BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-30-2024, 06:33 AM   #1
Long_live_ice
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i, 2008 E61 530i

Manual swap Coding problems, wisdom needed - E61 2008

Hi all,

I've completed the mechanical side of the sport automatic transmission swap to manual on my 2008 E61 530i LCI, Japan market import, production date 2008-04-21, which has the Active Steering option.

Now seriously struggling with the coding side. Have eliminated transmission fault warning light successfully but have a bunch of other errors and car is currently stuck in some kind of limp emergency mode. No speedo tacho, fans constantly run when engine started, no turn signals, wipers run constantly unless I unplug wiper relay.

I have successfully removed the option for $2TB (Sport Automatic Transmission) from the VO, and default coded the CAS, LMA, KOMBI but get an error when trying to default code the EHB3 module (which I have instead of DSC module on this car).

MY QUESTION: Am I getting these issues because the MSV80 DME needs to also be reprogrammed to know the car is no longer an automatic? i.e. it is not 'self-switching' like on some other models. INPA also cannot identify the DME, it does however communicate with some other but not all modules.

Note that there is a longer version of this post over on Bimmerforums under the title "Manual swap coding desperation, help needed - E61 2008" which has links to pictures of VO, INPA errors and a lot more detail on the steps taken and equipment / software used.

Really stuck and struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel, any help here would be massively appreciated .

Best,
Andrew
Appreciate 0