BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-22-2023, 08:29 PM   #1079
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Leave it to McCarthy and his terrible clock management. They need a new coach.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      01-22-2023, 08:45 PM   #1080
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Such lazy playing, they deserve to lose. Wow...
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 08:56 PM   #1081
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Losing Pollard was devastating. And Dak's two turnovers certainly didn't help. SMDH

I'll be pulling for Burrow and the Bengals.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 09:03 PM   #1082
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Dallas should be way up in this game as Purdy is looking like a 7th rounder.
How should the Cowboys be "way up"? You must be a Cowboys fan. Purdy outplayed Dak Prescott from the start and played a relatively clean game. The Cowboys have been outplayed and outcoached for two straight postseasons by the 49ers. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 09:21 PM   #1083
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
How should the Cowboys be "way up"? You must be a Cowboys fan. Purdy outplayed Dak Prescott from the start and played a relatively clean game. The Cowboys have been outplayed and outcoached for two straight postseasons by the 49ers. End of story.
Another clueless one here who thinks I’m a Dallas fan. I tell it how it is as Purdy’s luck ran out and Dallas had opportunities to put this game away. Dak didn’t execute and McCarthy once again cannot manage time.

End of story.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 10:14 PM   #1084
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Another clueless one here who thinks I’m a Dallas fan. I tell it how it is as Purdy’s luck ran out and Dallas had opportunities to put this game away. Dak didn’t execute and McCarthy once again cannot manage time.

End of story.
Purdy's luck ran out but didn't turn the ball over and moved the ball well enough to secure a W for his team. The offense picked up 21 first downs, half of which came passing the football and converted half of their third downs. Not following the circular logic. Maybe you aren't a Cowboys fan but you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about or what you just saw. Keep telling it how it is though.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:50 AM   #1085
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:

End of story.
Dude, did they show a different game in your area?

Purdy made all of the throws he needed to in order to win that game late. Dak just sucks.....he is a mid-level QB and on a career year is a top-10 QB. That's about it. It's not like this is news. Might still be enough to get them to a NFC Championship game one day.....lots of parody in the league today.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 02:55 AM   #1086
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Purdy's luck ran out but didn't turn the ball over and moved the ball well enough to secure a W for his team. The offense picked up 21 first downs, half of which came passing the football and converted half of their third downs. Not following the circular logic. Maybe you aren't a Cowboys fan but you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about or what you just saw. Keep telling it how it is though.
You need new glasses Clark as Dallas was in this whole game and they blew it. That’s all I’m saying. Don’t get your thong in a bunch and please get your fax straight before accusing who I’m a fan of.

Cheers.

Last edited by F30lolz; 01-23-2023 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 02:59 AM   #1087
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Dude, did they show a different game in your area?

Purdy made all of the throws he needed to in order to win that game late. Dak just sucks.....he is a mid-level QB and on a career year is a top-10 QB. That's about it. It's not like this is news. Might still be enough to get them to a NFC Championship game one day.....lots of parody in the league today.
Dude, did you not see it was close the whole game? Dallas didn’t capitalize and could have won this game. I speak the truth unlike rambling like Clark up there. Yes I agree, Dak isn’t an elite QB but he gets paid $40M/year for mediocre play and they have an incompetent head coach to boot. Which is why I was glad that they signed Dak to that massive contract as it was great news for the other teams in the NFC East. Now they’re stuck with him.

Now for next week, I’m rooting for the Bengals as I’m KC’d out and I’ll root for San Fran but can Purdy keep up with Hurts?

Last edited by F30lolz; 01-23-2023 at 05:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 06:50 AM   #1088
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

Holy Sh#t, Dallas is such a dumb team. That last ~2:30 of the game might have been the worst football I ever watched. Garbage time management, running directly into an almost safety, not going out of bounds up field, not getting your right foot down on an easy catch and then a weird formation just to throw a 9yd pass into the middle of the field in an attempt to murder your receiver.

What a mess.

Next week is going to be a good game. Eagles/9ers are well matched. I hope our advantage at QB is the difference.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2023, 07:58 AM   #1089
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
Holy Sh#t, Dallas is such a dumb team. That last ~2:30 of the game might have been the worst football I ever watched. Garbage time management, running directly into an almost safety, not going out of bounds up field, not getting your right foot down on an easy catch and then a weird formation just to throw a 9yd pass into the middle of the field in an attempt to murder your receiver.

What a mess.

Next week is going to be a good game. Eagles/9ers are well matched. I hope our advantage at QB is the difference.
Philly cannot let San Fran hang around but I think it’ll be close down to the wire. Depends if Purdy can find his magic again but that team is hot and haven’t lost a game since Oct 23rd. This team just finds ways to win ballgames.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 09:15 AM   #1090
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Philly cannot let San Fran hang around but I think it’ll be close down to the wire. Depends if Purdy can find his magic again but that team is hot and haven’t lost a game since Oct 23rd. This team just finds ways to win ballgames.
it is an interesting matchup on paper
The eagles have the #2 defense and #3 offense vs San Fran #1 / #5
San Fran has the better coaching staff by a small margin
Philly has the better QB and offensive line
San Fran has the better running back and tight end (but Goedert is not far behind)
Eagles have the better WR tandem

On D, Bosa is clearly the best individual, but the eagles have the better total defensive line (led the nfl by 15 sacks and had 5 more against Daniel Jones). It will be interesting to see if Purdy can handle pressure that he hasn't really seen yet.

San Fran has better LBs Philly has better Corners / Secondary.

Philly with the bye week and home field + making San Fran fly across country all push this in the Eagles favor. I'm on the record Eagles by 6 27-21

I'll be at the game. Monday is going to be a rough one regardless of the outcome.
Appreciate 1
3798j11413.50
      01-23-2023, 09:42 AM   #1091
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Cowboys should have won that game, but dak throwing 2 picks, 1 on his side of the 50 leading to 3 and one in the redzone that was at minimum a 6pt swing. 49ers werent able to do much on offense all game until late. If Cowboys are up 9-6 or 12-13 to 6 at half, I think its a different game the 2nd half. Purdy's offense was averaging 35ppg and the Cowboys held him to 19, with not a lot of help from the offense. CMC was kept in check nearly all game, Purdy was ineffective most of the game, and the Cowboys defense was all over that backfield. That dropped int by Diggs before the 49ers TD was huge too.

Overall, Cowboys over achieved this season compared to most predictions in the preseason, so there are some positives. This offseason need to add a wr who can get separation, and hope Tolbert makes improvements, add a starter to the OL and DL, get some depth at DL, and get a replacement for pollard or zeke (if he doesnt take a pay cut). Quinn probably gone, I hope Kellen is gone too, and McCarthy should be able to bring in his own OC and DC. Quinn was his DC Choice, and i have hope he can find another solid DC and similar quality OC.

If they can bring in some WR help, and an OC who doesnt run peewee level routes and schemes, Dak wont need to be forcing the ball in to tight windows, which will bring his turnovers to what his average is. This season was out of the norm for him, and half his ints were on non-turnover worthy throws. His Bad Throw % and on target % were right in line with his career average, but his turnover % was double.

F30lolz Cowboys winning it all next season. dont worry.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 09:47 AM   #1092
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dude, did you not see it was close the whole game? Dallas didn’t capitalize and could have won this game. I speak the truth unlike rambling like Clark up there. Yes I agree, Dak isn’t an elite QB but he gets paid $40M/year for mediocre play and they have an incompetent head coach to boot. Which is why I was glad that they signed Dak to that massive contract as it was great news for the other teams in the NFC East. Now they’re stuck with him.

Now for next week, I’m rooting for the Bengals as I’m KC’d out and I’ll root for San Fran but can Purdy keep up with Hurts?
This year was an anomaly for dak as far as ints go. Hes still a top 10 qb, he completely owns the NFC East (27-6 for his career), and he'll bounce back, especially if we can get a real OC. He hasnt lost to the Giants since his rookie year. I know youll like that stat.

Daniel Jones about to get a fat contract too. 40m/yr for a QB is #9 for highest paid QBs right now, and Lamar about to get paid as well. Will be #10+ in the league at the start of next season.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 10:24 AM   #1093
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
it is an interesting matchup on paper
The eagles have the #2 defense and #3 offense vs San Fran #1 / #5
San Fran has the better coaching staff by a small margin
Philly has the better QB and offensive line
San Fran has the better running back and tight end (but Goedert is not far behind)
Eagles have the better WR tandem

On D, Bosa is clearly the best individual, but the eagles have the better total defensive line (led the nfl by 15 sacks and had 5 more against Daniel Jones). It will be interesting to see if Purdy can handle pressure that he hasn't really seen yet.

San Fran has better LBs Philly has better Corners / Secondary.

Philly with the bye week and home field + making San Fran fly across country all push this in the Eagles favor. I'm on the record Eagles by 6 27-21

I'll be at the game. Monday is going to be a rough one regardless of the outcome.
As much as I want San Fran to win this game (underdog), I think the Eagles will
advance. Still mad that my Giants didn’t show up against the Eagles as that was an awful performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Cowboys should have won that game, but dak throwing 2 picks, 1 on his side of the 50 leading to 3 and one in the redzone that was at minimum a 6pt swing. 49ers werent able to do much on offense all game until late. If Cowboys are up 9-6 or 12-13 to 6 at half, I think it’s a different game the 2nd half. Purdy's offense was averaging 35ppg and the Cowboys held him to 19, with not a lot of help from the offense. CMC was kept in check nearly all game, Purdy was ineffective most of the game, and the Cowboys defense was all over that backfield. That dropped int by Diggs before the 49ers TD was huge too.

Overall, Cowboys over achieved this season compared to most predictions in the preseason, so there are some positives. This offseason need to add a wr who can get separation, and hope Tolbert makes improvements, add a starter to the OL and DL, get some depth at DL, and get a replacement for pollard or zeke (if he doesnt take a pay cut). Quinn probably gone, I hope Kellen is gone too, and McCarthy should be able to bring in his own OC and DC. Quinn was his DC Choice, and i have hope he can find another solid DC and similar quality OC.

If they can bring in some WR help, and an OC who doesnt run peewee level routes and schemes, Dak wont need to be forcing the ball in to tight windows, which will bring his turnovers to what his average is. This season was out of the norm for him, and half his ints were on non-turnover worthy throws. His Bad Throw % and on target % were right in line with his career average, but his turnover % was double.

F30lolz Cowboys winning it all next season. dont worry.
Quote:
This year was an anomaly for dak as far as ints go. Hes still a top 10 qb, he completely owns the NFC East (27-6 for his career), and he'll bounce back, especially if we can get a real OC. He hasnt lost to the Giants since his rookie year. I know youll like that stat.

Daniel Jones about to get a fat contract too. 40m/yr for a QB is #9 for highest paid QBs right now, and Lamar about to get paid as well. Will be #10+ in the league at the start of next season.
Glad you’ve came out from under the rock. You’ve said countless years that next year will be Dallas’ year when in fact you’ve been social distancing the NFC Championship game since 1997! Let’s hear it, you want McCarthy back? Two more years on Dak’s contract. Extend or you want a change? $40M for a average QB is really nothing to stand on top of a mountain and pump your chest for but you do you. The excuses keep on coming.

Daniel Jones played above average all season but had his worst game against the Eagles. Something tells me that Daboll/Schoen might go in another direction at QB as they might think even with WR’s, he might not be enough to get them to where they want to go. He’ll be cheaper than Lamar (overrated) and might cost the same as Jimmy G (always injured). Rogers couldn’t handle NY with his drama, therefore, Jones might net $40M a year.

Last edited by F30lolz; 01-23-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 11:01 AM   #1094
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Glad you’ve came out from under the rock. You’ve said countless years that next year will be Dallas’ year when in fact you’ve been social distancing the NFC Championship game since 1997! Let’s hear it, you want McCarthy back? Two more years on Dak’s contract. Extend or you want a change? $40M for a average QB is really nothing to stand on top of a mountain and pump your chest for but you do you. The excuses keep on coming.

Daniel Jones played above average all season but had his worst game against the Eagles. Something tells me that Daboll/Schoen might go in another direction at QB as they might think even with WR’s, he might not be enough to get them to where they want to go. He’ll be cheaper than Lamar (overrated) and might cost the same as Jimmy G (always injured). Rogers couldn’t handle NY with his drama, therefore, Jones might net $40M a year.
Yes i want Dak back. Hes been a top 10 qb since entering the league. Unless you can get a mahomes, who are you replacing dak with thats going to be better? Again, this year with ints was flukey. had a career 1.8% int percentage and this year was 3.8%. With ~17% bad throws, right at his career average, and ~77% on target throws, right at his career average. Half his picks came off non-turnover worthy throws, because hes throwing to a not fully back Gallup and a borderline WR3 that should be playing special teams not starting at WR.

As for McCarthy, he had back to back 12 win seasons, went 4-1 with a backup qb this year, and if he can get a new OC, I have no doubt the offense will be good again. This was supposed to be a mini-rebuild year, with cutting cap in Amari and Lael, and saving up for the upcoming deals for Diggs, Parson, and others. We were down to our CB 4 and 5, and starting guys we picked up off the street just a few weeks ago. OL banged up, DL banged up, and still were in a position to make a run.

Sean Payton is going to cost a 1st + to get him, and his coaching record is very similar to McCarthy, so hard pass on that. Kellen Moore is the last of the Garrett/Linehan coaching tree, and like we saw during Garrett's time, the offenses never can seem to get over the hump. Time to move on from that. Since the early 2000s, weve had linehan, garrett and now moore as the OC.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 11:39 AM   #1095
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:

What a mess.
SF near the end failed to max out running out the time but hey at least they had the lead.

Pretty much this, good summary. I feel sorry for Cowboys fans, just wow. Lazy, lazy and stupid plays, this whole theme symbolically manifesting itself onto the kicker, which should be gimme pts.

Someone mentioned that McCarthy has bad time mgt, well, that guy can't even manage his own wt!, do you really trust him w anything else? LOL.

First time I laid eyes on Dak not taking responsibility for that time running out fiasco I knew that we weren't dealing w a real man. Also, he's obviously a multi-millionaire but wore that nasty loose-fitting mess?

These right there are all the signs you need haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 11:56 AM   #1096
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes i want Dak back. Hes been a top 10 qb since entering the league. Unless you can get a mahomes, who are you replacing dak with thats going to be better? Again, this year with ints was flukey. had a career 1.8% int percentage and this year was 3.8%. With ~17% bad throws, right at his career average, and ~77% on target throws, right at his career average. Half his picks came off non-turnover worthy throws, because hes throwing to a not fully back Gallup and a borderline WR3 that should be playing special teams not starting at WR.
Serious question, because I agree Dak has historically looked like a top 5 to 10 QB.

Did he take a hit to the head sometime this season?

His decisions on many of the interceptions in the 2nd half of the year just seem so blatantly off. The near safety at the end of the game made me wonder if he has some kind of cognative injury and just can't process what's going on 100% right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #1097
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Serious question, because I agree Dak has historically looked like a top 5 to 10 QB.

Did he take a hit to the head sometime this season?

His decisions on many of the interceptions in the 2nd half of the year just seem so blatantly off. The near safety at the end of the game made me wonder if he has some kind of cognative injury and just can't process what's going on 100% right now.
That play at the end was a designed roll out to buy some time to get a guy open. Just bad WR play and bad blocking left him running right in to a guy.

What i think happened, is he is being told to push the ball downfield, saw a lot less checkdowns/him scrambling vs previous years, and when you couple that with WRs that arent getting separation, and routes that are designed to be quick short routes, theres not a lot of room for error.

We saw the same with Garrett and Linehan since 2007. They also had top scoring offenses, but they relied heavily on the QB making a perfect read and throw, and WRs making a play. Last year was a great example of it. 1st half of the year, Dak and the offense were humming. Defenses werent disguising their play as much, and so Dak knew exactly where the ball was going presnap. Which is what most of Kellen's plays seem to rely on. Quick timing routes. When defenses disguise their play, and dak has to go through his reads during the play, it throws off those quick timing routes. Other Offenses combat this by doing more crossing or have a longer developing route in the play, so if you have to go through multiple reads, you hopefully have a guy coming open later in his route. A guy running across the defense typically gets open a couple seconds in to the play, a guy running a longer developing route potentially getting open even longer. Every cowboys game, youd see a couple of these types of plays, and more times than not, it led to a big play. But Kellen would then go back to his quick routes and the offense would struggle. Thats how you have a high scoring offense, that in the same game it puts up 40pts, looks like a bottom of the league offense.

this play is a perfect example of Kellen's terrible play calling. Every WR is running a quick timing route. You basically have to get the snap and get the ball out, otherwise everyone will be covered by the time you get to the next read. So youre either forcing it in to coverage, throwing it away, scrambling or taking a sack. Not great options.

https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/stat...htmode%3Dfalse

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #1098
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
You need new glasses Clark as Dallas was in this whole game and they blew it. That’s all I’m saying. Don’t get your thong in a bunch and please get your fax straight before accusing who I’m a fan of.

Cheers.
Clark is Superman remember? Superman does not wear glasses.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:24 PM   #1099
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Clark is Superman remember? Superman does not wear glasses.
I’m his kryptonite so he’ll need more than glasses.

TXSTYLE, your thoughts on coach and QB? Payton might go with the Broncos so are you happy with McCarthy’s return? Dump Dak for Lamar, Jimmy G or Drama Arod? Another WR? What’s it gonna take for your team to get over that hump?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 01:27 PM   #1100
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I’m his kryptonite so he’ll need more than glasses.

TXSTYLE, your thoughts on coach and QB? Payton might go with the Broncos so are you happy with McCarthy’s return? Dump Dak for Lamar, Jimmy G or Drama Arod? Another WR? What’s it gonna take for your team to get over that hump?
dak is an 90mill cap hit if cut/traded this offseason. not happening.

Appreciate 0