmer.work, put in your VIN and see all the options on your specific car. If you DON'T see something like "HiFi Professional", or "Logic7 Sound" as an option listed then you don't have the upgraded sound system. I have the Logic 7 "HiFi Professional" and it is awesome. I believe you'd know if you had it and it was working right. There's a company (bavsound.com) that makes plug/play upgraded speakers/sound system components specifically for these cars and they are great. You might check them out.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 01:36 AM   #4
serkankucuk61
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 530i

Merhaba arkadaşlar 2004 model 530i aracımda yolcu koltuğu modül olarak sürücü koltuğu olarak gözüküyor, sürücü koltuğu ise yolcu koltuğu olarak gözüküyor bunu düzeltmek için ne yapmam gerekir?Ncs expert ile bu mümkün müdür?
Appreciate 0