BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

10-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
Willy33
Rep
Drives: bmw 525i

Entire bank 1 misfiring, rough idle, power loss, long crank no start

Hello Guys,

I have a 2007 6 speed manual 525i E60 N52 with 69k miles. Starts fine, then a rough idle surges up to around 12-1500 rpms then it slowly settles.. after it settles it almost stalls but "bounces off of 500 rpms up to around 7-800 over and over.. weird part is at this point when I attempt to rev the engine it maxes out around 2000k rpms if I have the pedal on the floor.. If I attempt to drive it, it does the same thing and maxes out around 20 mph.. never going much above 2000 rpms.. recent parts I've installed (within 10k miles) vanos solenoids, ccv valve kit, all spark plugs and ignition coils off the top of my head..

Codes:

29CC- dme combustion misfires several cylinders

29CD- dme Misfire Cylinder 1

29CE- dme Misfire Cylinder 2

29CF- dme Misfire Cylinder 3

2A3F- dme valvetronic actuator: power supply

2C24- dme Oxygen sensors before catalytic converter mixed up.

2A3F- dme valvetronic sluggish movement

When this first started I changed out the Valvetronic motor relay and it immediately fired up and ran great then after ignition off and restart went right back to the issue, so I then replaced the Valvetronic motor, I replaced the spark plugs in cylinder 1-3 again just to be on the safe side.. I moved around the ignition coils to see if the codes would follow, they didnt.. I checked the crankshaft position sensor for oil.. its clean.. I'm running out of ideas, Im finding it weird it's giving me misfires in the first 3 cylinders at the same time.. UPDATE: after sitting for about 2-3 weeks the car is now not turning over. I press the ignition button and it "tries" over and over until I kil it (I will add a video for reference). Does this sound like a DME issue to anyone? I'm wondering if the DME isn't communicating with bank 1.. Thanks for any input.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
Willy33
Rep
Drives: bmw 525i

attached youtube link..This is what it's doing now.. It will just crank like this until I kill it.. I ran the 20 sec fuel pump test on my Foxwell scanner and you can hear it come on and run.. I'm wondering if the Fuel pump relay was bad would the fuel pump still come on for the test? Any other ideas would be appreciated https://youtube.com/shorts/fg22Ei59f_I?feature=share
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
eng_bisher
Registered
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: Bmw e60 2009 lci

Did you try to check the voltage of the battery when the car is off
Appreciate 0