BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #45
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO8 View Post
Just wondering, how far would your employer have to go until you decide it is not worth the job?
I'm currently pondering compulsory vaccination as a stopping point. But when I see things like 40% refusal in nurses in the Cali area, maybe I don't have to worry that much?

My brother used to be required to wear a mask as a PT during flu season, because he wouldn't get the annual injection. I could tolerate that, I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #46
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Honestly the biggest problem is that the people performing the test bitch if they don't get clean sample.

Something about white powder and inconclusive readings..., I don't know. Sounds like a bunch of liberal bullshit.
Appreciate 2
      01-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #47
longm1985
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD851 View Post
A lot of tests are now using mid-turbinate collection, which is not nearly as bad. Here the swab just goes kind of up to the top of your nostril where you are just starting to feel some discomfort. They twirl it a few times, then switch to the other nostril and repeat. The whole thing takes about 10 seconds. We get tested this way at work about every other week.
Yup, this is how my son's second test was done. Mine was the brain toucher... 0/10 would not recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
I hate when my d*ck flies out of my pants under hard braking, so I think the seats are great.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #48
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Well hopefully no more COVID tests for my wife. She got her Moderna vaccine yesterday.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      01-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #49
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I have 2 family members that have already received the vaccine due to the medical field they are in... both received the Moderna version with no side effects at all outside of a slightly sore arm for a day or 2.

In Florida, there is a calculator that exists that can tell you when you would be eligible to receive the vaccine... it told me that based on my age and health, 84% of people would need to get it before me lol... sounds like I may never get it considering Herd Immunity usually comes before that.

Also... as a side note on the testing, if you test positive, do yourself a favor and get tested again asap. The sheer amount of false positives from my friends recently is borderline absurd... there is some massive QC issue with some of these tests.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #50
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Im not an anti vaxxer or "cOvId iS fAkE" gang by any means but the testing logistics in NYC is horrendous.

Waited 2+ hours in the rain, outdoors, on sunday to test (wife had to do a rapid before returning to work). They could only test 6 people at a time, and afterwards, there was a 15 min cooldown before they could see the next batch... so in total it was almost 20-30 mins to test 6 people... in freaking new york CITY. Rapid's came back negative. PCRs were supposed to return within 48 hours but still nothing.

Don't even let me get started on the vaccine rollout...
I'm surprised it is so unorganized for you guys in NY.

Here in SF, it is extremely organized. There are no walk-ins allowed. You have to book your appointment on their website and you pull up, get the test and leave. Results are given through email in about 24 hours.
      01-10-2021, 03:30 PM   #51
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Im not an anti vaxxer or "cOvId iS fAkE" gang by any means but the testing logistics in NYC is horrendous.

Waited 2+ hours in the rain, outdoors, on sunday to test (wife had to do a rapid before returning to work). They could only test 6 people at a time, and afterwards, there was a 15 min cooldown before they could see the next batch... so in total it was almost 20-30 mins to test 6 people... in freaking new york CITY. Rapid's came back negative. PCRs were supposed to return within 48 hours but still nothing.

Don't even let me get started on the vaccine rollout...
I'm surprised it is so unorganized for you guys in NY.

Here in SF, it is extremely organized. There are no walk-ins allowed. You have to book your appointment on their website and you pull up, get the test and leave. Results are given through email in about 24 hours.
Its terrible. And theyve had months to figure this out. the whole vaccine distribution is another logistical joke.

btw I took the test Sunday morning and didn't get my PCR results till Friday evening.
Appreciate 0