BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

12-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
itoldyou2wice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

WTB 550i and some questions

Hi all - new member and wanted to ask some knowledgeable folks some q's.

I'm considering a high mileage 550i (thinking ~150,000). Always wanted a BMW, and I'm considering driving for UBER. Here's the deal - I was thinking of a nice car that would get me decent 5 star reviews but at the same time, one that wouldn't break the bank. I figure, if I'm going to be putting mileage on the car, I'd want to get one that's fairly cheap, one where the car has already survived some depreciation. Again, it'd be important to have a 1 or 2 owner vehicle that has been well maintained to ensure I'm not running into a problem as soon as I make the purchase.

My wish list for this 550i.

2006/2007
6MT
Color not too particular but BLK or BLU would be nice
Higher Mileage
1 or 2 owner with all docs.

I'm looking for an opinion from you folks. Do you think this is a good idea (and where can I find this unique vehicle? I've searched Autotrader/Craigslist/Cargurus/Cars.com/Aol.Autos/etc...)? What's your experience with high mileage on your E60s? Reliability helps.

I'm hoping there would be a good online classifieds section for an E60, but it's been hard to find. Seems the F10 has a marketplace, but the E60/61 section doesn't...am I wrong?

I'd obviously also consider the 530i but the V8 would be ideal for my own enjoyment. I feel the 6MT also is a must. I want to enjoy the car I'm going to be driving around in. I also am an independent contractor as a property inspector and do a lot of driving around, so this vehicle could be used for that as well. I figure, spending ~10,000k on a high mileage 550i, putting 50k miles on it in a year or two and I could limit my losses on the resale value.

Please chime in with your thoughts.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0