BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #6403
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
If social media is any kind of a measuring stick here, you don't need to look like a model these days. Just make sure you keep those Lambo keys in a very noticeable, yet not too obvious place. They'll be following you home like the Pied Piper.
I try to keep those as hidden as possible. Even the M3 is dubious for taking someone out in.
Appreciate 4
      04-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #6404
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Body type can be changed, just takes discipline. Plus not everyone is looking for some ripped guy with a 12" dick. One of my coworkers at a previous employer was north of 300 lbs. The guy was massive and round. Nicest guy in the world, and although he was married, when we went out for company functions women would flock to him. They found him approachable, harmless, and like a big teddy bear. It was quite funny to watch all the tatted up tough guys at the bar stare in disgust as these women sat at our tables and chatted him up.

I've seen some pretty hot women walking around with some disgusting dudes. They definitely didn't drive M cars and many looked like they had nothing going for them. One of my high school friends was a cheerleader, dancer, etc and has the body of a fitness model. Shes currently dating some guy with no job who she has to drive around because he lost his license. Some women are more content finding someone they don't have to worry about straying away from them than a guy they find super attractive.
Sadly, I'm not like that and don't seem to have the same luck as him. Might be the introvert in me not helping.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #6405
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Please list the names of said good apps.
Sadly for me, when you have a body like Jabba the Hut and a face perfect for radio, no app is a good app.
Jesus Christ man

Thanks for the laughs
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #6406
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Please list the names of said good apps.
Retro-posting spambot probability - 65% and climbing.....
      04-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #6407
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
dinonz introvert or not, you are a nice humble and fairly successful guy. So clearly when you want something you can get it done.

On other news, I've been digging into Tinder lately. Being alone in my apartment with only my boys to talk to from Discord, we actually got fairly far. If anyone's interested I'd love to detail my findings.

The most important thing, though is: Don't do Tinder
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15581.00
      04-27-2020, 09:28 PM   #6408
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
dinonz introvert or not, you are a nice humble and fairly successful guy. So clearly when you want something you can get it done.

On other news, I've been digging into Tinder lately. Being alone in my apartment with only my boys to talk to from Discord, we actually got fairly far. If anyone's interested I'd love to detail my findings.

He can make the profile pic of him between the Diablo and the Countach and see what happens lol.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #6409
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:

Tinder blows, every-time I match with someone I either: A.) Have already matched with her and there was no connection (she ghosted/ I ghosted) etc.. B.) She isn't about it. C.) Already know her.

Even being an introvert I like to think I have better success irl. I'm not very photogenic, but I have above average game after a few beers, anymore and I'm off.

Quarantine has college chicks acting different though, my matches are up, but I'm not feeling the urge to hang out. Everyone just wants someone to talk to, which is fine, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this.

Also, all of our fraternity events are now shut down indefinitely, so this is not looking promising for fall either. Which really sucks, because I am graduating in the fall and have all easy classes.

Edit:... what is "fairly far?" ... you talking about a Tinder chick?
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 09:46 PM   #6410
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
He can make the profile pic of him between the Diablo and the Countach and see what happens lol.
eh i have a picture holding the boring company flamethrower and in the middle of lake michigan; the key isn't necessarily in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Tinder blows, every-time I match with someone I either: A.) Have already matched with her and there was no connection (she ghosted/ I ghosted) etc.. B.) She isn't about it. C.) Already know her.

Even being an introvert I like to think I have better success irl. I'm not very photogenic, but I have above average game after a few beers, anymore and I'm off.

Quarantine has college chicks acting different though, my matches are up, but I'm not feeling the urge to hang out. Everyone just wants someone to talk to, which is fine, but I'm not sure how much longer I can take this.

Also, all of our fraternity events are now shut down indefinitely, so this is not looking promising for fall either. Which really sucks, because I am graduating in the fall and have all easy classes.

Edit:... what is "fairly far?" ... you talking about a Tinder chick?
Oof that sucks bro, sorry to hear that. What frat?

And no not a chick, we've been trying to figure out how Tinder works. Most of what I've been able to find is not exciting stuff but hey information is information. I do need more data points to fully reach conclusions though and for some reason I'm having trouble pulling data a 3rd time from Tinder.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 10:22 PM   #6411
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
eh i have a picture holding the boring company flamethrower and in the middle of lake michigan; the key isn't necessarily in pictures

Oof that sucks bro, sorry to hear that. What frat?

And no not a chick, we've been trying to figure out how Tinder works. Most of what I've been able to find is not exciting stuff but hey information is information. I do need more data points to fully reach conclusions though and for some reason I'm having trouble pulling data a 3rd time from Tinder.
Ahh man, I was hoping for some pointers, it's hard out here for a pimp.

