BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #5435
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
How about that hair gel? lol
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12792.50
Dpc2u11503.00
Esteban43269.50
      05-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #5436
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i and Bmw 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
There's Something About Mary as I recall.
How about that hair gel? lol
HAHSHA WATCHED THAT MOVIE WHEN I WAS 5 with my freinds
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #5437
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
So the stretch mark thing somewhat got me interested as well. I mean, I've only seen mine and the one's I've seen in adult films. I used to be pretty heavy and lost weight. No stretch marks in that area.

I also mentioned this to the girlfriend, she seemed perplexed by this as well. Didn't want to pry too much and create an awkward situation, but based on her reaction, she hasn't seen stretch marks in this area either.

As for the frank and beans business. I have suffered this fate twice. One of the two times was horrific and left a scar. I stopped wearing boxers without a button after that. If it can fall out, best to go with the boxer briefs or briefs.
Ouch. When i use to play ball I take ice bath and ice cubes would hit it and i get a sting
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      05-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #5438
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
HAHSHA WATCHED THAT MOVIE WHEN I WAS 5 with my freinds
Damn, now even I can say "get off my lawn kid!".
Appreciate 3
2one3E902422.00
King Rudi13154.00
      05-14-2021, 01:32 PM   #5439
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I only wear briefs if working in the back yard, or wearing white WHERE ARE MY PANTS????
      05-14-2021, 10:00 PM   #5440
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I'm drunk
Appreciate 3
UncleWede17961.00
Dpc2u11503.00
Buug95917148.50
      05-14-2021, 10:42 PM   #5441
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I'm drunk
Kentucky Blood x 4
Buffalo Trace
Blood orange/slice
Serrano juice/slice
      05-14-2021, 11:30 PM   #5442
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Apparently the limited edition, only 500 units in the world motorcycle I bought last September with only 740 miles on it, is so mechanically damaged that I wish I could just total it.

Fell in love with this bike when it was revealed in 2016 but too rich for my blood back then. Found a garage queen 5 years later with a significantly reduced price tag and jumped on the offer. put about 1500 miles on it since last year with flawless performance at, well let's just say "test speeds" to make sure I got my money's worth and to see what she could do.

Took it to Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, NY ( definitely throwing them under the bus) for an oil change and annual service back in April to get her ready for the riding season... after a month's time of weekly "new or unidentified" problems each time it was supposedly ready for me, my now former dream bike is worth more dead than alive since apparently it's going to cost more than 50% the value of the bike to make it road worthy again.

My confession here is that I believe they are running some sort of chop shop out of that shop but I can't afford a lawyer to dig deep on it, since as of tomorrow, I need to shop for a new bike since insurance will cover loss, theft, fire or collision damage, but not mechanical failures... go figure.

DO NOT go to Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, NY. I will shout this from the mountain tops for as long as I live.
      05-15-2021, 12:59 AM   #5443
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Apparently the limited edition, only 500 units in the world motorcycle I bought last September with only 740 miles on it, is so mechanically damaged that I wish I could just total it.

Fell in love with this bike when it was revealed in 2016 but too rich for my blood back then. Found a garage queen 5 years later with a significantly reduced price tag and jumped on the offer. put about 1500 miles on it since last year with flawless performance at, well let's just say "test speeds" to make sure I got my money's worth and to see what she could do.

Took it to Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, NY ( definitely throwing them under the bus) for an oil change and annual service back in April to get her ready for the riding season... after a month's time of weekly "new or unidentified" problems each time it was supposedly ready for me, my now former dream bike is worth more dead than alive since apparently it's going to cost more than 50% the value of the bike to make it road worthy again.

My confession here is that I believe they are running some sort of chop shop out of that shop but I can't afford a lawyer to dig deep on it, since as of tomorrow, I need to shop for a new bike since insurance will cover loss, theft, fire or collision damage, but not mechanical failures... go figure.

DO NOT go to Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, NY. I will shout this from the mountain tops for as long as I live.
Is it the street legal S1000RR?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 04:23 AM   #5444
shawn2010
Rep
Drives: M3

I once smoked a lot of pot! lol
      05-15-2021, 04:58 AM   #5445
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Quote:

Is it the street legal S1000RR?
Most likely moving back to BMW, so more like the M 1000 RR. I don't spend much on luxuries for myself, but the one area I do tend to spoil myself is with my toys.

Didn't have much growing up as a kid, but after working 19 years with progressive success in my career, I've become somewhat accustomed to having considerably high end or exclusive versions of vehicles... won't stop now... lol.
      05-15-2021, 05:17 AM   #5446
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Most likely moving back to BMW, so more like the M 1000 RR. I don't spend much on luxuries for myself, but the one area I do tend to spoil myself is with my toys.

Didn't have much growing up as a kid, but after working 19 years with progressive success in my career, I've become somewhat accustomed to having considerably high end or exclusive versions of vehicles... won't stop now... lol.
Yeah I see that one with mini wings protruding from the front of the fairing on a new one.
I'd just demand my bike back from those bods in NJ,you rode it in there,it was working well when you took it in so just take it back and pay for service which you specified in the first place so just go down there with a couple of mates,I would.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #5447
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Quote:

Yeah I see that one with mini wings protruding from the front of the fairing on a new one.
I'd just demand my bike back from those bods in NJ,you rode it in there,it was working well when you took it in so just take it back and pay for service which you specified in the first place so just go down there with a couple of mates,I would.
We think very much alike, lol.

