BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-06-2018, 06:05 AM   #463
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange 6MT

Anyone still watch The Walking Dead?

Anyone else watch this show? See the trailers for the next three episodes?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 06:16 AM   #464
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Newp. Quit watching after they finally revealed Neegan only to leave us on a cliffhanger at the end of the season. Walking dead is dead.
      11-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #465
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
I'm still sticking with it. Every now and again, you get a good episode. But, the show has gotten stale. Losing Rick Grimes will hurt the show. Hopefully, the new people they're bringing in the next few episodes will be better. I do like the time jump seeing Judith becoming a little badass like Carl did.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #466
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

LOL, watched Season 1 episode 1 this past weekend! Have never seen it before and was in search of a new series. Finally decided to see what all the fuss is about. I'm only 3 episodes in but I'm liking it so far. It's a bit gory for me but overall it's fun to watch.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #467
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Keeps getting worse. Rick is supposed to be dead. Now he lives & gets taken on a chopper?! Fuck these writers.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #468
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I'm still sticking with it. Every now and again, you get a good episode. But, the show has gotten stale. Losing Rick Grimes will hurt the show. Hopefully, the new people they're bringing in the next few episodes will be better. I do like the time jump seeing Judith becoming a little badass like Carl did.
A kid that age/size can't handle that revolver much less head shots from that far away
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #469
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Watched the first several seasons but gave up on it a couple of years ago. We go to Senoia, Ga where they film a lot of the show every now and then and it’s a pretty big deal down there still with tours, etc. the Daryl character has a restaurant there on Main Street called Nick and Normans... not very good imo...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #470
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

When I started dating the girlfriend she was a huge fan. The first episode I watched is when Neegan loved everyone up with the bat real nice & completely bashed that one dudes head to nothing more than spaghetti-o's. Pretty intense first experience with the show. It has been nothing shy of terrible writing, terrible acting and the worst story line of ANYTHING I have ever watched. My intent was to watch a few episodes and then start at the beginning. Nothing I have seen in this show has made me want to start at the beginning. It is hands down the worst writing of any show ever.

Key points on the last episode:

If Rick was leaving, but the writers had plans to make movies about Ricks story during the time jump, then why have Rick get hurt and draw out the entire show allowing the fans to think he was going to die at the end. If he wasn't going to die in the story then fine, but don't drag out an entire episode about it.

I know that anytime that I am building something, say like a bridge, I ALWAYS store crates of dynamite on them.

This is the show that continues to disappoint. I have a handful of friends that have tried to get me to watch it for years and now that I finally started watching it they have all stopped. The writers for this show are grasping at straws to keep some form of content moving and it shows. They should have stopped this garbage years ago. In my opinion, when a show has to create a time jump and constantly add new characters to keep a story going the writing is going to become stale, which is where they are at.

I only watched Sunday because I wanted to watch Rick's bitch ass die.....and they even robbed me of that. My kids at 8 years old pretending to be sick to stay home from school could act better than the guy that plays Ricks character.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #471
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Watched the first several seasons but gave up on it a couple of years ago. We go to Senoia, Ga where they film a lot of the show every now and then and it’s a pretty big deal down there still with tours, etc. the Daryl character has a restaurant there on Main Street called Nick and Normans... not very good imo...
On the blue plate special, the meat just falls off the bone?
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #472
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Pretty much stopped watching after last season (and it was a struggle to finish it watching on the app). Completely forgot about it until this past weekend. Decided to watch it while biking at the gym. Turned it off after 10 mins. At some point I will watch it when I’m bored but in general the show has sucked for the last few seasons.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #473
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
The first couple seasons were pretty solid, it went downhill after that. I kept watching up until Neegan came on board; just totally turned me off to the show after that.

