BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #45
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46

Look At Me Look At Me Look At Me!!!!!!!!!
      02-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #46
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlease View Post
I'm at $3500 just for wheels, tint, and interior trim. Looking at sinking $5k into the suspension and diff, $2700 into performance parts, still debating what/if I should do for cosmetic parts. So a little over $11,000 on top of about $52,000 for the car. Don't regret it though, I enjoy the modding aspect and the 335i is one hell of a daily driver
should have just bought an m3
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #47
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
10K is nothing in terms of mod...there are over $100,000 spent on my Supra...

if you're gonna mod, go all out, don't put clear lights on ur car and call it mods
Why not? A modification is any change you make to your car so yes clear lights are a mod. It's different stroke for different folks so just because you go all out while modding doesn't mean that everyone else should. That's like saying "when you buy a car you should just buy the coolest, most expensive one out there no matter what. I mean if you're gonna buy something you should go all out." Right?

I think many people on this board only do mods because they go to meets and kinda got pressured into it. That's perfectly fine and have no problems with that. It's when they do it just for the sake of modding is when I find it funny. I mean if you don't have joy or are enthusiastic about it then what's the point?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #48
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I mean if you don't have joy or are enthusiastic about it then what's the point?
I guess when the car is one of the few things in life that make you smile, there's a point then huh....
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #49
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

5-6k is just average for modding
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #50
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Why not? A modification is any change you make to your car so yes clear lights are a mod. It's different stroke for different folks so just because you go all out while modding doesn't mean that everyone else should. That's like saying "when you buy a car you should just buy the coolest, most expensive one out there no matter what. I mean if you're gonna buy something you should go all out." Right?

I think many people on this board only do mods because they go to meets and kinda got pressured into it. That's perfectly fine and have no problems with that. It's when they do it just for the sake of modding is when I find it funny. I mean if you don't have joy or are enthusiastic about it then what's the point?
ur taking things out of context...modding cars and buying certain cars is two different things...maybe i shouldn't have said go all out, it was too much, i meant to say do it right..

this is a hobby, what im trying to say is if you're gonna mod, get all the stuff that you need to get for it...like suspension, wheels, some sort of lip kit and engine stuff...

don't just put clear lights on ur car and then say, "i'm an enthusiast, i'm a hardcore modder"

it's like those wannabe gangsters then...not sure if we're on the same page...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #51
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I guess when the car is one of the few things in life that make you smile, there's a point then huh....
If modding is something you enjoy then by all means do it. I'm just saying some people do it just for the sake of modding and then end up regretting having spent so much money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
ur taking things out of context...modding cars and buying certain cars is two different things...maybe i shouldn't have said go all out, it was too much, i meant to say do it right..

this is a hobby, what im trying to say is if you're gonna mod, get all the stuff that you need to get for it...like suspension, wheels, some sort of lip kit and engine stuff...

don't just put clear lights on ur car and then say, "i'm an enthusiast, i'm a hardcore modder"

it's like those wannabe gangsters then...not sure if we're on the same page...
Yeah I see what you're saying now. I guess that's true. I think what you're getting at is to get an all around "makeover" of the car. I.E. instead of buying just boxers, you're buying the whole suit (doesn't have to be expensive) with a tie and shoes and such.
Appreciate 0