Over the course of the month, every week I was supposed to pick up my bike, they found another issue with the oil cycling system, so advising me on the potential fix and how much it would cost... with no guarantee.

On Wednesday, I was told that they need to take the engine apart (mind you, this bike was running perfectly for me up until I brought it to them for an oil change in April) at only 2k miles on the ODO.

I told him I'll be there on Friday to pick up the bike, so just put it all back together and I'll see you then.

Yesterday, I got the key, paid for the service provided, then rode off the lot. Half Mile down the road, bike stalls, rear wheel locks up and I disappointedly pull over, and take the walk of shame while pushing the bike back to the shop.

Let them know of their incompetence, but the were very apologetic and sure that they weren't responsible for this engine failure.

Working with legal and insurance to find out my options now, while also visiting a couple motorcycle shops today around town for my next bike.

It's unfortunate, because such a rare, exciting to ride and beautiful bike is lost forever.

I confess that currently, my emotional state is very similar to when my last serious girlfriend and I parted ways many years ago, lol.

Been over that for years, so I just have to be patient and get over this, too.
      05-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #5448
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Makes my day every time I see a story of one of the MFers getting busted for PPP fraud, using it to buy houses, cars, jewelry, etc. and getting an extended time in prison instead of fines.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #5449
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

I listened to some gangsta rap in the car tonight and I liked it.
Appreciate 4
Dpc2u11503.00
Buug95917148.50
Esteban43269.50
nyalpine907422.00
      05-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #5450
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I listened to some gangsta rap in the car tonight and I liked it.
Diplos revolution and spotify for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:37 PM   #5451
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Confession of an idiot.

New contact lens wearer, as in less than one week. I have a difficult time putting the lenses in my left eye. Last night, I used cleaning solution rather than simply contact solution; not knowing the difference. This morning, I remove said contacts from cleaning case. Right eye, pops right in. Left contact get dropped/cleaned several times before lens makes contact with my eye. Once contact is made with eye, BOOM, FIRE!!!! The cleaning solution was peroxide based. I'm new to this/stupid. Had no clue this would happen. After an agonizing morning and a trip to the optometrist, new contacts ordered, a script for eyedrops has been procured, left eyeball is burned, and no contacts for a week.

Learn from my mistake. If you use peroxide based cleaning solution, do not put a contact lens with that shit on it in your eye. I have the worst case of Forrest Whitaker eye ever.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      05-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #5452
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Confession of an idiot.

New contact lens wearer, as in less than one week. I have a difficult time putting the lenses in my left eye. Last night, I used cleaning solution rather than simply contact solution; not knowing the difference. This morning, I remove said contacts from cleaning case. Right eye, pops right in. Left contact get dropped/cleaned several times before lens makes contact with my eye. Once contact is made with eye, BOOM, FIRE!!!! The cleaning solution was peroxide based. I'm new to this/stupid. Had no clue this would happen. After an agonizing morning and a trip to the optometrist, new contacts ordered, a script for eyedrops has been procured, left eyeball is burned, and no contacts for a week.

Learn from my mistake. If you use peroxide based cleaning solution, do not put a contact lens with that shit on it in your eye. I have the worst case of Forrest Whitaker eye ever.
If that happens again just hose your eye with saline solution, usually does the trick. I've been there. Luckily not for years tho haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:45 PM   #5453
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
If that happens again just hose your eye with saline solution, usually does the trick. I've been there. Luckily not for years tho haha.
Jesus man! Why does no one explain this to you?? This should fall somewhere between Stop, Drop and Roll & don't throw water on grease fires.
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00
      05-17-2021, 01:08 PM   #5454
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Wait, why are there even peroxide-based contact lens solutions? Isn't there a better way to clean lenses that doesn't tempt fate and human error?

Btw I went with dailies - they don't need to be cleaned and stored, and beat up my eyes a lot less than the normal ones
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      05-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #5455
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jesus man! Why does no one explain this to you?? This should fall somewhere between Stop, Drop and Roll & don't throw water on grease fires.
Yeah it is no joke, thought I was going to lose vision lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Wait, why are there even peroxide-based contact lens solutions? Isn't there a better way to clean lenses that doesn't tempt fate and human error?

Btw I went with dailies - they don't need to be cleaned and stored, and beat up my eyes a lot less than the normal ones
Agree on dailys, I made the switch as well. A little more expensive, but worth it. Feels like I have nothing in my eyes.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      05-17-2021, 01:39 PM   #5456
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Confession of an idiot.

Don't worry man, we've all done that. I did that when I first started wearing contacts decades ago! Haven't done it since.

You'll get used to wearing them after a while. Here's my confession. I use 2 week extended wear soft contacts but can wear them up to 2 months because I take care of them. For the record I use Clear Care Plus HydraGlyde cleaning solution. I think it's the best. My eye doctor used to be surprised how long I could use my contacts but eventually admitted they can be worn longer than recommended as long as you clean them sufficiently.

Oh and here's a tip. DO NOT wear them overnight.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00