What exactly are you trying to figure out? The algorithm? I know one thing, it completely changes when you go gold. My buddy has it and its an absolute game changer. He's getting several high end matches a day and seeing people I didn't even know existed. All I see are like 4's and under I swear. It's total pay to play at this point.

And I'm in sigma chi.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #6412
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh man, I was hoping for some pointers, it's hard out here for a pimp.

What exactly are you trying to figure out? The algorithm? I know one thing, it completely changes when you go gold. My buddy has it and its an absolute game changer. He's getting several high end matches a day and seeing people I didn't even know existed. All I see are like 4's and under I swear. It's total pay to play at this point.

And I'm in sigma chi.
Ooooooh data point alert

It does change when you pay them, clearly, but I want to see the effect of it. Tinder calculates your swipe to match ratio, and unless you're very, very selective (10% match rate signals you are either a greek god or you're very selective) you don't see hot chicks to say the least.

I want to examine the effects of artificially inflating numbers. It seemingly worked, but I can't give any quantitative data on it so I can't also recommend it. I don't know how many profiles I swiped left on, primarily because seems Tinder has a monthly limit on data requests (which is slightly illegal per GDPR but idk about america), but once I figure that out I should be able to give you a better answer.

Because this would effectively mean you run a command, inflate your left swipes and your match ratio, system thinks you're "hotter" so you see hotter chicks and you match if your pics and bio complement the "league" tinder puts you in.

Setting a new location also boosts your profile so you run out of likes and buy the plus/gold faster. You can also see 10 of your most liked, if a match liked you before you liked her, her instagram pictures etc there's actually a scary amount of data that Tinder collects on you for either no reason or their algorithm is much more complicated than I can ever grasp as a civil engineer.

If I asked you to pull your stats and your boy's stats and send them would I be asking too much? This goes out to anyone who'd love to help me out with my pseudo-research
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2020, 05:05 AM   #6413
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Body type can be changed, just takes discipline. Plus not everyone is looking for some ripped guy with a 12" dick. One of my coworkers at a previous employer was north of 300 lbs. The guy was massive and round. Nicest guy in the world, and although he was married, when we went out for company functions women would flock to him. They found him approachable, harmless, and like a big teddy bear. It was quite funny to watch all the tatted up tough guys at the bar stare in disgust as these women sat at our tables and chatted him up.

I've seen some pretty hot women walking around with some disgusting dudes. They definitely didn't drive M cars and many looked like they had nothing going for them. One of my high school friends was a cheerleader, dancer, etc and has the body of a fitness model. Shes currently dating some guy with no job who she has to drive around because he lost his license. Some women are more content finding someone they don't have to worry about straying away from them than a guy they find super attractive.
This is the truth. My wife honestly doesn't like the way my body is. I've asked her to explain why...but basically it came down to what you said....me being hit on or straying.

Plus I will admit I do go a little overboard on the gym. Most women like a slim toned build, not someone who looks "contest ready".

I have showed her pictures of me from 20+ years ago when I was the same and told her that I was never about that. Working out and having a nice physique should be because you want to do for yourself...not anyone else.

Plus when I am committed to someone.....I'm a fiercely loyal person. I have never cheated on anyone I have been with....and when single I would never date anyone that was involved with someone else.
dinonz3214.00
cmyx6go15581.00
      04-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #6414
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I had considered that - create another profile, same information, but in the pics only have pics of my house, pool, Ferrari, Lamborghinis, and maybe the M3. And maybe a distant shot of me to indicate that I do exist - and then see what responses I get to that account.
Appreciate 3
      04-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #6415
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This is the truth. My wife honestly doesn't like the way my body is. I've asked her to explain why...but basically it came down to what you said....me being hit on or straying.

Plus I will admit I do go a little overboard on the gym. Most women like a slim toned build, not someone who looks "contest ready".

I have showed her pictures of me from 20+ years ago when I was the same and told her that I was never about that. Working out and having a nice physique should be because you want to do for yourself...not anyone else.

Plus when I am committed to someone.....I'm a fiercely loyal person. I have never cheated on anyone I have been with....and when single I would never date anyone that was involved with someone else.
Good man! I am also this way.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #6416
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sadly, I'm not like that and don't seem to have the same luck as him. Might be the introvert in me not helping.
Being an introvert is tough, and I say that as someone who is still an introvert for the most part.

I didn't date anyone until the last year of high school. I had changed schools a few times growing up, and meeting people was not a strong point I had. During college I took a few courses that forced me to do public speaking in front of large groups, and I emerged from my shell with more confidence.
Now most of my friends would probably consider me to be outgoing, even though I'm still mostly an introvert on the inside.

It's okay to be an introvert, but you have to put yourself out there, women won't usually come to you. Being the loudest most annoying guy at a party isn't great either, you want to be somewhere in the middle. That old saying "fake it till you make it"? It works.

Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15581.00
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      04-28-2020, 08:58 AM   #6417
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had considered that - create another profile, same information, but in the pics only have pics of my house, pool, Ferrari, Lamborghinis, and maybe the M3. And maybe a distant shot of me to indicate that I do exist - and then see what responses I get to that account.
I have a feeling that if you create a profile like that, any responses you get will be from gold diggers or people who don't have your best interests in mind.

Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
premier3is1627.00
      04-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #6418
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a feeling that if you create a profile like that, any responses you get will be from gold diggers or people who don't have your best interests in mind.
Oh - I would expect that too. I would just be curious as to who responded.
Appreciate 4
      04-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #6419
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
^This. CT beat me to it. Unless you just want to get some, I wouldn't do it.
vreihen1614906.00
      04-28-2020, 09:17 AM   #6420
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I mean, if he's rusty, it might not be a bad idea. Gain some confidence?

I swear woman sense when you're getting action.

Single: can't even get a girl to look your direction.
Relationship: Can't keep them away.

Appreciate 3
      04-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #6421
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
It would be more of an experiment than a tool. I would just be interested in seeing who responded.

I posted a joke ad on Craigslist about adopting pup or a kitten was fine, but I was going to step up and adopt an exotic dancer in these tough times. I think the joke was posted here in the LOL picture thread. What amazed me with that is that 90% of the responses were from guys asking for pictures or stats or asking if I had found a daddy yet - can you morons even READ? The wording was clear that I'm a dude looking to adopt a dancer, but so many men just see what they want to see and hit reply.

Be interested to see how many women see what they're looking for in a profile full of cars and luxury.
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
vreihen1614906.00
      04-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #6422
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I mean, if he's rusty, it might not be a bad idea. Gain some confidence?

I swear woman sense when you're getting action.

Single: can't even get a girl to look your direction.
Relationship: Can't keep them away.

Rusty? Seized up beyond all repair
Appreciate 3
      04-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #6423
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ooooooh data point alert

It does change when you pay them, clearly, but I want to see the effect of it. Tinder calculates your swipe to match ratio, and unless you're very, very selective (10% match rate signals you are either a greek god or you're very selective) you don't see hot chicks to say the least.

I want to examine the effects of artificially inflating numbers. It seemingly worked, but I can't give any quantitative data on it so I can't also recommend it. I don't know how many profiles I swiped left on, primarily because seems Tinder has a monthly limit on data requests (which is slightly illegal per GDPR but idk about america), but once I figure that out I should be able to give you a better answer.

Because this would effectively mean you run a command, inflate your left swipes and your match ratio, system thinks you're "hotter" so you see hotter chicks and you match if your pics and bio complement the "league" tinder puts you in.

Setting a new location also boosts your profile so you run out of likes and buy the plus/gold faster. You can also see 10 of your most liked, if a match liked you before you liked her, her instagram pictures etc there's actually a scary amount of data that Tinder collects on you for either no reason or their algorithm is much more complicated than I can ever grasp as a civil engineer.

If I asked you to pull your stats and your boy's stats and send them would I be asking too much? This goes out to anyone who'd love to help me out with my pseudo-research
Yea, but where do you even find them? Don't you have to like request data from tinder?

Not sure if this is what you're after, but I've only gotten laid once via tinder and this is with over 100 matches in the past year. My buddy on the other hand is well over 10 and not sure on number of matches. I know one thing, he swipes right on anyone with a pulse and still manages to match with quality chicks.

With the gold super likes, and unlimited swipes they put your profile out there / cycle you around significantly more.

Maybe I'm just ugly though.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #6424
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, but where do you even find them? Don't you have to like request data from tinder?

Not sure if this is what you're after, but I've only gotten laid once via tinder and this is with over 100 matches in the past year. My buddy on the other hand is well over 10 and not sure on number of matches. I know one thing, he swipes right on anyone with a pulse and still manages to match with quality chicks.

With the gold super likes, and unlimited swipes they put your profile out there / cycle you around significantly more.

Maybe I'm just ugly though.
Point #1 - i'm sure you're not ugly and that's exactly why I advocate against tinder. I'm letting you know the data you'll see is going to be horrible; I had ~100ish matches since November 2019 with a match rate of 2.69%. That means of the pool of women I saw and thought were hot, only 2.69% also thought I was hot. That stat will hit differently the first time you calculate it and it's horrible for one's self-worth

How's your in person game looking? I'd also argue Tinder has the drawback of, women on their phones.
Appreciate 2