BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
M5poe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V10 All Black

heads up guys - I heard this whole robbinhood rally is a scam and you should all be carefull, read the deceiving details that give you, and why would they ask for a deposit if they were making a tv show?? they should be paying you! a member on another forum has already goten their paypal account suspended. BE careful!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
      01-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #25
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

This is definitely real and is going to happen.

I was at the Kick Off party at the Marriot in Stamford Ct. last night. There were at least 200 people there including some well respected people from the motorsports world.
There are already a number of drivers signed up and I spoke to several of them.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

not sure it is scam, seems odd they would charge but could make sense if they do not have deal yet, which could be what is happening and they have to film it first then pitch it to networks. Just a thought plus charging $5K to participate makes sure you get people who are not a bunch of nuts jobs, however, money can make some people nuts.

Here is information on the website to show you who owns it seems to line up, at least it is now someone trying to use companies background.

Registrant:
CF Partners LLC

13 Berge Lane
Derry, New Hampshire 03038
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ROBINHOODRALLY.COM
Created on: 18-Feb-09
Expires on: 18-Feb-12
Last Updated on: 07-Dec-09

Administrative Contact:
Condodemetraky, Stephan scondo@cfpartnersllc.com
CF Partners LLC
13 Berge Lane
United States
6034348218 Fax -- 6034348755

Technical Contact:
CF Partners LLC
13 Berge Lane
United States
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #27
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
not sure it is scam, seems odd they would charge but could make sense if they do not have deal yet, which could be what is happening and they have to film it first then pitch it to networks. Just a thought plus charging $5K to participate makes sure you get people who are not a bunch of nuts jobs, however, money can make some people nuts.

Here is information on the website to show you who owns it seems to line up, at least it is now someone trying to use companies background.

Registrant:
CF Partners LLC

13 Berge Lane
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ROBINHOODRALLY.COM
Created on: 18-Feb-09
Expires on: 18-Feb-12
Last Updated on: 07-Dec-09

Administrative Contact:
CF Partners LLC
13 Berge Lane
United States

Technical Contact:
CF Partners LLC
13 Berge Lane
United States
That is correct information.

I know Stephan and I saw him last night at the Kickoff Party for the Robin Hood Rally at the Marriot in Stamford Connecticutt. Stephan helped set up The Drivers Club at Lime Rock (I am a member). Stephan lives in New Hampshire.

AFAIK this is an independent production and is not being produced by NBC but there is a very legit production team behind it. I spoke to a few people last night we will be participating. One will be driving a Mini Cooper and the other will be driving an Acura Integra.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #28
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

The Robin Hood Rally is going to happen. There are already several dozen paricipants signed up. I was at the Kickoff party last week and met a number of them. There is a production team in place and the members of the team have some impressive credentials.

There is another event coming up in February at GPNY (Go Kart Track) and they will be presenting to the Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society at Sardi's in NYC in March. "Chowder" is the premier group of New York City and east coast based automobiles enthusiasts. The group is composed of world champion race car drivers, automobile industry executives, advertising executives and the most hardcore lovers of 2 and 4 wheel vehicles. Previous members (known as "ChowderHeads" include Vincent Sardi, Phil Hill, Waler Cronkite and Rene Dreyfus. A recent speaker was Victor Muller of Spyker Cars and previous speakers have included Chris Ecomomaki, Reeves Calloway and John Fitch.

I know there were some skeptics here but this is rapidly coming together and is a legitimate event.

There are more details on their web site:
www.robinhoodrally.com

CA

Last edited by captainaudio; 02-01-2010 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #29
captainaudio
United_States
Rep

This is a legitimate event and is coming together rapidly.

Motor Trend Magazine is now on board.

http://www.motortrend.com/womt/112_1..._tv/index.html

CA

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #30
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

So guys, a follow up. Not sure if everyone here will get a notice.

I was one of the participants on the show. I'll keep it short and concise.

It was an incredible time. Dangerous yes, but it was exactly what I signed up for. I finished VERY well in the 2nd event, made me eligible for one of the grand prizes.

Few guys got hurt but it was exactly what we knew could happen.

They went bankrupt. No developments for over 1.5 years now. Lawsuits from investors, etc.

The entry fee and costs of participation was SO worth it. I have life-long friends whom I met on that show, and we are somewhat of a small family. If we had the show rights in our hands I'm confident we'd be able to make it a success. Just very poor management. Will definitely sign up for one of these concepts if it arose in the near future. All in all, no regrets. One of the best memories of ALL my motor sports experiences.
Appreciate 0