BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #89
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Speaking of fake news, weren't you the one that kept repeating "Trump's kid is autistic?"
Trump made fun of the handicapped and his kid is autistic.
I said it and I'll continue to say it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #90
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
We all know it doesn't matter what they release you'll either ignore it or declare it fake.
Again.

Conviction in a court of public opinion isnt enough for me.....sorry

I'll continue to reserve judgement until some actual facts are released that support the allegation.

Last time we went through a similar sounding charade, both houses of congress allegedly reviewed the information, beat the war drums and dragged us into an invasion of iraq over the allegations of WMD's that were never there in any numbers that justified the loss of life that followed
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #91
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:
Speaking of fake news, weren't you the one that kept repeating "Trump's kid is autistic?"
And you will continue to be wrong on both.
      01-08-2017, 06:36 AM   #92
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
When you make statements like the above it says a whole lot more about you than the subject of your comment.

just saying......
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #93
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Here is why...
Attached Images

01-08-2017, 07:50 AM   #94
insanecoder
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
I believe his kid is going to some prestigious school in Manhattan
I'm sure it'd be all over gossip round town if lil Trump was actually autistic
So I'd file this under made-up or fake news coming out of a contentious election
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2367.00

01-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #95
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Again.

I'll continue to reserve judgement until some actual facts are released that support the allegation.

Last time we went through a similar sounding charade, both houses of congress allegedly reviewed the information, beat the war drums and dragged us into an invasion of iraq over the allegations of WMD's that were never there in any numbers that justified the loss of life that followed
Sure thing, we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #96
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Again.

What is different about the Iraq WMD situation is that you had a republican administration on the Executive side putting tremendous pressure on the State Department and Congress that was intent. Even commissions subsequent to investigate the faulty intelligence were not directed to focus on how the Bush Administration may have manipulated intelligence.

I quoted some Wikipedia above.

Last edited by ScottSinger; 01-08-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #97
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Again.

What is different about the Iraq WMD situation is that you had a republican administration on the Executive side putting tremendous pressure on the State Department and Congress that was intent. Even commissions subsequent to investigate the faulty intelligence were not directed to focus on how the Bush Administration may have manipulated intelligence.

I quoted some Wikipedia above.
...after 8 years of constant war-mongering by Clinton, Gore, Albright, and other leading democrats - who did nothing as the US was attacked under their watch.

Now the Obama Administration (and Democrats) is putting severe pressure on the FBI, CIA, etc. to "find" evidence of Russian hacking. That's different how?
      01-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #98
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
...after 8 years of constant war-mongering by Clinton, Gore, Albright, and other leading democrats - who did nothing as the US was attacked under their watch.

Now the Obama Administration (and Democrats) is putting severe pressure on the FBI, CIA, etc. to "find" evidence of Russian hacking. That's different how?
Don't forget the pressure from Congress is bipartisan.
Appreciate 2
VRG_135785.50
David70773.00

01-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #99
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

History may prove you correct...but I do think the Obama Administration was fundamentally functioning under a directive to minimize American military casualties. And in some aspects that kind of thinking can be the correct course of action - and a Republican administration could have easily taken the same stance. Trump will be interesting to see how he functions... Trump may use secretive pin-point responses as some think that is the method Obama used.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #100
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

History may prove you correct...but I do think the Obama Administration was fundamentally functioning under a directive to minimize American military casualties. And in some aspects that kind of thinking can be the correct course of action - and a Republican administration could have easily taken the same stance. Trump will be interesting to see how he functions... Trump may use secretive pin-point responses as some think that is the method Obama used.
I think you misunderstood my post?
      01-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #101
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

So apparently 4chan (news website?) faked a story about Trump renting the presidential suite at the Ritz where the Obama's stayed, and hiring prostitutes to piss all over the bed. Most reasonable people might be a bit skeptical, right?

But not the CIA! They apparently grabbed the story and put it in their report about Russian hacking:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...mp-report-hoax

Maybe President Trump can straighten them out?
      01-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #102
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry

Thats bullshit

Obama did something like double the US caualties in Afghanistan and it was purely a function of restrictive ROE's
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #103
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So apparently 4chan (news website?) faked a story about Trump renting the presidential suite at the Ritz where the Obama's stayed, and hiring prostitutes to piss all over the bed. Most reasonable people might be a bit skeptical, right?

But not the CIA! They apparently grabbed the story and put it in their report about Russian hacking:

Look, I have nothing but respect for our intelligence agencies and am sure there's more to this but they cannot respond to set the record straight

It is interesting though that iirc the bolluxed Iraq WMD intel that was used to justify the entire war ALSO came through british sources didnt it?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #104
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:

Still reading articles by an author signing his name as the guy from Fight Club?
      01-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #105
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Still reading articles by an author signing his name as the guy from Fight Club?
You still reading stuff that even the NY Times wont touch because of their admitted inability to validate any of it?

Hell, the National Enquirer has more integrity and does more validation of content than MSNBC/CNN and the rest of the fake news/MSM outlets
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #106
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Quote:

I don't know anything about the guy, but the article seems to be well-substantiated. Is it wrong?
      01-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #107
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Pizzagate, now Pissgate.

LOL

Pissgate sounds more like a Bill Clinton story.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #108
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Pizzagate, now Pissgate.

LOL

Pissgate sounds more like a R. Kelly story.
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #109
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I don't know anything about the guy, but the article seems to be well-substantiated. Is it wrong?
What's well-substantiated about it?

It's akin to having that article link to random peoples' Facebook accounts to say something is a hoax.

It's source is /r/TheDonald subreddit which is a social media community full of Donald Trump supporters. Anyone who even bothers to question something Trump does is banned, as they ironically, bitch about how stupid snowflakes and safe spaces are.

So yeah, not very well-substantiated.
Appreciate 1
David70773.00

01-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #110
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
FTFY
Funny thing is whoever made the fake news, they forget Trump has always been labeled a major germaphobe. Got to say, this one is more entertaining than Pizzagate. Our media is going to make this four years very fun to watch, they are proving to be relentless.
Appreciate 2
fecurtis3152.50