Not Neegan; just how Rick's whole group went from badass to useless in literally one episode...
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #474
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
When I started dating the girlfriend she was a huge fan. The first episode I watched is when Neegan loved everyone up with the bat real nice & completely bashed that one dudes head to nothing more than spaghetti-o's. Pretty intense first experience with the show. It has been nothing shy of terrible writing, terrible acting and the worst story line of ANYTHING I have ever watched. My intent was to watch a few episodes and then start at the beginning. Nothing I have seen in this show has made me want to start at the beginning. It is hands down the worst writing of any show ever.

Key points on the last episode:

If Rick was leaving, but the writers had plans to make movies about Ricks story during the time jump, then why have Rick get hurt and draw out the entire show allowing the fans to think he was going to die at the end. If he wasn't going to die in the story then fine, but don't drag out an entire episode about it.

I know that anytime that I am building something, say like a bridge, I ALWAYS store crates of dynamite on them.

This is the show that continues to disappoint. I have a handful of friends that have tried to get me to watch it for years and now that I finally started watching it they have all stopped. The writers for this show are grasping at straws to keep some form of content moving and it shows. They should have stopped this garbage years ago. In my opinion, when a show has to create a time jump and constantly add new characters to keep a story going the writing is going to become stale, which is where they are at.

I only watched Sunday because I wanted to watch Rick's bitch ass die.....and they even robbed me of that. My kids at 8 years old pretending to be sick to stay home from school could act better than the guy that plays Ricks character.
CORAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #475
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
CORAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still think someone should have taken a ping pong ball and drawn a black dot on it with a sharpie then stuck in Carls empty eye socket. If I was Carl in real life I would have done it myself.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #476
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep

I was ready to walk away with rick's departure and the general downturn of the series. but in the 3 episode previews I heard some of the walkers say "where are they" and one of the characters mentioned the dead are evolving. I'm intrigued to continue a bit more this year.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #477
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I stopped watching back in 2016.

Spoiler alert: is Negan still alive?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #478
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
I was ready to walk away with rick's departure and the general downturn of the series. but in the 3 episode previews I heard some of the walkers say "where are they" and one of the characters mentioned the dead are evolving. I'm intrigued to continue a bit more this year.
I picked up on that also. I also noticed roller marks last time I watched the paint dry in my living room, the difference is that watching the paint dry was more entertaining and that it was actually a productive use of my time.

Are the zombies evolving to the point to where they can communicate in order to talk as they continue to slowly creep along not so menacingly? Sleestaks on Land of the Lost posed more of threat to humanity than these "zombies." It's funny at how the show was about a zombie apocalypse but the zombies are nothing more than your basic no name henchmen that you find in video games like zelda that are nothing more than a nuisance. They don't brandish weapons, the don't run, they pose no real threat other than potentially biting someone in the event that they are stupid or slow....or in this case being directed by the talentless people writing this show.

Again just another reason to not watch. They are having to redesign the entire show just to stay relevant keep a marginal viewing audience. Fact is that their ratings have dropped significantly in the past two years. Rather then call it quits and appreciate what they had, they will continue to run this shit into the ground until there is nothing left. They took Ricks character out of the show in order to spawn new movies about his story during the time leap to branch out. They've created a time leap in order to have new things to write about. The mentality being displayed here is comparable to what a failing business does in order to stay relative in the market place. It's like playing on the play ground when you're a child and there's the one kid that keeps changing the rules of the game in order make the entire thing beneficial to him. As long as they can continue to keep people watching this train-wreck, they'll continue to write these terrible cliff-hangers devoid of rationality and reinventing their own wheel over and over to perpetuate their cash flow.

