BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > Photo Gallery and Media Forum

12-29-2023, 10:22 AM   #1
mp3_in
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Dream Classy Hot Smoking E60

Hi everyone!
My prev/current ride, which is X6 50i was giving me tremendous headaches - main issue is: it's very complex to diagnose, and even when found good electrician you got to leave it for some time,

Recently I turned 30 yo and expecting child, I decided to make conscious decision on what family car can we have, given that X6 was sheer domination and great looks and TOP interior I had to stay in BMW department because there is no other brand for me,

I started long lasting investigation, criterias:
- no breaking
- hydraulic steering
- 5 series

I was limited under $20K,
F10 not an option, altho they improved interior they sacrificed 5 series platform and it receives 7 series drivetrain - not an option, F90 and G90 are the only modern choices in my opinion, however, Im not millionaire and don't want to be one,

I always liked E60, everything except interior, I knew they come with hydraulic steering and I knew there are last atmo engines,
I didn't want old turbos, intercoolers and that connection lines CRAP, especially no to injectors, that did go thru 12 iterations!! (thank you N63, be damned), I won't risk it again for I6 is not worthy for me,

Choices were either N62b48 or N52b30 (anyway my car guy colleague laughed at me because I chose "old" bmw to be family car, I ignored it, because BMW are masters of I6 engines, especially atmo, my prev e46ci had 380K on odo revving red line without problem)

N62 big advantage is power, sound, m suspension,
N52B30 silky amooth unbreakable engine, I6 simplicity, a little better economy,

Because I still own an V8, I did not want to bring another V8 as a family car so I dumped that idea, otherwise I would 1000% buy with N62,

I found my perfect 2008 E60 with these options:
- Comfort seats - once you try it, you don't need anything else
- Massage, Cooled, heated
- M style: bumper, wheels, skirts
- other adds: 272HP version, sliding rear sits, RWD
- Individual Sound system option - sounds almost like X6 Professional HiFi system with 15 speakers (analog of harman)
- 57K km original odo!! - first thing I did is checked it thru bimmerlink app.

Comparison between X6 and this:
- X6 SPORTIER (bmw physics Gods), however, it has dynamic dumpers,
- E60 can go faster if turn is predictable, X6 will start understeering at 140k/h+ on the same turn, E60 can go 180 as long as there are no stip inputs,

Character:
In X6 I always want to accelerate hard, to dominate, to go fast and like vilain, like is GTA, can't help it, even worser than I do on my sport motorcycle,
In E60...I don't mind not to humble everything that drives near me, I know this car is superior with decent comfort and excellent looks, pretty rare, I FOUND peace in E60, while in my previous e46Ci I was driving like vilain as well as in X6,

E60 is incredible and, for the moment, reliable, I took a train from Lviv -> Odesa ~1K km and back from Odesa -> Kyiv -> Lviv E F F O R T L E S S and still I did overtaken everyone on the route I did it with no efforts and massaged seats.., as well as superb insulation (wind protection is weaker in e60, arch isolation is superb, compared to X), car is super predictable and extremely stable at high speeds, I was surprised, however, when making abrupt movements you feel body roll - not very annoying,
Engine bay is dry, no leaks, no breaking, nothing exploded, no oil eating, no oil burning! 11L/100km after driving in cities like Odesa, Kyiv and then 140+ on the highway route, performance totally meet my expectations for family BMW sedan, is like 8/10, I'd say almost exciting

Given that this 5 series beauty was staying still for the past 2 years is incredible!!!!

With E60 I've found rest, I feel better, happier and I stopped infinitive chase, I can be fast when needed, but I don't mind not to chase and be happy about it, when you getting out after 400 km drive you are relaxed and feel rested! Relaxed like after sauna!

I'm in upper class but E60 makes me feel like millionaire without working my ass off to stay millionaire level or worrying that somebody wants to take my business or incoming crisis or smthing)

This car will be with me till I die, my children will be driving it. I don't need anything more than this for a daily, it will provide spirited drive and rested feeling or normal everyday drive.

PS. Don't expect it to be soft, is firm, I expected softer but is on 18 inch sport winter tire which is very hard.
PSS. If you are living in the city and parking is a problem X6 will do everything from sport car to utility to off road to comfort to status to everything, if you living out of city and you family man I believe 5 series + m2 or m4 is better, if you could have only 1 car I believe there are no competition to X6, except M5 with detachable x-drive, other are just tools/toys or unfit.

Thank you for attention, I wanted to upload video but apparently is not an opt so only couple images that won't tell you how beautiful this car IS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
mp3_in
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

At the moment of writing this I just finished workday and did not know what happened in 🇺🇦, I would give up my cars just so ruzzia wasn't existing.
Appreciate 0