BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #111
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Stupidest logic I've ever heard.

Why get a M3 when you can get a GTR? Why get a GTR when you can get a 911 turbo? Why get 911 turbo when you can get a Ferrari?

Get the picture?
Great idea don’t stop til you drive a Bugatti and live in a $20 million dollar costal house

Not sure why you don’t realize there are limitations to how nice of a steak one can afford even with saving or how much one cares to pay for

My first bicycle was $110 - six months later I wanted out and ended up with a $250 bike (msrp 420) The $110 bike was just not truly what I wanted and I regretted it quickly. The $250 bike was good but not great - it wasn’t a bike I could keep in my garage for a very long time. My latest bike is a $820 bike - five years laters I have zero thoughts of replacing it

Maybe you don’t like steak? Bikes more relatable?

Last edited by PoorLurker; 05-23-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 06:43 AM   #112
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Great idea don’t stop til you drive a Bugatti and live in a $20 million dollar costal house

Not sure why you don’t realize there are limitations to how nice of a steak one can afford even with saving or how much one cares to pay for

My first bicycle was $110 - six months later I wanted out and ended up with a $250 bike (msrp 420) The $110 bike was just not truly what I wanted and I regretted it quickly. The $250 bike was good but not great - it wasn’t a bike I could keep in my garage for a very long time. My latest bike is a $820 bike - five years laters I have zero thoughts of replacing it

Man I’d be pissed if I spent $820 for a bike with training wheels on it.

I understand where you’re going with this, but maybe some progression instead of jumping straight into the deep end? These things are hobbies at the end of the day. If we all waited for the right prize, I don’t think there would be a lot of people involved in this group of car nuts. Nothing wrong with an F80! (Even though with the limited knowledge of the OP’s finances I’d say it’s not a smart move)
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #113
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Man I’d be pissed if I spent $820 for a bike with training wheels on it.

I understand where you’re going with this, but maybe some progression instead of jumping straight into the deep end? These things are hobbies at the end of the day. If we all waited for the right prize, I don’t think there would be a lot of people involved in this group of car nuts. Nothing wrong with an F80! (Even though with the limited knowledge of the OP’s finances I’d say it’s not a smart move)
It also includes tassels that hang from the handle bars

There’s nothing wrong wth an F80. It’s an amazing car. It’s beautiful. My favorite looking M3. I just felt I’d offer different advice . That’s why I started my original reply with depending on...

With his limited budget his options in life are limited

If I had a lot more money I’d definitely buy an F80 - but at this income it doesn’t fit my car ownership plan

White with red interior
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #114
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
You know your finances better than a bunch of guys on a forum do.

Cars are never a good investment (unless it's some crazy rare classic), but for many of us they are a hobby (and better than a drug habit right?). Life is short, and I have known people who worked their whole life, never spent anything, and died a year after retirement. You want to be somewhere in the middle. If an F80 is your dream car and you can make it work, go for it. If buying an F80 would put you in a really bad spot financially, then it might be a good idea to keep saving for one.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 7
      05-24-2019, 08:57 AM   #115
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It also includes tassels that hang from the handle bars

There’s nothing wrong wth an F80. It’s an amazing car. It’s beautiful. My favorite looking M3. I just felt I’d offer different advice . That’s why I started my original reply with depending on...

With his limited budget his options in life are limited

If I had a lot more money I’d definitely buy an F80 - but at this income it doesn’t fit my car ownership plan

White with red interior
That's what my neighbor has. He's got an LCI ZCP that's Alpine White over Fox Red (I'm assuming it's still called Fox Red for F8x?). We were chatting about it just a couple days ago. Super pretty car! I'm partial to Yas Marina, though
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #116
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Have you ever had an M3 filet? Do you have one now? If not then I’m not certain as to why you are even commenting here or regards to this car.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #117
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
That's what my neighbor has. He's got an LCI ZCP that's Alpine White over Fox Red (I'm assuming it's still called Fox Red for F8x?). We were chatting about it just a couple days ago. Super pretty car! I'm partial to Yas Marina, though
No it’s called Sakhir orange.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1456.50
      05-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #118
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

Cars are never a good investment (unless it's some crazy rare classic), but for many of us they are a hobby (and better than a drug habit right?). Life is short, and I have known people who worked their whole life, never spent anything, and died a year after retirement. You want to be somewhere in the middle. If an F80 is your dream car and you can make it work, go for it. If buying an F80 would put you in a really bad spot financially, then it might be a good idea to keep saving for one.
Good advise Josh.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #119
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

This has always been my mentality as well; finding that happy medium of saving for retirement, having cash on hand, while also enjoying life at the same time. I don't understand those on the extreme sides of the spectrum like penny-pinching everything for retirement or living the YOLO lifestyle.
      05-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #120
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
Have you ever had an M3 filet? Do you have one now? If not then I’m not certain as to why you are even commenting here or regards to this car.
Well, this is an off topic discussion... You don't have to have owned a particular car in order to opine on the financial decision of buying one.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #121
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Well, this is an off topic discussion... You don't have to have owned a particular car in order to opine on the financial decision of buying one.
I never said that. I’m simply saying how would he know if he would want to hold out for something better if he was finically able if he’s never spent time with this car? Also, the original poster never even said he wanted another car other than the M3 did he?
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #122
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
YES!!!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. So many people on this forum hate on that color. I totally dig it and wish so badly that my M2 was available with that color.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1456.50
      05-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #123
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
YES!!!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one. So many people on this forum hate on that color. I totally dig it and wish so badly that my M2 was available with that color.
It’s Sakhir orange.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #124
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebbnsx View Post
Wait a can you speak louder? I can’t hear you from your high horse haha

Joking aside -you seem to be under the assumption that I don’t like the F80
It’s amazing, four doors, looks amazing, smells good, power for days

Yas Blue is actually my favorite color - I wanted a bike that was in that color but I always say I’m not fast enough to ride a bike that color haha

The OP never said anything about another car. Reread my first post again

I’ve had my fair share of dream cars change. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that sometimes what my dream was five years ago is different than today

I cannot and OP can not afford to keep buying dream cars assuming they will change
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #125
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Unless that M3 is new prepare yourself for maintenance. After time they're like the space shuttle.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #126
tebbnsx
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Unless that M3 is new prepare yourself for maintenance. After time they're like the space shuttle.
Uhhhhhh ok?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #127
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good man! My wife is the one that keeps poking me to get one actually. Came close to picking one up (6MT, Speed Cloth... It was the RIGHT spec). She wants LCI ZCP Yas Marina. May have to sway to DCT for her, though.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      05-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #128
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

For the longest time I had the YMB M3 as my desktop background

Then it became a YMB M3 wagon photoshop haha
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #129
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Quote:
Good man! My wife is the one that keeps poking me to get one actually. Came close to picking one up (6MT, Speed Cloth... It was the RIGHT spec). She wants LCI ZCP Yas Marina. May have to sway to DCT for her, though.
She's a keeper! But teach her to drive a manual....
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #130
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She's a keeper! But teach her to drive a manual....
I’ll teach her on the Mini S first
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #131
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

You are comparing a $100 Walmart bike to an M3?

Is an M3 equivalent to a Kia to you?
      05-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #132
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
You are comparing a $100 Walmart bike to an M3?

Is an M3 equivalent to a Kia to you?
You are still here?

I am comparing a car purchase to a bike purchase

Your post reeks of being an elitist

Elitism like that spawns from insecurity
Appreciate 0