I personally enjoy watching movies or television series based off content, story, character development, etc. not to watch an hour long cliff-hanger. I have watched mindless 15 minute cartoons that have more substance, better writing and plot that this garbage. It's honestly like watching South Park make fun of JRR Martin, "Oh yeah, we'll do this and everyone will watch again!" "We'll make the zombies talk and tell everyone they are evolving! Plus we'll do it on the highest rated episode since season 1 only because we are getting all the "Ricks last episode" people to watch." I'll not wait to drink the Kool-Aid in hopes of it quenching my thirst next week only to find next weeks Kool-Aid tastes just as shitty if not worse than the week before.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #479
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I haven't watched it for at least 2 or 3 years and I felt I watched it a year or two too many at that point. Show was entertaining for a while, but enough already. There is at least one other thread around about it.
      11-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #480
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I haven't watched it for at least 2 or 3 years and I felt I watched it a year or two too many at that point. Show was entertaining for a while, but enough already. There is at least one other thread around about it.
Exactly how I feel, Rick from Casablanca...
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410971.00
Sea-Tac1453.00
      11-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #481
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Keeps getting worse. Rick is supposed to be dead. Now he lives & gets taken on a chopper?! Fuck these writers.
Someday, when they've milked it for all it's worth, we will finally see the real end, where Rick wakes up in the hospital bed, surrounded by his cheatin' wife and stupid kid, and realizes it was all an anesthesia dream.

Last edited by rlmesq; 11-06-2018 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Added photo
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      11-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #482
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
It hasn't been released to Endore yet. If it had been it would have interrupted the mating season.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #483
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
I picked up on that also. I also noticed roller marks last time I watched the paint dry in my living room, the difference is that watching the paint dry was more entertaining and that it was actually a productive use of my time.

Are the zombies evolving to the point to where they can communicate in order to talk as they continue to slowly creep along not so menacingly? Sleestaks on Land of the Lost posed more of threat to humanity than these "zombies." It's funny at how the show was about a zombie apocalypse but the zombies are nothing more than your basic no name henchmen that you find in video games like zelda that are nothing more than a nuisance. They don't brandish weapons, the don't run, they pose no real threat other than potentially biting someone in the event that they are stupid or slow....or in this case being directed by the talentless people writing this show.

Again just another reason to not watch. They are having to redesign the entire show just to stay relevant keep a marginal viewing audience. Fact is that their ratings have dropped significantly in the past two years. Rather then call it quits and appreciate what they had, they will continue to run this shit into the ground until there is nothing left. They took Ricks character out of the show in order to spawn new movies about his story during the time leap to branch out. They've created a time leap in order to have new things to write about. The mentality being displayed here is comparable to what a failing business does in order to stay relative in the market place. It's like playing on the play ground when you're a child and there's the one kid that keeps changing the rules of the game in order make the entire thing beneficial to him. As long as they can continue to keep people watching this train-wreck, they'll continue to write these terrible cliff-hangers devoid of rationality and reinventing their own wheel over and over to perpetuate their cash flow.

I personally enjoy watching movies or television series based off content, story, character development, etc. not to watch an hour long cliff-hanger. I have watched mindless 15 minute cartoons that have more substance, better writing and plot that this garbage. It's honestly like watching South Park make fun of JRR Martin, "Oh yeah, we'll do this and everyone will watch again!" "We'll make the zombies talk and tell everyone they are evolving! Plus we'll do it on the highest rated episode since season 1 only because we are getting all the "Ricks last episode" people to watch." I'll not wait to drink the Kool-Aid in hopes of it quenching my thirst next week only to find next weeks Kool-Aid tastes just as shitty if not worse than the week before.
I hear you I'm not saying it's the greatest show. I didn't start watching until around season 4 or 5. My thought was a show about zombies would be boring. But then I realized the zombies were more the environment in which the people operated and it was really their story of survival and challenges. It has had some interesting moments. I've always been fascinated with what it wold be like to live in a post-apocalyptic world. The movies the road and the book of Eli entertained me for that reason. The walking dead has as well but has been harder to follow more recently. I'll give it a few more episodes and may bail if it does not improve. For me it comes down to 1 hr of mindless entertainment each week were I can give my brain a break from work...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #484
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
LOL, watched Season 1 episode 1 this past weekend! Have never seen it before and was in search of a new series. Finally decided to see what all the fuss is about. I'm only 3 episodes in but I'm liking it so far. It's a bit gory for me but overall it's fun to watch.
Bail now. It’s terrible after season 3 and there is no payoff.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00