BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

03-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
p.b.
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan 240sx (S14)

2006 high mileage 525i good daily driver? Advice please for bmw newb

hey guys like to start off by saying great forum! i found so much info on here, and there aren't too many flamers on here. I am in the market for a 525i (canadian model) vehicle. kinda hard for me to find specific info on this car, but i drove one today and fell in love. The deal is pending a mechanics approval and i put a deposit on the car....

Does this car have the bad lifter problem found in the 3.0L motor that was put into the 06 3 series? i believe its the valavetronic system and a flaw in the head design that lead to the diesel sounding motor, but i was unable to find anything on the 5 series engine.

Also is active steering a concern with this vehicle? i loved the ride, the power was enough for me, and all the toys inside (the panty remover was my favorite feature lol)

I am going to use this as primarily my daily driver. I may keep a FWD clunker for those bad winter days, but i did own a 1989 325is for a short period of time and that car handled amazing in the snow. Are the engine and tranny reliable for the most part? what kind of maintenance is needed at 140xxx km's?

thanks in advance guys, look forward to your replies and i really hope this car passes mechanics approval

p.s. - i am a service advisor at toyota, and if u guys need help battling your dealer dont hesitate to ask me for tips.

thanks for
Appreciate 0