BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-30-2023, 01:26 PM   #5523
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

It's good, you barely even see the main characters and it's "hit it out of the ballpark" good.
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2023, 01:42 PM   #5524
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's good, you barely even see the main characters and it's "hit it out of the ballpark" good.
Damn, I can't wait to watch it tonight. Rare high praise from you, must be superb.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 02:11 PM   #5525
other_evolved
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Insanely good episode of television.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #5526
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

I'm getting 'blue balls' man, stop it, lmao.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 03:24 PM   #5527
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Damn, I can't wait to watch it tonight. Rare high praise from you, must be superb.
I won't run it for you but there's an aspect to it that I have been against as it has felt forced in other shows but is handled well in this instance. I think the actors help as they are seasoned professionals, not hacks.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 03:28 PM   #5528
slow_g82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 G82CX 23 X3M

Quote:
I won't run it for you but there's an aspect to it that I have been against as it has felt forced in other shows but is handled well in this instance. I think the actors help as they are seasoned professionals, not hacks.
I dont know how they do it, but they keep one upping themselves episode after episode.

Just when you think it cant get much better, it does.

Last night's episode was simply the best episode of any show that i've seen in years.

I can't wait to see how they handle Henry and Sam's story. After this episode last night, I have VERY high hopes.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 03:30 PM   #5529
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal09 View Post
I dont know how they do it, but they keep one upping themselves episode after episode.

Just when you think it cant get much better, it does.

Last night's episode was simply the best episode of any show that i've seen in years.

I can't wait to see how they handle Henry and Sam's story. After this episode last night, I have VERY high hopes.
I was underwhelemed by the first two episodes, it was good but not the elite level I was expecting, particularly episode 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #5530
slow_g82
Private
Rep

Quote:
I was underwhelemed by the first two episodes, it was good but not the elite level I was expecting, particularly episode 2.
Joel and Tess's handling of the infected was a bit weird in the museum, for being weathered survivors, they sure had a hell of a time handling them.

The removal of the spores sucks, but I can see why they went that route. It would get annoying them being in gas masks half the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 05:35 PM   #5531
Joe T
Rep
Drives: F16 X6

accidentally binged Coyote on Paramount +

LOVED it until the end of episode 6 when I realized the show ended without the remaining 4 episodes in season 1 and not continued for season 2.
'eff you paramount!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 05:47 PM   #5532
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal09 View Post
Joel and Tess's handling of the infected was a bit weird in the museum, for being weathered survivors, they sure had a hell of a time handling them.

The removal of the spores sucks, but I can see why they went that route. It would get annoying them being in gas masks half the time.
Yeah there's always a balance between "that's a stupid fucking decision" and never creating any tension but yeah, they should never have went in, we all knew that.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 06:23 PM   #5533
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Succession
Insecure
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 06:26 PM   #5534
slow_g82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah there's always a balance between "that's a stupid fucking decision" and never creating any tension but yeah, they should never have went in, we all knew that.
There was that, yes, but it was more the fact that they didn't seem to know how to handle their weapons. It was like they had never used them before.

Anyways, thats really my only gripe so far and even that's a stretch to call it one. This past episode really struck a chord with me so much that I am watching it again as I write this. I can only hope the rest of the series is the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:43 PM   #5535
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

Just watched the first two eps of "Accused" and man....its really good! Each ep is a different case being tried for various situations. So many twists, definitely worth watching!
Appreciate 3
RickFLM410954.50
Soul_Glo13342.00
      01-31-2023, 10:32 AM   #5536
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Just watched the first two eps of "Accused" and man....its really good! Each ep is a different case being tried for various situations. So many twists, definitely worth watching!
Agreed. Good show.
      01-31-2023, 10:58 AM   #5537
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok, I got the wrong impression because I thought that some crazy action was coming, but that was good too. I'm glad ppl are more accepting, and, yes, it seems forced elsewhere, this was ok and I wonder when viewers picked up on when it was going in that direction. I have no idea how it went down in the game (anyone wanna tell me the differences if it's not 'spoilery'?)?
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3602.50
      01-31-2023, 11:17 AM   #5538
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

I picked it VERY early, basically as soon as Frank identified the wine. I've become very intolerant of those sort of thing as i feels like box checking, and this show is guilty of it with Joel's daughter naturally looking nothing him racially, but this episode was done well.

