BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #353
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
2625
Rep
1,973
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

that's a strange looking dog
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #354
JP10
Lieutenant
JP10's Avatar
306
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Stella (Bernadoodle) and Cooper (Goldendoodle) helping me with the coilover install after taking a dip in the pool!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 5
upstatedoc2625.00
rohitsja207.50
nyalpine905290.00
Now_Rudi5999.00
Rmtt1439.50

      05-20-2019, 07:44 AM   #355
upstatedoc
pew pew
upstatedoc's Avatar
2625
Rep
1,973
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

you got your pool open already? dayum
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #356
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Sneaky Oscar

Guess who has been walking on MY couch.

Attached Images
 
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise

Last edited by cmyx6go; 05-20-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
Now_Rudi5999.00
upstatedoc2625.00
JasonCSU453.50

      05-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #357
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7773
Rep
7,349
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Guess who has been walking on MY couch.

78lb cat?????
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go2075.50

      05-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #358
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
78lb cat?????
15# cat, really soft leather = monster paw prints. I should have bought raw hide....
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #359
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5532
Rep
2,531
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
15# cat, really soft leather = monster paw prints. I should have bought raw hide....
I constructed this after Sophie blew her back out jumping off furniture. Works great as a wiener dog deterrent but I suspect your cat would just laugh at it and jump right over.

Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi5999.00
cmyx6go2075.50

      05-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #360
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I constructed this after Sophie blew her back out jumping off furniture. Works great as a wiener dog deterrent but I suspect your cat would just laugh at it and jump right over.

Yes he would, he's just sneaky. I guess that goes hand in hand with being a cat. As I said before, he has his own couch in the sitting room, and a section of my couch covered with a towel. He knows he's not allowed on the couch and won't dare attempt when we are around. When I saw the paw prints I had to laugh. I called him over and yelled at him. He knew, he put his head down in shame. I bet he's up there right now....
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 2
No one271.50
Now_Rudi5999.00

      05-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #361
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7773
Rep
7,349
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I bet he's up there right now....
sharpening his claws . . .
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go2075.50

      05-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #362
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
5999
Rep
1,291
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
sharpening his claws . . .
..... and laughing maniacally whilst writhing his little paws like an evil genius.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go2075.50

      05-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #363
chowser51
Captain
chowser51's Avatar
United_States
494
Rep
996
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW F33 430i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Here’s Miki. She was in the back for most of the ride. She moved up front when we parked and when I came back out, she’s got the “why is a human in MY seat??” look.



Also: (my daughter put on a shark scarf)
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark!

Appreciate 3
Now_Rudi5999.00
Rmtt1439.50
Dang3r2587.00

      05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #364
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7773
Rep
7,349
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

^ talker!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #365
No one
Captain
272
Rep
815
Posts

Drives: F21 118i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Undisclosed

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Yes he would, he's just sneaky. I guess that goes hand in hand with being a cat.
Not necessarily. I would guess being a cat is hating to give up just as well as confrontation. Looking for less resistant ways. His tactics does not necessarily come from his wish to avoid punishment, he might be trying to spare your feelings that way. This would make it sneaky "only" in fact, not coming from a mean nature. According to your notice he seems frustrated rather than scared with your anger.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5999.00

      05-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #366
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Not necessarily. I would guess being a cat is hating to give up just as well as confrontation. Looking for less resistant ways. His tactics does not necessarily come from his wish to avoid punishment, he might be trying to spare your feelings that way. This would make it sneaky "only" in fact, not coming from a mean nature. According to your notice he seems frustrated rather than scared with your anger.
Wow, that's pretty deep stuff for a cat walking across a couch!

He just wants to get in every place he can. Very curious. If I open a cabinet and don't close it fast enough, he walks right in. I had a workman come in for something, don't remember what. He put his bag on the floor with the zipper open. Oscar came very close to being carried out of the house.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:55 AM   #367
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8845
Rep
21,913
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

You attempt to stop a cat from being furniture? The solution there is get a dog.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #368
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Long back story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You attempt to stop a cat from being furniture? The solution there is get a dog.
Oscar rules the house. I inherited him and I've always been allergic to cats. He belongs to my other half for about 13 years. We bought a house together last year and I was in complete freak out mode that I would get very sick. My mother had cats for years and I couldn't be in the house for more than 1/2 hour and then I couldn't breathe. If I got cat hair on me I'd break out in hives and bumps. Not sure if there is such a thing as being allergic to some cats, or if it's just that I have no fabric or rugs unlike my mom's house. The floors are either tile or hardwood and there are air filters in every room. I'm sure this helps. So far, so good.

