BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
km_e60
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60 5series

Changed all fuel injectors but problem still exists!

Hello everyone,
I hope someone can help me with this. Would be greatly appreciated.
My 5series E60 2008 1995cc engine (N43) suddenly started to not running smoothly and throwing an engine check signal intermittently once I push the gas pedal, but not every time, i.e. it does this randomly! It runs smoothly on idle, though! Having an obd2 scanner, I checked the error and every time it was the same error below:
P0304
Raw code: 0304
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Cylinder 4 - misfire detected
BMW: Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
I reset the fault and then every time I get the same fault.
The official BMW service dealer told me that it is caused by blocked fuel injectors. They did a thorough diagnostic procedure and apparently they found that the problem is in the injectors. After changing all the fuel injectors, as well as the spark plugs, the problem was not fixed! They now ask me to change all the ignition coils, without having any indication of problematic coils in the diagnosis tests! They told me that the ignition coils deteriorate with time and may start to not work properly! Because I am Experienced Electronics Engineer, I can not accept such a claim simply because it is invalid! I believe that they are experimenting with my car! The only error I am getting now from the ECU is error P00AA - Powertrain , which seems irrelevant to the real problem!
Will greatly appreciate any help on this matter.
Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0