In regards to action, if you look at Walking Dead, you kind of get immune to it if it happens too much and gets too silly. It's a very, very fine line. I hope to see more and more of how this parasite was identified and spread and the ensuing carnage.

The more I try to fond a show I like, the more the cast I find really makes a difference. So far, the cast in this show is just absolutely nailing it scene after scene, the lead female is very, very good for her age.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2023, 11:30 AM   #5539
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I picked it VERY early, basically as soon as Frank identified the wine. I've become very intolerant of those sort of thing as i feels like box checking, and this show is guilty of it with Joel's daughter naturally looking nothing him racially, but this episode was done well.

In regards to action, if you look at Walking Dead, you kind of get immune to it if it happens too much and gets too silly. It's a very, very fine line. I hope to see more and more of how this parasite was identified and spread and the ensuing carnage.

The more I try to fond a show I like, the more the cast I find really makes a difference. So far, the cast in this show is just absolutely nailing it scene after scene, the lead female is very, very good for her age.
Yup, I got a sense when he let him into the house, like...why? Haha. Totally understand your comment about 'checking boxes'; society can learn how to be more compassionate/understanding/etc but to be force-fed is not the way to do it and probably has the reverse effect on some viewers, making them more adamant against whatever goal the show was trying to achieve.

Agreed also wrt The Walking Dead and action, I gave up and stopped watching. This show seems different but it's way too early to tell; iirc, TWD started out great as well.

The female kid is killing me cuz I know I saw her somewhere else (I mistakenly thought she was the daughter from Hereditary): anyone know? (I don't wanna check her imdb in case it says something like she only lasts for a couple more episodes haha).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #5540
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Yup, I got a sense when he let him into the house, like...why? Haha. Totally understand your comment about 'checking boxes'; society can learn how to be more compassionate/understanding/etc but to be force-fed is not the way to do it and probably has the reverse effect on some viewers, making them more adamant against whatever goal the show was trying to achieve.

Agreed also wrt The Walking Dead and action, I gave up and stopped watching. This show seems different but it's way too early to tell; iirc, TWD started out great as well.

The female kid is killing me cuz I know I saw her somewhere else (I mistakenly thought she was the daughter from Hereditary): anyone know? (I don't wanna check her imdb in case it says something like she only lasts for a couple more episodes haha).
This is where I remember her from:

"Bella Ramsey made her professional acting debut as fierce young noblewoman Lyanna Mormont in Season 6 of HBO's 'Game of Thrones', a role that quickly became a fan favorite and saw Bella return for the next 2 seasons." ~IMDB

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm8165602/me...r/rm2809083648
      01-31-2023, 12:30 PM   #5541
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post

"Bella Ramsey made her professional acting debut as fierce young noblewoman Lyanna Mormont in Season 6 of HBO's 'Game of Thrones', a role that quickly became a fan favorite and saw Bella return for the next 2 seasons." ~IMDB

Damn!! I knew I knew her without knowing I knew her!
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3602.50
      01-31-2023, 12:46 PM   #5542
T0RM3NT
Mr. Irrelevant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX Dravit/Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Damn!! I knew I knew her without knowing I knew her!
      01-31-2023, 01:38 PM   #5543
slow_g82
Private
Rep

Quote:
I hope to see more and more of how this parasite was identified and spread and the ensuing carnage.
I half agree with you on in regards to how the parasite was identified. But Joel more or less explained it in this past episode while on the road. I personally dont feel it would add much to the show at this point if they elaborated on it more. I would love it if it showed the ensuing carnage after the breakout (I am a sucker for watching the fall of society in the wake of a catastrophe, read "The Stand" novel [Not the garbage 2020 series]) but I don't think they'll really go down that route.

I really liked what Neil said in the "after show", "When should we deviate and when should we come back? If its kind of the same or worse, we stay where the game is. If its better, we deviate".

Being that the last episode was a bit slower paced, this next episode I am willing to bet will do a complete 180 and we have a good bit of action being that they''ll be in Philly (I think thats the city they go through?).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 01:50 PM   #5544
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post

YES! You are the man for saving my brain from going in knots.
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3602.50