He has his spots, including his own couch, boxes with blankets, tubes, pillows and beds in every room except my bedroom. I have a baby gate on the door. He's a good cat, he doesn't do tables or counters. That would freak me out. I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

So that's my dilemma. He's on the couch, I don't know. I sit, get cat hair on me, go upstairs and cross contaminate.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #369
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4453
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Oscar rules the house. I inherited him and I've always been allergic to cats. He belongs to my other half for about 13 years. We bought a house together last year and I was in complete freak out mode that I would get very sick. My mother had cats for years and I couldn't be in the house for more than 1/2 hour and then I couldn't breathe. If I got cat hair on me I'd break out in hives and bumps. Not sure if there is such a thing as being allergic to some cats, or if it's just that I have no fabric or rugs unlike my mom's house. The floors are either tile or hardwood and there are air filters in every room. I'm sure this helps. So far, so good.

He has his spots, including his own couch, boxes with blankets, tubes, pillows and beds in every room except my bedroom. I have a baby gate on the door. He's a good cat, he doesn't do tables or counters. That would freak me out. I know I can't keep him off the couch, but he seemed to be content having one section of the couch which is covered by either a towel or blanket. The other day when I posted the picture was the first time I saw evidence of him wandering off his section. I have to be careful not to get cat hair on me. I once got a cat hair in my eye and the white of my eye literally swelled and closed over the Iris. Pretty freaking scary.

So that's my dilemma. He's on the couch, I don't know. I sit, get cat hair on me, go upstairs and cross contaminate.
So basically, you've got a cat that can suicide you any moment it chooses.

Two questions:

1. Does it realize that?
2. You said it was inherited from your ex, where did your ex originally get it from - Hillary Rodham Clinton?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #370
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So basically, you've got a cat that can suicide you any moment it chooses.

Two questions:

1. Does it realize that?
2. You said it was inherited from your ex, where did your ex originally get it from - Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Basically, yes.

I think Oscar is confused. He doesn't understand why I don't pet him or show him affection. In return he acts very needy around me. Always right under foot, walking between my feet. Sits on the floor directly behind my chair if I'm at the kitchen table. Brushes against my legs. Do you have any idea how many times a day I change and how much laundry I do?

Not my ex, my current. We got engaged and bought a house together. Before we moved in together, he spent most of his time at my house. I would be very careful when I was at his house to strip as soon as I got home and put my clothes right in the wash.

If he belonged to my ex, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
__________________
I thought I was a good person but the way I react when people drive slowly in the left lane would suggest otherwise
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #371
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4453
Rep
1,617
Posts

Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Basically, yes.

I think Oscar is confused. He doesn't understand why I don't pet him or show him affection. In return he acts very needy around me. Always right under foot, walking between my feet. Sits on the floor directly behind my chair if I'm at the kitchen table. Brushes against my legs. Do you have any idea how many times a day I change and how much laundry I do?

Not my ex, my current. We got engaged and bought a house together. Before we moved in together, he spent most of his time at my house. I would be very careful when I was at his house to strip as soon as I got home and put my clothes right in the wash.

If he belonged to my ex, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
My bad - reading comprehension failed me there. I had thought I read ex somewhere, but clearly not.

Cats can live a long time, as I'm sure you are aware. My wife is allergic to our dog, but he'll probably only live for 4-6 more years because their life expectancy is much lower. Strangely, she's on board with getting another dog (I think mostly for our kids who just love having a dog and it is going to be really hard on them when Mac goes...especially my 2 year old).

Have you discussed with your fiancé what the intent is when Oscar goes...because he may want another cat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #372
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
2076
Rep
1,178
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
My bad - reading comprehension failed me there. I had thought I read ex somewhere, but clearly not.

Cats can live a long time, as I'm sure you are aware. My wife is allergic to our dog, but he'll probably only live for 4-6 more years because their life expectancy is much lower. Strangely, she's on board with getting another dog (I think mostly for our kids who just love having a dog and it is going to be really hard on them when Mac goes...especially my 2 year old).

Have you discussed with your fiancé what the intent is when Oscar goes...because he may want another cat?
Not happening. Oscar is a good boy. He’s trained. He’s clean. No accidents. He doesn’t climb on tables, counters, appliances. Not sure if it’s because of his age or if he was trained well. A new cat means an agile kitten that will be all over everything. No freakin way. I’d be open to a dog, or a parrot. But not a cat. I’d like to enjoy a pet that I can actually touch and play with. I do feel bad that Oscar doesn’t understand I can’t touch him.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #373
No one
Captain
272
Rep
815
Posts

Drives: F21 118i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Undisclosed

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Wow, that's pretty deep stuff for a cat walking across a couch!

He just wants to get in every place he can. Very curious. If I open a cabinet and don't close it fast enough, he walks right in. I had a workman come in for something, don't remember what. He put his bag on the floor with the zipper open. Oscar came very close to being carried out of the house.
I just had to look up "sneaky" (you had accused Oscar and "every cat" of being) and it turned out not that they were fond of sneaking everywhere as I would've thought and you just appear to confirm having actually meant.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #374
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7773
Rep
7,349
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I do feel bad that Oscar doesn’t understand I can’t touch him.
Have you TOLD Oscar why you won't touch him???? He's a male cat, he can't read your mind!




women
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi5999.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST