BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-07-2023, 01:50 AM   #1
phil0618
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i, Porsche 968

Noob with iDrive issues and questions

Hi,

Recently picked up a low mileage 550i Sport. Build date 2007-06-08 VIN CT50219

I’m still getting started with the alphabet soup of iDrive options and modules, but I believe I have the CCC version of iDrive. It’s also clear I have much to learn.

I have the following options S609 – Nav Professional, S620 Voice Control, S639 Preparation F Mobile Ph, S645 BMW US Radio,
S655 Satellite Tuner, S676 HiFi Speaker, S694 CD Changer, S6Fl USB Audio interface

CD works, AM FM Tuner works, can navigate throughout the various menus of iDrive.

I have the following problems

The USB / Aux in does not seem to be working – The selection is visible but it is grayed out.
The car is apparently equipped w BlueTooth for the phone, but when I find the setting for BlueTooth I can’t actually click it to turn it on
The car is equipped with Satellite radio, but the selection is grayed out in the top row and I’m unable to find the code so I can subscribe
I have the SOS message popping up whenever I start the car

The net is I’m starved for content. I’d like to get the Aux working, and possibly XM to get more content.

I have more research to do, but I see mention of various modules that could be faulty, and I see discussions of people using software to make changes.

I’ve also seen full scale replacement / upgrade to CIC version of iDrive and additional / upgraded USB to stream audio from your phone but that seems cost prohibitive.

So, I’m soliciting input from folks on thoughts on how to cost effectively improve the system and get access to more content. Getting a Bluetooth receiver to plug into Aux and stream from my phone is certainly an option if I can get the AUX working.

I think in order of priority 1. Aux In 2. Sirius XM 3. Add a CD changer to give more hi fidelity music on board.
(getting Bluetooth working is a priority if it would let me stream music.)

Having full CarPlay capability is probably the best, but I’m under the impression that could be expensive/impractical given my current setup.

I can also mention that the battery was changed recently in case that can have an impact on some of the electronics.

Thanks,
Phil
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2023, 07:30 PM   #2
Bic626
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 530i base

Garage List
2006 Bmw 530i  [8.50]
Any luck? I have A 2006 530i and my ccc reboots everytime and recently stopped working. I can’t listen or change anything and i seen other android fits but idk if it replaces the ccc or the ccc havs to be working proper.. if u have any info further knowledge please let me know
Appreciate 0